Soldering for the LITEON DG-16D4S - UNLOCKED REPLACEMENT PCB V1.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zendoku

Dec 14, 2011
Hey guys I am wondering how to solder for the xbox 360 slim DG-16D4S dvd drive. I am a complete noob at soldering. May you please tell me materials needed for soldering in the LITEON DG-16D4S - UNLOCKED REPLACEMENT PCB V1.1. Also can I have pictures of where you solder at to remove old replacement pcb. And I also want to know the exact spot that I need to solder to pre-tin the replacement pcb. And how to unsolder old pcb v.1.1 I tried Youtube video's of the soldering but they really didn't explain anything and it wasn't very good quality of what they were actually doing. I went from 2 original xboxes with broken torx that I was going to use to flash. But as I said the torx screw's was broken so I couldn't fix red ring. So now I'm on my last console and its the slim I really need help with this I don't want this one to end up damage as the other's. :frown:.

Last edited by a moderator:

sick360mods

BANNED
Mar 22, 2010
Longisland , New York
The unlocked PCB dosnt need to be solder it has a solderless attachment that you just screw the wire into. It's color coded so shouldnt be a issue to get what wire goes where

Pro bono work for the next 5 people. contact me for details

Zendoku

Dec 14, 2011
The unlocked PCB dosnt need to be solder it has a solderless attachment that you just screw the wire into. It's color coded so shouldnt be a issue to get what wire goes where

Pro bono work for the next 5 people. contact me for details
Okay that's great but how would I unsolder my old drive without damaging wires. And is this pcb new? Which one your talking about..

Fisticuffs

VIP Member
Mar 14, 2011
Arizona, US
No, You'd cut the wires close to the old PCB, Then strip them, And screw them into the color coded slots on the daughter board.

UberGeek said:
Here is how the PCB should look like after it is installed. Note where the daughter board is fitted so you dont have to solder any wires
From the link rdubbs posted.
http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68101

Reactions: Zendoku

Threpwhistle

May 18, 2012
Newcastle. UK
If you cant solder this kit is made so you cut the original wiring off the PCB about where it bends around to the the drive motor. You then strip the wiring back and place it in the TX block supplied in the kit. Wind the screws clock wise so you see the metal leg on the block drop down, then insert the stripped wire to the colour that matches the block and screw anti clock wise to lift the leg to trap the bared wire and give full continuity.

Zendoku

Dec 14, 2011
If you cant solder this kit is made so you cut the original wiring off the PCB about where it bends around to the the drive motor. You then strip the wiring back and place it in the TX block supplied in the kit. Wind the screws clock wise so you see the metal leg on the block drop down, then insert the stripped wire to the colour that matches the block and screw anti clock wise to lift the leg to trap the bared wire and give full continuity.
Can you please show me a video? I'm a visual learner.

Fisticuffs

VIP Member
Mar 14, 2011
Arizona, US
:facepalm: If you can't cut a wire and strip alittle bit off the ends and screw it in to a color coded slot and you need a video, All I can say is google it or send it to someone who does drive flashing. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+install+TX+unlocked+pcb

Last edited:
Reactions: frayed

frayed

DINDU NUFFIN
VIP Member
Dec 22, 2010
A galaxy far far away....
Can you please show me a video? I'm a visual learner.
i suppose you couldn't visualize the search button?

TX Liteon DG-16D4S Unlocked Replacement PCB - *New Version 1.1*

follow this guide up to step 13 for disassemble

http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67283

and try this guide after assemble

http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67780

pretty easy to find, you may want to put some effort into it instead of waiting for the spoon
pretty sure you could find a video on youtube, do need a video showing you how to search for the video?

Last edited:

Zendoku

Dec 14, 2011
I want a tutorial without the desoldering thats what you sent me. And I want to do exactly what the person is doing so I can feel comfortable. And by cutting do you mean making a opening in the cable then pulling it off. Or do you mean snapping the cable completely?
I wanted a tutorial of cutting it I wanted to know does it have to be snapped completely or leave an opening and twirl it around till it comes out or keep pulling it in and out with opening?

Last edited:

talby71

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2010
Near Melbourne , Australia
seems you need a bit of help...this might be helpful too
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6LFLg5wuLk"]how to cut and strip wires - YouTube[/ame]
honestly if you need this much instruction, maybe get someone else to do it

Last edited:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
I want a tutorial without the desoldering thats what you sent me. And I want to do exactly what the person is doing so I can feel comfortable. And by cutting do you mean making a opening in the cable then pulling it off. Or do you mean snapping the cable completely?
I wanted a tutorial of cutting it I wanted to know does it have to be snapped completely or leave an opening and twirl it around till it comes out or keep pulling it in and out with opening?
Then you should stop and get an adult to do it. Children shouldn't be messing with electronics.

brendanj9554

Jul 21, 2012
I'm 19 so I'm not a child so help me!
dude, give your head a wobble. just cut the wire. then strip the insulation to expose the copper. job done.

if your not a child stop acting lke one.

19 = not a child / not yet a man. :facepalm:

Zendoku

Dec 14, 2011

Can you please edit this photo and mark or whatever I'm supposed to cut? I'm using small scissors is that okay? And I tried Youtube they keep showing me desoldering curse them all!

Last edited:

Zendoku

Dec 14, 2011
pathetic

all the help you need is already posted in this thread

stop acting like an incompetent child

you could go to youtube and type in "tx unlock pcb"

Link To Image
Yes I did use youtube all had soldering maybe you should check for yourself before suggesting wrong information.

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
Yes I did use youtube all had soldering maybe you should check for yourself before suggesting wrong information.
A search would have eventually brought you this image.

Look to the bottom right of the image, that's the "solderless" block.

If you aren't able to grasp what you need to do from here, then stop now and have somebody else do it for you.

It will take you 10 seconds to desolder the wires from your stock PCB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.