SAMSUNG MS28 Samsung spoofed and broken,install back Liteon 74850c

bruno_rv

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Croatia
Hello. I have a little problem. I got a console that had broken drive. When i opened it i saw it is Samsung spoofed as Liteon DG-16D2S 74850C with iextreme 1.61 and dashboard 2.0.8895.0. It hasnt been played a lot just very old games for kids. The guy said that it was repaired one time but he didnt know what the repairman did. I have a spare Liteon drive 74850 and can read key from samsung without problem but i dont have dummy bin from original liteon. Can i flash stock liteon 74850 with key from spoofed samsung ,update dash and then flash lt+ 3.0 without dummy.bin just with the key? Getting the original dummy bin is not an option as the man who repaired it doesnt do that anymore and has deleted all backups.

Last edited:

bruno_rv

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Croatia
Thanks a lot ;)
One more question. Is it possible to flash STOCK liteon firmware to samsung so it can update dashboard? As my spare Liteon is not here at the moment,cannot wait monday
. And wanted to test this samsung new laser with newer games as i dont have older games. Or maybe update dash with nandx?

Last edited:

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden
Thanks a lot ;)
One more question. Is it possible to flash STOCK liteon firmware to samsung so it can update dashboard? As my spare Liteon is not here at the moment,cannot wait monday :D. And wanted to test this samsung new laser with newer games as i dont have older games. Or maybe update dash with nandx?
Nope

bruno_rv

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Croatia
Ok thank you. And if i update with nandx and flash sammy with 2.01 doesnt help because spoofing doesnt work with newer dash anyway. So stuck with it will monday ;(. Thanks

Last edited: