Skin Transfer Problems

macbeth

Noob Account
Feb 8, 2003
I have a strange problem. If I download the skins from within X3CL, they install correclty (most of the time, some report errors for some reason).

However, if I download a skin from AllXBOXSkins and manually FTP them over, they do not display correctly. It displays an altered default skin.

As an experiment, I transferred a skin over which I downloaded from AllXBOXSkins within X3CL to my PC. I then FTPed that same skin to a different directory in E:/X3Skins and when I selected it, it did not display correctly. Shouldn't it have worked, since that dir contains exactly the same data as the one I downloaded from within X3CL?

Please help. Thank you.

macbeth

Noob Account
Feb 8, 2003
Well, if I download the X3 Terminal skin from within the UI, it will display correctly. Now, if I download the same skin from AllXBOXSkins, and FTP it over it won't display correctly. It should since it's the same data right?

The reason I want to FTP some skins over is because Zikronix's skin includes several variations. I tried just copying over the files in each subdir to the separate folders in the x3skins dir, but that doesn't work. This has happened with every skin I tried installing manually (not having X3CL do it).

Thank you.

macbeth

Noob Account
Feb 8, 2003
Ureterral?

Any more input on this one? Why it doesn't function correctly? I have the latest X3 BIOS installed if that makes any difference, using a v1.4 XBOX, with Avalaunch and XBMC installed as my dashes.

Please help. Thank you.

ureterral

VIP Member
Dec 8, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
www.fase.me
O sorry. Didnt check back.
Make sure the skin ini is in the root of the skin directory. Eg, E:\x3skins\Terminal\x3skin.ini.
If its in a subfolder of Terminal then it wont work.

Does an error flash on the screen when the skin loads?

macbeth

Noob Account
Feb 8, 2003
Thanks for the response Ureterral.

Yah, the skin ini is in the root.

As I mentioned previously, if I copy the "working" skin over to my PC, delete the skin dir on the XBOX, then retransfer the same "working" skin back over to the XBOX, the skin no longer displays correctly. It's the same data, so I dunno why it's not working.

If I download through the dash, most skins displays correctly (some report errors). But I download the same skins with no errors using the PC, and then FTPing them over, those skins will no longer display. The just show a weird altered version of the default skin.

Any more advice XBOX Guru? =]