Samsung DVD Drive = bad quality?

moerser

Noob Account
Oct 11, 2010
Hey folks! :)

I've just ordered a Xbox 360 Elite with a firmwareflashed Samsung drive (iXtreme LT 1.0) and then (duh!) I've read that the Samsung drive is worse than the LiteOn one. It shall be louder, doesn't read every disc copy and is easily broken. Is that true? Is it really that worse?

The box itself is from June this year, but the flasher changed the LiteOn drive to Samsung.

modmonster

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2009
Cheshire, UK
xboxmods.wordpress.com
Don't know where you read all that but it sounds like a pile of sh*te. Sammy are good drives. Personally, never had a bad one and in some respects, I think there quieter.
I'd be more concerned that the drive in the xbox isn't the original one as potentially it could lead to a possible ban if you use xbox live.

Last edited:

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
Hey folks! :)

I've just ordered a Xbox 360 Elite with a firmwareflashed Samsung drive (iXtreme LT 1.0) and then (duh!) I've read that the Samsung drive is worse than the LiteOn one. It shall be louder, doesn't read every disc copy and is easily broken. Is that true? Is it really that worse?

The box itself is from June this year, but the flasher changed the LiteOn drive to Samsung.
hi,

just did a reflow on an old (2006) console with a samsung ms28 in. I flashed it and insert a back up game. i wouldnt play. So I cleaned the laser and now it works great. I thought it wasnt working because it was so quiet, Quieter than a noisy liteon. so sammys are in my opinion, the best drive.

As modmonster said, I'd be more concerned having a spoofed drive in there, rather than the merits of a samsung drive

dale

kapil888

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2010
United States
It really depends on the drive. For example, i have a 7 series lite-on, that before i flashed it, made no noise while spinning up. I flashed it and now its louder because i had to take the cover of the dvd drive to flash it. The bottom line is that each drive is made differently. Even the screw tightness on the drive changes how loud or quiet the drive is. Hope this helped!