LITEON DG-16D4S - SLIM Slim flashing, cheapest option

chicko

Noob Account
Jul 23, 2012
Hello, i apologize if this already has been answered in another post but i've read so many post the past 2 weeks and im going crazy. I dont have a lot of money since im a student and i'd lke to flash my Xbox 360 slim (i have the info on a pic[Pic nr 1]). As i've understood it the cheapest way for me who has a slim is to buy this Sputnik360 switch. (please help me list allt he things i need because i have read so many different stuff that i dont know what I need and what i dont need).

I have a sata cable from my xbox dvd to my pc (i have a pic showing this[Pic nr 2]) and what is powering it is the xbox power cable.

johnccc

Jul 21, 2012
Have you managed to get Jungle Flasher to detect the drive yet?

Just asking before you get into anything as it would be required.

vegaslightsss

VIP Member
Jan 22, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
You can't use the sputnik unless you have a mxic chipset. Use this to find out which you have: http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68258.
If it is 03 then you can use sputnik because it is a mxic. If it is a 05 then you have either unlocked pcb or do the kamikaze hack because its a winbond.

Also your probably not gonna get a whole lot of support because of the lack tx products. Also it looks like your going usb to sata through a laptop. There is most likely going to be a compatibility issue. If you can't get a usbpro you should atleast try to use a desktop with extra sata ports.

Farouk123456

Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2011
also, if he is going to even install the sputnik (incase he has an mxic) he is going to need a soldering iron and flux and possibly but not necessary a fiberglass brush to prep the joint which might cost alot to get
on the other hand, if it turns out to be 05 (windbond) you will either try kamikaze which is way to dangerous or tx replacement board which is okay, not expensive, not cheap, look here is possibly the least price i can get u, supposingly you are in usa
Ck3 mini: http://www.xconsoles.com/products/xecuter-ck3-mini.html to power the xbox drive
and then check if jungleflasher recognises the drive when you connect it to the sata, if not you will need a x360 usb pro (if it is recognized no need for this)
http://www.xconsoles.com/products/xecuter-x360usb-pro.html
and if it is indeed a 05 (windbond) i guess it is better for you to get a tx replacement
so looking from the looks of alll this, least would cost you round 100$ minimum
why not send it to a professional, there is loads of them in this site, i prefer whyconsoles for instance
anyways your call

Edit: just saw pic #2 you mean that sata to usb, funny i have the same exact one, seriously, dont try it wont recognise it jungleflasher, i tried millions of times, it only works when connecting my ihas to the laptop thats it, doesnt work on xbox drives :(

Last edited:

johnccc

Jul 21, 2012
True that ^^ (vegaslightsss)

In rare cases one given onboard sata chipset may work, however, I have to agree, a USB Pro would be recommended. Since you just want your slim flashed, I would simply pay someone who has the equipment to do it for you, no sense in buying almost $100 worth of equipment for one console.

chicko

Noob Account
Jul 23, 2012
johnccc: no, thank yo, will do that. It's really expansive to flash slim in sweden so i'd rather just try it out myself

vegaslightsss: okay thank you, i have a 05, winbond

Farouk123456: Thx, but i also have a stationary PC which i can connect the sata port to, will that help? or do i need to buy the USBPRO?

Farouk123456

Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2011
johnccc: no, thank yo, will do that. It's really expansive to flash slim in sweden so i'd rather just try it out myself

vegaslightsss: okay thank you, i have a 05, winbond

Farouk123456: Thx, but i also have a stationary PC which i can connect the sata port to, will that help? or do i need to buy the USBPRO?
first you have to connect your drive to your pc sata port and download a program called jungleflasher, if this program recognises you drive, then no need for the usb pro, though you might face problems in flashing, but it is unlikely, but if the program doesnt recognize it, you need the usb pro
also since it is windbond 05, then you will either need
1) TX replacement Board (best solution)
2)drilling in the board using kamikaze (very very extremely alot dangerous)
idk man its just that
(14.95 + 49.95 + 59.95) x 6.94 = 867 Swedish kronor which is kinda alot, just ship it to someone even in usa, it will be much cheaper

chicko

Noob Account
Jul 23, 2012
first you have to connect your drive to your pc sata port and download a program called jungleflasher, if this program recognises you drive, then no need for the usb pro, though you might face problems in flashing, but it is unlikely, but if the program doesnt recognize it, you need the usb pro
also since it is windbond 05, then you will either need
1) TX replacement Board (best solution)
2)drilling in the board using kamikaze (very very extremely alot dangerous)
idk man its just that
(14.95 + 49.95 + 59.95) x 6.94 = 867 Swedish kronor which is kinda alot, just ship it to someone even in usa, it will be much cheaper
OKay thank you very much man, appreciate the help, btw are you sure that sending in my xbox will be cheaper? cause so far the people i've found in sweden flashes slim for 1500 kronor only

Farouk123456

Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2011
wow 1500!!! sh*t thats like 216$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dude no ofc ship it it will be much less dvd flashing at why consoles is only 20-30 dollars!!!!!! shipment from swede to usa might cost more but no way in hell it is going to reach as high as that!!!

Disk0

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2011
Exeter UK
You only really need to send the board aswell if you go for a kamikaze option

chicko

Noob Account
Jul 23, 2012
pay postage to uk and back and ill unlock and flash your windbond board for free.
it sounds very expensive in your country to mod xbox''s.
from what ive read there charging nearly £100 to flash slim:eek2::eek2::eek2:
Really, seriously?!? man if ur serious u dont know how happy u have made me!