RGH Sim Demon/stock nand faceplate indicator MOD

Justice1231

VIP Member
May 4, 2011
Adelaide, Australia (down south)
Slim Demon/stock nand faceplate indicator MOD

HI all.
This is a little mod i did earlier today and thought i would share. My main reason for doing this mod is mainly for my kids, so they dont boot the xbox with the wrong hard drive in.

I am using the Team Xecuter CR3 Light for this mod, however i have tested with the REV C and works also. Tested with CR3 PRO working.
If you attempt this mod you do so at your own risk, i do not accept any responsibility for any damage you may do to your console.

Firstly you will need :-
1. Some wire/cable approx 15cms long (cut to size)
2. wire cutters
3. solder and soldering iron
4. any LED of your choice
5. Coolrunner CR3 Light.

There are various tutorials on this site that will enable you to use the LEDs already on the ROL however ive decided to use a seperate LED colour so the kids:rolleyes2: dont get confused.

First off scrape away at the ROL board until you expose the copper of the board, you can use any part of the board being carefull not to break any traces.

Then tin the exposed area with some solder.

Once tinned connect your negative side of the LED to the ROL board.

Now solder your cable to the positive side of the LED

Tin the EN point of the CR3 Light and the connect the other end of the cable.

Provided you soldering is good, once you connect your slim up to the power supply the LED should now be lit indicating the demon nand is selected and when you press your demon button or sync button the led should go out indicating the stock nand is selected.

For coolrunner rev C users connect the cable to the EN pad from the demon add on

On the video below you will see the RED LED indicating the demon nand (plus the flashing blue LED indicating the coolrunner trying to glitch) and then the stock nand (no LED) booting

[ame]http://youtu.be/OOCcY09Axh0[/ame]

Last edited:

Steel City Mods

VIP Member
May 30, 2012
USA
I was thinking about doing something like that, never got around to it. Also, touching on the subject of using the wrong hard drive, ive thought about putting something in place to have seperate hdds turn on based off the nand selection, been too busy to actually mess with it though.

HI all.
This is a little mod i did earlier today and thought i would share. My main reason for doing this mod is mainly for my kids, so they dont boot the xbox with the wrong hard drive in.

I am using the Team Xecuter CR3 Light for this mod, It may work on the REV C but i havent one available to test

If you attempt this mod you do so at your own risk, i do not accept any responsibility for any damage you may do to your console.

2. wire cutters
5. Coolrunner CR3 Light.

There are various tutorials on this site that will enable you to use the LEDs already on the ROL however ive decided to use a seperate LED colour so the kids:rolleyes2: dont get confused.

First off scrape away at the ROL board until you expose the copper of the board, you can use any part of the board being carefull not to break any traces.

Link To Image

Link To Image

Link To Image

Link To Image

Link To Image

Provided you soldering is good, once you connect your slim up to the power supply the LED should now be lit indicating the demon nand is selected and when you press your demon button or sync button the led should go out indicating the stock nand is selected.

On the video below you will see the RED LED indicating the demon nand (plus the flashing blue LED indicating the coolrunner trying to glitch) and then the stock nand (no LED) booting

http://youtu.be/OOCcY09Axh0
Lol I noticed u had a missing led and a lifted pad lol just being random

aids76

Jan 9, 2011
No Mans Land
Hi guys !

I hope you wont be angry if i use this thread to show my masterpiece :) Hope you like it.
Any question ask :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPisv11RdHw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPisv11RdHw[/ame]

Regards

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
OP - what you've done only applies to some RoL boards.

There's a much better guide for this stuff in the Case mods area here. It also shows you how to wire it up so you can remove the RoL board without having to desolder anything.

Justice1231

VIP Member
May 4, 2011
Adelaide, Australia (down south)
OP - what you've done only applies to some RoL boards.

There's a much better guide for this stuff in the Case mods area here. It also shows you how to wire it up so you can remove the RoL board without having to desolder anything.
I appreciate that there are alternatives to using the LEDs on the ROL, thats why i stated about the other tutorials, this will work with any ROL board as your grounding the LED and not using Common negative to ground the led, then taking the postive input from the coolrunner, Its simple and doesnt require any transitors etc.
The other mods are just for showing the coolrunner glitching, this is a visaual indication on the front of the xbox to show which nand is selected for the DemoN so you dont have to keep looking around the rear of the console. Whilst soldering to the pins makes it a nice clean install if you want to have both the CR LED Glitch and the DemoN visual indicator one of those will have to be soldered direct to the board. Just thought it might help a few people out.

Appologies if ive posted this in the wrong section could you please move it to the relevant place.

Last edited:

madhaxer

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2012
Arkansas USA
I for one think its a great idea for demon user's. Sticky it.

Reactions: Justice1231

GModz Tuts

Feb 20, 2013
Broomfield, Colorado
Re: Slim Demon/stock nand faceplate indicator MOD

HI all.

I am using the Team Xecuter CR3 Light for this mod, however i have tested with the REV C and works also. Tested with CR3 PRO working.

2. wire cutters
5. Coolrunner CR3 Light.

For coolrunner rev C users connect the cable to the EN pad from the demon add on

[ame]http://youtu.be/OOCcY09Axh0[/ame]
Thanks for this, Im going to do the CR DBG Led to my (while verticle) Player 3 led and this one to my Player 4 led. (phat BTW) but on the red's Negative side (because phats have a positive and 2 negatives for each led, whichever negative is grounded is the color that turns on) so they will be red.

calippo83

Noob Account
Dec 13, 2014
Germany
tried this cool mnod today at the cr_en point of cr4 xl... dont work for me dont know why... =( i would like to have a nand status led in fron at the rol ...

edit: sorry my mistake!

It workes nice at the en point on the demon itself ;) thx

Last edited: