Short question about 2.5.3

Pianoman144

Noob Account
Jan 29, 2019
Germany
Hello.
My System has ofw 6.2 installed. I want to Update the ofw to 7.0 to format my sd card to exfat. Am I able to do a nand Backup before I Update the ofw and then keeping the 6.2 in emunand running with sx os 2.5.3?

Thanks

imprezgc8

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Reactions: Pianoman144

Pianoman144

Noob Account
Jan 29, 2019
Germany
I just read the text about choidujournx. What's the best way to Start? I have only one sd card with 200gb. I havent done anything atm. Should I first do a nand backup with exfat formated then do the update with choidujournx for exfat support and after that setting the emunand on exfat formated sd card? I would then use sx os only on emunand. Is that a possible way to go? I dont want to brick anything nor update to 7.0 lol

Thanks for the help

imprezgc8

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
You are on the right track. ALWAYS make a nand backup before doing anything like updating. Can't stress that enough haha.

One question before you do all that though, have your tried using an exFAT card in OFW with your system currently? Since you have already updated to 6.2 officially, I am assuming, exFAT should already be supported. Another precaution is to make sure you have airplane mode on and even better to not have your wifi configured or a network adapter connected to your dock.

Since if you need to do the above you will need to format your SD back to fat32 anyways, backup your SD card to your computer, format it to exFAT and try it in the switch. Again make sure airplane mode is on at the very least.

Reactions: Pianoman144

Pianoman144

Noob Account
Jan 29, 2019
Germany
Just tried. The exfat sd isnt supported in ofw. I have to do an update to use sdxc" so I just do a nand backup with the exfat card then reformat to fat32 and install the update 6.2 Update with choidujournx. After that I can reformat to exfat and set a emunand to use with sx os right?

imprezgc8

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
That sucks, but yes you have the steps correct. Just make sure to pick the exfat 6.2 when using Choi.

woohp009

Noob Account
Dec 27, 2018
Mexico
I have ofw and cfw 6.2. I updated my emunand to 7 and every time I try to boot, the SX screen appears, but after that my switch dies. I can get in the sx menu, but if i choose to boot emunand then just black screen.

Sould I update my ofw to 7? is there a way to play cfw 7? I need to download my saves.

Thanks

imprezgc8

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
I have ofw and cfw 6.2. I updated my emunand to 7 and every time I try to boot, the SX screen appears, but after that my switch dies. I can get in the sx menu, but if i choose to boot emunand then just black screen.

Sould I update my ofw to 7? is there a way to play cfw 7? I need to download my saves.

Thanks
You should just not upgrade to 7.0 at all. SX does not support 7.0 yet. 2.5.3 makes it possible to run a 6.2 emunand if you updated your sysnand to 7.0. Since you're sysnand is still on 6.2 just stay on that until 7.0 support is released. Just redo your emunand with 6.2. Also going forward please start your own thread. It becomes cumbersome with everyones info in 1 thread.

Salamander

Noob Account
Feb 3, 2019
Colombia
Hey got a question, I have both my ofw and emunand on 6.2. I wanna update my ofw since 2.5.3 came out and try the piranha plant on my legit smash. I read the tutorials of the choidujournx , I already have the update files on my sd. Problem is I just don't know how to update on ofw.

I have separate SD cards for emunand and sysnand. I boot the payload from my laptop and I don't have a jig. Any advice?

imprezgc8

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Hey got a question, I have both my ofw and emunand on 6.2. I wanna update my of since 2.5.3 came out and try the piranha plant on my legit smash. I read the tutorials of the choidujournx , I already have the update files on my sd. Problem is I just don't know how to update on of.

I have separate SD cards for emunand and sysnand. I boot the payload from my laptop and I don't have a jig. Any advice?
Please start your own thread going forward. It states in the rules to not thread high jack.

I would advise waiting till 7.0 is supported by SX. I don't think you can update to 7.0 using Choi yet as CFW is not supported in 7.0and you cannot run Choi in OFW. You would need to boot to OFW and update through Nintendo on your sysnand.

I'll mention that after modding your console in any way, you will always run the risk of being banned. If that's not a worry, then just boot to OFW update through Nintendo and that's it.

Salamander

Noob Account
Feb 3, 2019
Colombia
Please start your own thread going forward. It states in the rules to not thread high jack.

I would advise waiting till 7.0 is supported by SX. I don't think you can update to 7.0 using Choi yet as CFW is not supported in 7.0and you cannot run Choi in OFW. You would need to boot to OFW and update through Nintendo on your sysnand.

I'll mention that after modding your console in any way, you will always run the risk of being banned. If that's not a worry, then just boot to OFW update through Nintendo and that's it.
Sorry about it. Thanks for the answer

Reactions: imprezgc8

Pianoman144

Noob Account
Jan 29, 2019
Germany
Short question. At the Moment when the new sx os will released. Is it a good idea to let the ofw 6.2 untouched and just updating the emunand with choi to 7.0? I just entered once to the ofw with sx os to make the offline exfat update ;)

imprezgc8

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Short question. At the Moment when the new sx os will released. Is it a good idea to let the ofw 6.2 untouched and just updating the emunand with choi to 7.0? I just entered once to the ofw with sx os to make the offline exfat update ;)
CFW is not supported on 7.0 yet. I would just stay with what you have.

Pianoman144

Noob Account
Jan 29, 2019
Germany
Tested someone the battery life of switch when a hdd (not extra powered) is connected to the switch directly (usb c otg) and playing games with the hdd? Is it possible to play some time or only some minutes? Greetings

imprezgc8

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Tested someone the battery life of switch when a hdd (not extra powered) is connected to the switch directly (usb c otg) and playing games with the hdd? Is it possible to play some time or only some minutes? Greetings
As far as I know you need to use the dock if you are going to use an external HDD.

Support Our Sponsors