Soldering Equipment & Advice

nicke20

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2011
NW Uk
did you see the flux pen at maplins can only be sold to over 18's :confused:

I sometimes wonder how mad this world is going,
would you rather down a bottle of vodka or do what with a flux pen???

Reactions: xXBladeXx

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
Solder: 60/40 Rosin-Core Solder 0.32" Diameter is our preferred solder. It doesn't have to be EXACTLY this - but it's the one we recommend.
Just curious if this is a typo or not. I'm wondering if you meant 0.032. 0.32 is almost 5/16 of an inch and that is huge when it comes to solder.

Not questioning your wisdom. I was just curios. :D

H3rmaN

Noob Account
Dec 4, 2011
NE Scotland
It's always a good idea to get the best iron you can afford. If being used a lot they are more of an investment than anything really.

I've been through various mains powered irons and a couple of stations. Currently using a Weller WD1000 setup that is the best I've had by far. The only better equipment I've had the pleasure of using was at uni while doing my degree in electronic engineering, but they were £500+ irons. The Weller isn't cheap though and still cost around £300, but like I said, if you do LOTS of soldering day in day out like I do it's worth the money.

Sep 9, 2011
Thanks alot for this post I was gonna post a thread about this! I have a 30 watt prcaticing how to solder.. using no clean solder it sucks.. trying to know how to tin points.. getting the hang of it.. been 3 days after reciving the nand x kit not ready yet haha

BloodShotModz

Noob Account
Jun 7, 2013
Canada
Hey there my 20w solder iron stopped melting solder, so my friend wants to give me a 35w iron, is a 35w iron good for electronic soldering? such as nand-x?

Support Our Sponsors