CK3 LITE SATA Card?

brh11

Oct 19, 2010
CANADA
hey i would high recomned the x360usb becuase even if u buy the via6421 that is pci,(inside ur computer),if u want to try and flash a slim its harder,liteon freezes for phat ,the x360usb makes ur life easier trust me :redface:

BomBin

Aug 8, 2011
Hi, as I said it costs too much. I use lite-on 16D2S 74850C. I just want to understand how to flash my drive with CK3 Probe 3 + CK3 Lite. What else do I need? How do I connect all the things? What shall I install on my computer?

Thank you very much!

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
Costs too much ?

Why do you own a console where the games are $60 each then ? :rolleyes2:

Regardless - your question has already been answered (in fact you answered it yourself in the very first post - that you made no less).

Now, in requirements, it says:
X360USB PRO or Compatible SATA Card (recommend VIA 6421)
I have absolutely no clue why you need clarification when the answer was given to you in the instructions and you quoted it yourself ?

BomBin

Aug 8, 2011
Yeah but I don't really know what it is.. Do I need to buy it? Is it some card I should put inside my computer?

I just want to understand how to flash my drive with CK3 Probe 3 + CK3 Lite. What else do I need? How do I connect all the things? What shall I install on my computer? Do you know any COMPLETE guide on how to flash with probe + ck3 lite?

BomBin

Aug 8, 2011
Okay, clearer questions, please ignore my latest message:
How can I check if my motherboard has a compatible sata port? And if not, what should I do?

When connecting the drive with SATA cable, JF will automatically recognize it?

What software do I need? When I run jungleflasher, it's writing 'portio32.sys driver started', do I still need to manually install it? Or it's ok?

And I have probe 3 and ck3 lite, now what connected to what?

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
easy answer. read the instructions.

the jf manual and all the tx instructions answer all of your questions - you are totally over complicating this for yourself. You will get no hand holding here. we make it VERY VERY easy for you to do this. If you cant follow the very simple guides then you shouldn't risk doing this yourself.

I mean - the guides even show you pictures ffs - and videos. We cant dumb it down any more than we already have done.

BomBin

Aug 8, 2011
When I run jungleflasher, it's writing 'portio32.sys driver started', do I still need to manually install it? Or it's ok?
Not sure yet. As for jftut1.4.3, no more acts needed. Is it true?

How can I check if my motherboard has a compatible sata port? And if not, what should I do?
Unfortunately, no answer is given in jftut1.4.3.

Have no idea yet.

And I have probe 3 and ck3 lite, now what connected to what?
Ah, finally found the answer in your new tutorial. Awesome, thanks!

What software do I need?
As you say:
With X360USB PRO you don't need CK3 Pro drivers, you don't have to use any COM ports (if you don't want the "no Com Ports" message showing up when you boot Jungle Flasher then simply save and run this reg file) and you don't have to have any PortIO stuff installed so no F8 or Driver signing disabled or any of that crap any more (simply tick the USB Only button and all the PortIO stuff gets disabled / ignored) - just ignore all that as it's the old way of doing things - X360USB PRO takes care of ALL of it.
Means that if I don't use X360USB PRO, I do need some more programs to install. I just don't know what programs..

In your newest guide, there isn't a part where we push the tray half way in. Isn't it necessary anymore? and covering the voltage regulator also isn't necessary anymore?

Last edited:

[email protected]

Jul 6, 2011
Not sure yet. As for jftut1.4.3, no more acts needed. Is it true?

Unfortunately, no answer is given in jftut1.4.3.

Have no idea yet.

Ah, finally found the answer in your new tutorial. Awesome, thanks!

As you say:

Means that if I don't use X360USB PRO, I do need some more programs to install. I just don't know what programs..

In your newest guide, there isn't a part where we push the tray half way in. Isn't it necessary anymore? and covering the voltage regulator also isn't necessary anymore?
BomBin the tutorial under documentation folder of JungleFlasher has all info needed to lead you to a drive succesfuly flashed,but you has a lot of doubts and don't know what's about to do. I'm sure that you are ready to destroy your dvd-rom,and also think that the best solution for you is to find somebody skilled to do this job to you before you kill the drive,lost the key and f***k the xbox that is more expensive than x360usbpro.

BomBin

Aug 8, 2011
Hi, already paid for someone to flash my Xbox, but now I want to learn to do this by myself. (will also buy an extra lite-on to do the flash on) Please, please answer my questions if you know the answers. Believe me I read a lot of tutorials and guides, I don't ask for nothing.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Jul 6, 2011
Hi, already paid for someone to flash my Xbox, but now I want to learn to do this by myself. (will also buy an extra lite-on to do the flash on) Please, please answer my questions if you know the answers. Believe me I read a lot of tutorials and guides, I don't ask for nothing.
Believe me too,you dont need a lot of tutorials,softwares and guides,JungleFlasher 0.1.86b is enough. But before start,you need to read and UNDERSTAND on the JF tutorial all procedures related to your drive model/revision,then make a backup of the dvd key/fw that is currently working on your xbox360 drive. Try to use the extra lite-on for experiments and good luck!

BomBin

Aug 8, 2011
Thanks, I will use the extra lite-on. But I still don't understand couple of things:
If I don't use X360USB PRO, I do need some more programs to install. I just don't know what programs..

In UberGeek's newest guide, there isn't a part where we push the tray half way in. Isn't it necessary anymore?

When I run jungleflasher, it's writing 'portio32.sys driver started', do I still need to manually install portio32? Or it's ok?
Please help me, I know I am not very experienced in those things, but you were also a newbie when you first started.. How will I learn if not like that?

Thanks.

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland

BomBin

Aug 8, 2011
Okay found it:
Intel(R) 82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7 Family) Serial ATA storage controller - 27C0

Guess it's good, so I don't need to buy a VIA chipset? Just connect my drive to my SATA directly and JF will recognize it?

Thank you very much!

Last edited:

BomBin

Aug 8, 2011
Okay, thank you very much :)
Hope it's ok, I still don't understand couple of things:
If I don't use X360USB PRO, what drivers / software shall I install?

In UberGeek's newest guide, there isn't a part where we push the tray half way in. Isn't it necessary anymore?

When I run jungleflasher, it says 'portio32.sys driver started', do I still need to manually install portio32? Or it's ok?

After using CK3 Unlock v2 to disassemble the XBOX and after flashing, how do I get all the pieces together to a working XBOX?

100% sure I don't need to buy a SATA chipset if my card is on the list diaboliq gave me?

Last edited:

BomBin

Aug 8, 2011
Please? I Would really like to order the bundle asap but need to know the answers for the above questions..

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland
If I don't use X360USB PRO, what drivers / software shall I install? - regards the drivers - just make sure your via drivers are right there are some posts about via drivers on the forum - have a search - software = jungleflasher and cfw

In UberGeek's newest guide, there isn't a part where we push the tray half way in. Isn't it necessary anymore? If it's not in the guide, you don't need to do it

When I run jungleflasher, it says 'portio32.sys driver started', do I still need to manually install portio32? Or it's ok? - you don't need to do anything with portio

After using CK3 Unlock v2 to disassemble the XBOX and after flashing, how do I get all the pieces together to a working XBOX? just reverse the process - drive in and connected - screw the lid on - eject button back on - clip the bottom back on - lid and base on - faceplate on - simples ;)

100% sure I don't need to buy a SATA chipset if my card is on the list diaboliq gave me? - if it's on the list - u r ok

BomBin

Aug 8, 2011
By CFW you mean the firmware right? Yes I have it. I will search on via drivers and will let you know, thank you very much :)