Some basics of CK3 Blaster Installation

BraveH43

VIP Member
Sep 13, 2008
Somewhere in the 'verse
Yes USB Com port(is fine) - not USB/SATA port!
com port (right hand side of picture) SATA port (left hand side of picture)

What is your onboard chipset? - run cpu-z and tell me what your southbridge chipset is! i'll let you know if its a commonly used one with JF

Babaplop

Noob Account
Mar 20, 2010
Mobo: ASUS P6T Deluxe
Northbridge: Intel X58
Southbridge: Intel 82801JR (ICH10R)
LPCIO: Winbond W83667HG

Does that mean that when i goto Read the key, using the CK3 Probe on my unmodified 74850C drive using the Blaster CK3, that i will need to have both the USB cable and the SATA cable plugged into my computer at the same time?

Last edited:
ok so i have read a number of these tutorials and info and I promise i don't think i am being lazy but i am stuck. i have installed the ck3 gone over it 3 times to make sure i didn't cross any wires or anything everything seems to be fine on that end but when trying to hook up to jungle flasher it does not recognize the drive and in regular mode my drive will no longer respond.. stuck don't know where to go from here....
What sata chipset do you have ?
Does the drive play original games when blaster switched to normal xbox modes?

Nonov_U_Bizniss

Feb 16, 2010
Ok so it's been awhile since I last successfully flashed my Liteon 74850C. Today I wanted to roll back the firrmware from LT to 1.61 so I could enable vendor mode and back up some games.

The problem this time,

and I say this time because I rarely ever get all this stuff to work despite following the tuts to the letter,...

is I've installed the new JungleFlasher 0.1.73(108S) on my Windows 7 64bit pc , connected it via SATA to my VIA card and have put my drive into firmware mode per the blaster ck tutorial. Now when I go to hit DVDKey 32 I get the error:

"***WARNING*** Serial Data is bad"

When I try to Dummy from IXtreme I get:

"ixtreme DVDkey extraction failed!
Power drive with the tray half open"

Trust me I've powered the drive with the tray half open. I've also tried checking "VIA ports Only", no dice!

Now something I noticed that was unclear in the updated jungleflasher manual was that it says you may need to remove "viamraid.sys" for windows 7

HOWEVER

it also says for x64 (abbreviation for all 64bit OS, no?) you may need to remove viamrx64.sys. I have both in the windows/system32/drivers folder. If I do the "remove the via driver instructions" viamraid.sys (leaving viamrx64.sys in place) jungleflasher sees the liteon drive

HOWEVER
In device manager I do not see the yellow exclamation mark the way the tutorial says you should see after having disabling, removing the file, and re-enabling.

FURTHERMORE
When I try just the opposite, removing viamrx64.sys and leaving viamraid.sys jungleflasher DOES NOT see my drive even after having disabling, removing the file, and re-enabling. But I do get the yellow exclamation for the VIA card.

I really have no idea if this is all related to the problem or not because to further complicate things, when I was using the older version of jungleflasher via my Windows XP drive I was getting the same errors despite having my VIA card configured properly.

It's not the SATA cable either. I've tried others that I know for a fact work.

I've also have had problems with Iprep not flashing the drive but I'll post those problems later.

GEEZUS I wish ya'll could come up with an easier way to put a liteon into vendor mode via the CK Blaster instead of having to do all this back and forth!:mad:

UPDATE

So I see that you can't dummy from ixtreme if you've already flashed with LT before. Can some one point me in the way of the easiest way to flash back and forth from LT to 1.61 and then back again? It seemed like Iprep was the easiest way but the tutorial for creating custom fw to install via iprep just isn't working like it used for some reason.

Before anyone asks, yes I did Run Jungle Flasher Win7 x64 With Perm Disabled Driver Signing

Last edited:

BraveH43

VIP Member
Sep 13, 2008
Somewhere in the 'verse
ok - NOT following the JF tut to the letter!

DVDkey32 does NOT work on drives with ix LT !

However if you have the Dummy.bin from last time then not required anyway!

Removal of the VIA drivers as per tut - requires a reboot of pc after carrying out the disable, delte, enable steps!

re-read the tutorial !

Also in x64 there are additional steps to ensure the portio64.sys gets installed and running when you run JF!

nfcowboy

Noob Account
Jul 18, 2010
Hi all, I just bought a blaster ck3 for my Lite-on 74850C a couple weeks ago.I have done all the connections, etc... and I'm ready to get the keys and flash, but I am seeing a couple things that I could use some clarification on:

1) do i need to have USB and SATA connected to dump and flash?
2) should I jump straight to ix lt 1.7? I recall seeing something about just doing 1.1 first then upgrade, but i can't seem to find where i read about that...

I hope someone can help me out, I've been sitting on this for a couple weeks now trying to find clarification on my own. Thanks!

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
Hi all, I just bought a blaster ck3 for my Lite-on 74850C a couple weeks ago.I have done all the connections, etc... and I'm ready to get the keys and flash, but I am seeing a couple things that I could use some clarification on:

1) do i need to have USB and SATA connected to dump and flash?
2) should I jump straight to ix lt 1.7? I recall seeing something about just doing 1.1 first then upgrade, but i can't seem to find where i read about that...

I hope someone can help me out, I've been sitting on this for a couple weeks now trying to find clarification on my own. Thanks!
1) If its a Liteon 74850 Yes - as it tells you clearly in the instructions
2) There is no such thing as ix lt 1.7 - it doesn't exist.

2 Weeks trying to find info ? Come on bro - all you had to do was read the manual, or even use the live IRC channel thats built into Jungle Flasher - 5 minutes tops.

maximass

Aug 16, 2010
Bedfordshire
I brought the blaster and its all setup lights etc on it but my PC doesnt see the card I got from CK3 Nothing showin gin the Computer Management console and nothing when I run the jungle flasher to show my drives.

Havent found a tutorial that helps with this as yet

riyyi

Noob Account
Dec 24, 2010
Ok so this is my story,
I have a Blaster Ck3.
Everything worked (finally) then I arrived at the Lite-On Erase part and it failed...
Even though it did delete the firmware...
Now I stupidly closed my drive and now when I press Lite-On Erase is fails with error 0x80.
Is there any way to fix this???
because I can't open my drive anymore because it did remove the firmware.. :(

*EDIT* ok so I found this tutorial. http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54140
I have just one question, how to turn it off and on again with the CK3 Blaster?

Last edited:

Alexbeav

Jul 7, 2011
I purchased the Blaster CK3 kit today and tried to extract the key from a Lite-On 74850. I have the latest dashboard. I connect the probe to R707 but the green LED does not light up and I get Bad Flash error. What can I do ?

Alexbeav

Jul 7, 2011
Thanks for the quick reply. Do I absolutely have to purchase the X360USB Pro ? Is the Blaster CK3 kit not adequate ?