rrod kit

madvictor

Noob Account
Jul 31, 2010
england
hi all
this is all new to me i firstly got rrod with seeking advise a friend told me how to cure it as it was a overheating issue that i get after a couple of days.so i purchased a xbox repair kit extreme edition to witch i followed the tuition on these forums ive followed it step by step as it illistrates and when i get to the bit where it says about baking the cpu till i get 2 red rings i cant seem to get it to get hot enough to complete the procedure....
is there something im doing wrong or is it a more serious issue than than i think.....

thanks
glynn

sorry if this isnt in the right thread please remove to appropiate forum

[Death]

VIP Member
Mar 8, 2005
South West UK
the kit is a temp fix as said, but i have seen people use it in past.

make sure u block any of fan gettin to gpu sink, and put dvd drive in so it makes a closed compartment, should get hot enough, you can also use the fan just on cpu and not gpu, that will get it major hot if left.

unleashed1982

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2012
Manchester (UK)
Overheating your xbox will do more harm than good, it gets no where need hot enough to "fix" anything plus will probably damage other components in the process. like i said you need it re-flowing or re-balling, otherwise it's just a waste of money if you ask me

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
The kit won't "fix" all errors anyway. What error are you getting? Maybe it is an overheating issue or maybe not. The error would be good info to tell someone if you plan to have it professionally repaired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madvictor

Noob Account
Jul 31, 2010
england
i have now got it working after taking it all apart and doing it all again ive no rrod or overheating issues for the moment.....the only problem ive got now is when i start up the xbox and the load up screen comes on the picture glitches the continues to the dashboard where when i load a game up from disk the sound is hit and miss or just dosnt come on at all...........

any ideas guys

thanks
glynn

xXBlaZeXx

BANNED
Aug 16, 2012
Newcastle
You need to get it professionally repaired matey, re-flowed or re-balled. Those kits are ok for after the proper repair, to keep things cooler.as advised by unleashed1982

madvictor

Noob Account
Jul 31, 2010
england
does anyone know where to take them as we dont have anyone around here who does anything like that or what kind of shop i would be looking for