Script to launch SNES Games

Slawek

Dec 13, 2004
Ontario, Canada
Hey guys...

My girlfriend LOVES playing Super Mario and stuff like that emulated from the box.. but, she doesn't understand the whole launch emulator, find the game, etc etc.

I'm wondering if you geniuses can come up with a little script for me. I'm using EVOX, I used Slayers Auto Installer so whatever the SNES emulator is that it installed is on there..

I have my EVOX set up so I go to PLAY GAMES frmo the main menu, and it shows all my games I copied. I'd like it to have say... Super Mario All Stars in there, so when I select it, a script launches the emulator, and then launches the game automatically. I figure it's simple to do if the emulator had a command line feature, but I'm not very good at that stuff... :(

Anyone up for the challenge??? :)

aceman118

Noob Account
Nov 15, 2004
IL
If I'm not mistaken wouldn't the emulater have to have some sort of command line where it would run a game automatically?

for example: launch xSNES9x -super mario world

because once the script launches the emulator it loses control of the system and game would have to still be selected from the list in the emulator.

I wouldn't mind having this feature myself so I hope I'm wrong here.

Slawek

Dec 13, 2004
Ontario, Canada
ya that's what I was thinking too. I'm gonna look into it. Gotta find out what emulator comes on Slayers and I'll get back to you guys... maybe we can work together on this somehow?

gorgeth

Jun 11, 2004
Slawek said:
Hey guys...

My girlfriend LOVES playing Super Mario and stuff like that emulated from the box.. but, she doesn't understand the whole launch emulator, find the game, etc etc.

I'm wondering if you geniuses can come up with a little script for me. I'm using EVOX, I used Slayers Auto Installer so whatever the SNES emulator is that it installed is on there..

I have my EVOX set up so I go to PLAY GAMES frmo the main menu, and it shows all my games I copied. I'd like it to have say... Super Mario All Stars in there, so when I select it, a script launches the emulator, and then launches the game automatically. I figure it's simple to do if the emulator had a command line feature, but I'm not very good at that stuff... :(

Anyone up for the challenge??? :)

The x-Ports emulators already support a commandline system for launching a specific game.

The trick is that the dash must support this command line (or the install script..) Still looking for particulars on the command line passing and how to setup the exact command for xports commandline

gorgeth

Jun 11, 2004
You can find the information on X-Port Emu command lines in the Custom_Launch_params.H, Custom_Launch_params.cpp and undocumented.h files included with the X-Ports emulators.

If anyone knows of a front end that supports these please share the info!

Also the files in the X-ports emu's mention that they also support returning to the dash after running a specifc game.

gorgeth

Jun 11, 2004
One more post on this!

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=366568 is a thread discussing this very thing..

Apparently UnleashX dash supports launching apps with parameters.

The format is:

<Item Action="f:\emus\gba\default.xbe" arg1="f:\emus\gba\roms\007 Everything or Nothing.gba" Icon="f:\emus\gba\box_art\007_Everything_or_Nothing.png">007 Everything or Nothing</Item>

the Icon="" section is optional

I have just finished setting up a limited nested menu of about 30 classics (by system type then a submenu for the actual game)