Some basics of CK3 Blaster Installation

Goldensavage

VIP Member
Jul 26, 2009
Essex, UK
Hi as said i would try to help so here is a little guide.

here is the guide for the actual Blaster Installation

http://team-xecuter.com/install-blasterck3/

If you have purchased the Blaster CK3, please remember that you will still need a compatible Sata Card (Via 6421 is the most popular).

The USB Drivers are only required when you are dumping the drive key from a Liteon's. They are not needed for anything else.

These are the new CK3 Pro and Blaster CK3 USB Drivers.

http://team-xecuter.com/?dl_id=19

They are to be installed BEFORE you connect the USB cable to the PC. This is very important.

If you don't do that then you may get errors and you will have to uninstall and also remove any backup CK3 driver files from the C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository dir - so just delete them reboot and try again

Jungle Flasher is the program of choice for working with the DVD drive.

Please ensure you read the guide first, especially the section that your drive belongs to as some people just see they have a lite-on and use the probe, only to find out they do not need the probe as the have the 83xx revision.

Here is the 74850C Guide (you need to be registered and logged into the front page blog to view): http://team-xecuter.com/jungle-flasher-tutorial-for-liteon-74850c

Then you will need to have your applications ready for use, i.e Jungleflasher installed, (JF needs minimum of Service Pack2 on XP and requires Net Framework V2, available from M$ for Free)

Within the JungleFlasher folder is a firmware folder, Insert all your firmware bins in this folder as JungleFlasher loads them automatically depending on which drive you have. You can get these firmware files from the usual places. Use google if you are stuck.

Then hook your xbox 360 up to it's power cable, and attach the sata cable from your sata card to the blaster front. When you want to flash the drive, the correct buttons must be selected.

The PC/XB360 Button should be on PC
The Mode Button should be on either MODE ON or MODE OFF. (I flashed both my drives in MODE ON)

And the Power is set to on.

When you turn the xbox 360 on, it should be recognised in JF like you were using a normal CK3. From here on in, all you need to do is follow the Normal JungleFlasher guide.

If you are needing to have the tray half open, remember the tray half open does not look like it normally would because you have extra plastic in the way. Below is a pic of where it should be, when you are trying to obtain the key

****Word to the wise, If you are getting the key from a lite-on 74xx series for the first time, You will not be able to put your 360 back together until you have retrieved the key. This is because the back of the Xbox 360 drives needs to be attainable. Once you have the key, (please obtain it twice just to be sure) via JF then you can put the drive back together. And re-assemble your xbox 360.****

Once you have followed all instructions your machine should flashed like normal. Turn everything off, Set buttons to Off and XB360 and you should be good to go.

Any Queries, please just search an already made thread or start a new one if you can not find an answer. Most answer will actually be available in the normal CK3 section as it is technically the same hardware (CK3 Pro), but in lovely never need to open you machine again format.

What it should look like finished

Last edited:

Ricey155

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2009
Coventry England UK
Looks tidy - and the guide is quality

as you said the LITEON 7 series needs the key extracting prior to fitting, nice and tidy for firmware upgrade

logitek256

Nov 16, 2009
flashing success.... it took me a bit long cos it was my first time in everything....

:)

thanks a lot :)

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
flashing success.... it took me a bit long cos it was my first time in everything....

:)

thanks a lot :)
Excellent ! Thanks for taking the time to post and letting us know

SO many people don't post when everything goes smooth (as that's the case 99% of the time) as they are usually too busy playing with their new toys :)

Constantine411

Noob Account
Dec 18, 2009
I notice you say "The PC/XB360 Button should be on XB360". Shouldn't it be on PC for firmware mode?

