Safer And Easier Alternative To Removing The R6T3 Resistor (E-Fuse Protection)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin3912

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2009
Canada Toronto Mississauga
As a safer and easier alternative to removing the R6T3 resistor you can instead bridge two solder points on the underside of the 360 motherboard. This will prevent any accidental updates blowing eFuses. It can also be reversed very easily should you ever want to revert to an original Microsoft dashboard. I've used this method on several boxes so far and find it much quicker than removing the resistor. Credit goes to Blackaddr over on xboxhacker for this alternative method (original thread HERE).

I took some photos of my last couple of JTAG installs and edited them in photoshop to give a clearer picture of where to solder. Xenon and Falcon boards differ from late model Falcons and Jaspers. You will find on late model Falcons and Jaspers that U6T1 is not installed. The pics should make it clear where to solder though

Xenon/Falcon

Late Falcon/Jasper

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=706121

Reactions: masbass

LiarInGlass

Apr 1, 2010
Houston, Texas
So is this something that is recommended to be done?

When I get my NAND-X installed, and have XBR installed, should I bridge this by just connecting the two points together with solder? Or should I do something like bridging them with wire like I did for my 12V mod for my fans?

Or should I have this bridged before installing XBR?

I'm a little confused about this since this is the first I've really seen about this.

Bridging this point with solder together won't cause any problems?

Last edited:

tonyintn

VIP Member
Feb 15, 2006
Nashville
So is this something that is recommended to be done?

When I get my NAND-X installed, and have XBR installed, should I bridge this by just connecting the two points together with solder? Or should I do something like bridging them with wire like I did for my 12V mod for my fans?

Or should I have this bridged before installing XBR?

I'm a little confused about this since this is the first I've really seen about this.

Bridging this point with solder together won't cause any problems?
Yep this is a must, what would happen is MS could push out an update and it will kill your XBR and to make matters worse it will also patch the CB version so you are unable to exploit it anymore.

I also remove the resistor like 192_26. I just do not trust using the bridge method I know some that did that and the dashboard still updated. The bridge method is not flawed in anyway its just that the spots are so tiny there is a good chance you might not get it bridged correctly and find out later MS has update and removed your XBR by playing one of the latest games.

Last edited:

LiarInGlass

Apr 1, 2010
Houston, Texas
Yep this is a must, what would happen is MS could push out an update and it will kill your XBR and to make matters worse you will patch the CB version so you cant exploit it anymore.
Figured that. So all I need to do is check which one to bridge and just bridge it together with solder?

Or is the bridge supposed to be done with a wire? I've only bridged things with wire for some reason. I have no idea why, lol.

tonyintn

VIP Member
Feb 15, 2006
Nashville
Figured that. So all I need to do is check which one to bridge and just bridge it together with solder?

Or is the bridge supposed to be done with a wire? I've only bridged things with wire for some reason. I have no idea why, lol.
Just bridge together with solder or Just dab some rosin on the R6t3 resistor an use your solder iron to remove that resistor ( I prefer to remove it).

Last edited:

tonyintn

VIP Member
Feb 15, 2006
Nashville
I would do it after first make sure your unit can be exploited then get it all jtaged and install XBR after you are all done remove the resistor.

rulles

Noob Account
Apr 21, 2010
hello everyone.

in the first topic, Martin3912 told this "It can also be reversed very easily should you ever want to revert to an original Microsoft dashboard."

So if i do this, i can back to my old version of dashboard?

p.s. sorry about my bad english.

i hope everyone help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.