Sammy MS 25 Gives me E66 error after trying to flash Lt2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny Dangerous

Oct 8, 2011
Please help! I've flashed about 15 consoles and now I am running into this road block. Can you please tell me how to get around this?

Thank you so much (of course I'm using JF 1.88 USB360PRO, CK3LITE)

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
Please help! I've flashed about 15 consoles and now I am running into this road block. Can you please tell me how to get around this?

Thank you so much (of course I'm using JF 1.88 USB360PRO, CK3LITE)
flash back to stock fw and see if you get the same error

sounds like a bad flash

dale:wink:

Jonny Dangerous

Oct 8, 2011
So when it asks to dump the files off of the drive do I just no load the source from my drive and find the stock FW and load that? I'm getting 0000000000000 or FFFFFFFFFFFF and that's not the correct target spoof destination

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
So when it asks to dump the files off of the drive do I just no load the source from my drive and find the stock FW and load that? I'm getting 0000000000000 or FFFFFFFFFFFF and that's not the correct target spoof destination
put your dummy.bin in source and manually put ms25 stock in target, then click "spoof to target"

both keys should be the same. then continue with flashing

FlashDrive360

VIP Member
May 17, 2011
you need to click manual spoof to target and it will copy your key over

Jonny Dangerous

Oct 8, 2011
use the Lite-On Dummy Bin?
I'm still getting a "Play DVD" when I try to flash back to stock firmware but no longer get the E66 error. Trying to get 2.0 here, thanks for all the help so far but I'm still at a roadblock! I'm spoofing manually too.

What file do I put in the Source (Sammy Pre-MS25)
What file do I put in Target (Sammy 2.0?)

Or have I not flashed it back to stock successfully?

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
use the Lite-On Dummy Bin?
I'm still getting a "Play DVD" when I try to flash back to stock firmware but no longer get the E66 error. Trying to get 2.0 here, thanks for all the help so far but I'm still at a roadblock! I'm spoofing manually too.

What file do I put in the Source (Sammy Pre-MS25)
What file do I put in Target (Sammy 2.0?)

Or have I not flashed it back to stock successfully?
If you get "play dvd" that usually indicates its not the correct key (unless your trying to play a copy game, then you would get that )

If your on 13146 or later then it would be post stock fw

garageinc

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2010
peterborough UK
sorry to butt in here guys but i am having this issue on one of my jtags and the osig in the nand is the old dvd rom one found on some sammy's. anyway i'm not too fussed about it playing the backup but wasn't going to mess with it mainly as i thought if the osig in the nand is dvd rom but samsung on the ms25 as it should be it would error the console because of non matching osig between the nand and drive if you get me. have i got that wrong and the drive having the correct sammy osig would be fine? only ask not for me but as if i am right then this would also apply to the op, if his drive is an dvd rom type sammy then the nand should be too. i know this is why micoshaft are giving some sammy owners a free slim if they encounter this as its a factory or repair centre caused the issue.

Jonny Dangerous

Oct 8, 2011
This is a console we just fixed the RRoD on. It has 2.0199 the super old dash on it. I'm not sure if that's an issue, but I will try using the post fw. I do have my keys from when I extracted from a Lite-On (is that what you are talking about) That's where I got my Dummy.Bin from but yeah let me check this out. I'm still a little cloudy because I'm getting the "Thanks C4EVA" message at the end which normally indicates a good flash.

What key am I missing? Should I "Save Key?"

What should I put in source "Dummy Bin"
What should I put in Target "Post...."

This should flash back to stock firmware?

Then just dump again and target 2.0? Reflash? I'm confused but I think I'm close to having this done. Thanks for your patience

I

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
This is a console we just fixed the RRoD on. It has 2.0199 the super old dash on it. I'm not sure if that's an issue, but I will try using the post fw. I do have my keys from when I extracted from a Lite-On (is that what you are talking about) That's where I got my Dummy.Bin from but yeah let me check this out. I'm still a little cloudy because I'm getting the "Thanks C4EVA" message at the end which normally indicates a good flash.

What key am I missing? Should I "Save Key?"

What should I put in source "Dummy Bin"
What should I put in Target "Post...."

This should flash back to stock firmware?

Then just dump again and target 2.0? Reflash? I'm confused but I think I'm close to having this done. Thanks for your patience

I

woah,

Let me get this right ? Your trying to flash a samsung with a dummy.bin from a liteon?

(theres more info coming out every post ?)

Is the liteon from that console ? cos the way im reading it is your trying to flash a key from another console to a different drive and not from the console you fixed the rrod on ?? If that makes sense as Im lost now :facepalm:

dale:eek2:

garageinc

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2010
peterborough UK
thanks dale i thought i was going mad there or commenting on 2 seperate posts with the same title lol i see the same as you though, confused.com.

also there is no 0xxx dash i am aware of ever.

@OP you should have a SAMOFW file somewhere you dumped from it before flashing it not a liteon dummy bin. that will have your key in and be used as the sorce. you need to be clear on the dash and whether you have that dump before anyone can advise you any more

woah,

Let me get this right ? Your trying to flash a samsung with a dummy.bin from a liteon?

(theres more info coming out every post ?)

Is the liteon from that console ? cos the way im reading it is your trying to flash a key from another console to a different drive and not from the console you fixed the rrod on ?? If that makes sense as Im lost now :facepalm:

dale:eek2:

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland
wow - this is nuts lol
you should have saved the dummy from the sammy before you did any flashing - it needs to have the kley from the console u r working on - which u will have got from the drive
do u have your original jf log?

Jonny Dangerous

Oct 8, 2011
Still getting play DVD error when trying to flash back to original firmware.

Do I dump what firmware is on my drive (by hitting the read button and leaving it there)or do I change my source firmware to Sammy-OFW? (or post)

Then what is my Target Firmware going to be? (the post Sammy OFW?)

Then when it is flashed back to the OFW then I try to run the dash update (I am not connected to XBL here)

Then Flash to 2.0?

Is all of this correct, what am I doing wrong here I am driving myself nuts

Jonny Dangerous

Oct 8, 2011
I don't think I did. The only Key I've got was from a lite-on. Is there a key somewhere in the downloaded 2.0 firmware?

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
I don't think I did. The only Key I've got was from a lite-on. Is there a key somewhere in the downloaded 2.0 firmware?
Then I'm afraid your "Donald Ducked". the Motherboard has a key (bit like a password) That key should also be on the drive. If it hasn't then you get "play dvd" Im afraid youve just wasted all your time and effort getting the rrod fixed and now all you got is a dvd player

dale:(

Status
Not open for further replies.