Serious Problem Need Help ASAP PLEASE

rbracewell20

Noob Account
Apr 16, 2006
I used X3 Config Live to change both the startup and logo screen colors. I did that sucessfully. I noticed that there was a password that I could enter into it. I thought that it would lock out my XBOX so no one could use it without the password. When I put in a password and rebooted it to check it. It frose at the XBOX logo screen and will do nothing more. I tried holding down the white button to get back into it and that didn't work either. How do I fix this problem and take the password off X3 Config Live?

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
You'll need to reflash the chip with a much older X3 BIOS and clear the chip using the factory reset option. It's a known glitch in the latest BIOS version - don't set a password!

Once cleared, reflash the chip with your chosen BIOS.

Martin

The Reepr

Apr 25, 2006
Yeah, I heard about that little error. But can't he just boot his backup BIOS? or are you flashing it for the first time? Anyway... I hope everything works out for you buddy. I have one Q though...going slightly off topic..
What's the diffrece between the X3 and The X3CE? I believe this is not worth a seperate topic so I ask it here.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
The Reepr said:
Yeah, I heard about that little error. But can't he just boot his backup BIOS? or are you flashing it for the first time? Anyway... I hope everything works out for you buddy. I have one Q though...going slightly off topic..
What's the diffrece between the X3 and The X3CE? I believe this is not worth a seperate topic so I ask it here.
Main differences:the X3CE has a proper socket for the 1.6 5v connector. It also has the X3LCD socket parallel to the board. Finally, it ships with FlashBIOS 3.0.3 on banks 5678.

Martin

Azraiel

Noob Account
May 15, 2006
im in over my head and my friends as well!!! need help

we are trying to install the x3 ce mod chip using the solderless adapter and are experiencing a/v troubles we are getting a fragmented grayscale split screen can any one please explain :eek:!!!