-----------------Thanks for pointing that out--------------------changed----------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:

dubizoobi

Noob Account
Jan 18, 2010
Hello..
I don't understand what i do to install ck3 blaster. actually when i install ck3 blaster my computer
had restart again & again...

neofantome

Noob Account
Jan 22, 2010
Hi,

could someone told me if the blaster 360 ck3 is or no compatible with latest lite-on drives ?
did this could worrk with the switch made by team xecuter ?
maybe both the LT switch and the blaster could work fine together ?

i would like to upgrade my 1.61 firmware with the nes LT one but the flashed drive is on read only mode and i can't make it run in vendor mode (i was not the man who flashed if first and they remove the switch and replace the cuts ...)

thanx for your answers

Neofantome

Goldensavage

VIP Member
Jul 26, 2009
Essex, UK
If they have replaced all of the tracks and everything. Then you will either need to get your drive back out and redo the process. Or get the key from the person who did the process.

Most people normally keep the key to the drives they have done, in case there is a problem later on, I do for all mine, By name and date, model, serial number.

If they have the key and you can get, you should have no problem from there

neofantome

Noob Account
Jan 22, 2010
i actualy got the key of my drive :)
but i am not able to flash it anyway ...
i plug it on my sata conector (nforce 7 chipset)
the drive is found in jungle flasher latest version (1.70)
but i can't flash the firmware
is the switch only usefull for reading the key ???

what do i need to flash my drive without opening my x360 again or only once for installing ?

did blaster x360 ck3 + lt switch would do the job ?

sorry if i am a little anoying but i don't want to spend money in those tools and being unable to flash anyway ...

i just wanted to be sure that it will work fine.

and sorry for my poor english ... i am french after all ... :p

Nonov_U_Bizniss

Feb 16, 2010
I'm somewhat confused as to why I need a SATA card installed if my PC has SATA connections on the motherboard?

Can't I make any necessary SATA connections directly to my motherboard?

sd624

Noob Account
Nov 8, 2009
USA
Excellent ! Thanks for taking the time to post and letting us know

SO many people don't post when everything goes smooth (as that's the case 99% of the time) as they are usually too busy playing with their new toys :)

Installed a Blaster about a month or so ago. It couldnt have been eaiser. Just used the tuts with no problems. Dumped the keys 2 times flashed with 1.61 put it together works great. Updating to LT over the weekend took about 5 mins. It's great and very simple to use.

Team Xecuter ROCKS!!!!!

Last edited:

Nonov_U_Bizniss

Feb 16, 2010
It depends if the SATA chipset on your motherboard is compatible. A lot arnt so that's why you need the card
I see. So it should be ok to try using the SATA on my motherboard? I mean it doesn't endanger the flashing process or equipment in any way, correct? And if it doesn't work then I should try the process using the suggested SATA card.

snmjack2

Mar 10, 2010
New York
ok so i have read a number of these tutorials and info and I promise i don't think i am being lazy but i am stuck. i have installed the ck3 gone over it 3 times to make sure i didn't cross any wires or anything everything seems to be fine on that end but when trying to hook up to jungle flasher it does not recognize the drive and in regular mode my drive will no longer respond.. stuck don't know where to go from here....

Last edited:

Babaplop

Noob Account
Mar 20, 2010
I just bought a CK3 Blaster and look forward to installing it. I do not think i have a VIA 6421 SATA controller. I was wondering since i am going to be using a 74850C LiteOn drive cant i just use the USB connector with and by pass using the a VIA 6421 connection all together?

Babaplop

Noob Account
Mar 20, 2010
Why in the Jungle Flasher Tutorial For Liteon 74850C does it say, and i quote:

"If you are using USB to connect to your Blaster Ck3 or CK3 Pro then you need to set your COM port to the correct one on your system. In this case it is COM4. If it’s connected it will display “Xecuter CK3 Pro”. If you are using the serial cable it will probably be COM1."

In that tutorial they use the USB port to flash the drive as u can see from This screen shot. If you look in "Com Port Properties" -> "Name:" = "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port"

I definatly have a 74850C drive. So, im just wondering why do i need to purchase a VIA 6421 if i will never use it.

Last edited: