Solderless Nand-X Add-on

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
Re: Solderless Nand-X USB 360 Addon?

Yes its a very simple and effective idea. We can easily make this for you. No doubt others will be saying they thought of this first and will take all credit :rolleyes:

Well done on being innovative. I didn't really think that Nand-X would require a no-solder solution as its pretty easy to install anyway, but of course there is always a market - so sure, why not.

We'll make sure this is better and cheaper than anyone else could come up with - give me a couple of weeks to get it ready for you to test :)

I'll make sure you are taken care of with whatever hardware you want for fun times and no doubt a kick-back will come your way for your contribution and efforts - well done again.

BraveH43

VIP Member
Sep 13, 2008
Somewhere in the 'verse
i was initially puzzled how it would keep contact with the points - until i looked closer at the one with it fitted to the board! great idea!
Push fit! - thats a sweet idea!

garry_b

Noob Account
Oct 16, 2009
but just to point out this is just a solderless solution for dumping the nand you will have to solder to jtag.

big_ted

VIP Member
Dec 31, 2003
Midlands UK
like that, good idea.
Don't know if it would be an issues, but some boards have the holes filled with solder others are empty, so the pins would have to be universal for both types.
Ted

LosWilko

Noob Account
Apr 1, 2010
like that, good idea.
Don't know if it would be an issues, but some boards have the holes filled with solder others are empty, so the pins would have to be universal for both types.
Ted
funny you should say that because out of 7 xbox's i have (5 currently bricked) only one has no solder in the holes the others all have solder. would be interesting to see how to get round this as in my case at least no solder seems to be the exception not the norm.

extreme22

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2004
Montreal QC Canada
good old xbox home brew that reminds me of the Xapt3r v1.0

Twinbird

Feb 9, 2010
Canada, ON
If Xecuter releases this solderless tool I will definitely buy it. It will be cheaper and quicker than using the quick solder boards and I can reuse it for multiple Xbox 360s.

For points / holes that aren't filled with solder on the motherboard - I would just fill them with a little bit of solder, it's no problem for me (or maybe conductive glue will work too).

Is there such thing as conductive puddy? Would it be possible to use something like that to squish into the holes so this solderless NAND reader can make good contact?

Drefsab

Noob Account
Oct 27, 2009
Oldham
id definatly buy one, if nothing else I could use it to uncripple banned xbox's that cant be jtaged quickly an easily. Put me down for a pre order.

Support Our Sponsors