Sonus issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveH43

VIP Member
Sep 13, 2008
Somewhere in the 'verse
The full job on a non-LE console is eight bits of solder! admittedly 5 of them are quite delicate solder points. However, There is not a great deal you can go wrong with (other than knocking off components with too much heat, or burying one with too much solder - but these should be plainly obvious!)

the key thing to remember is having the correct fw flashed to your JR-P
1. Identify if you have the upgrade PCB on your JR-P

2(A). if you HAVE the upgrade board you need to flash the JR-P with the file called
PICFLASH_E_1_0_4_JRP1_ISD.HEX
found in J-Runner Common folder.

2(B).if you DO NOT HAVE the upgrade board then use
PICFLASH_E_1_0_4_ISD_BIT.HEX

TIP

Now whilst flashing the new fw to the JR-P ensure that you do not get any ...x... "x"'s appear during write or verify! IF you do, try it again! If it persists then swap USB ports and try again!

During use of SonuS360 - if you get SPI Init Failed 0x0 message, reset the JR-P and try again!

Depending what has been done previously you may have to unplug USB and remove the power cord from console to "Reset" things and then try again!

In short its a fairly simple task to complete - and if things aren't going your way -
A. check soldering (99% of the time this is cause of failed attempts)
B. check FW on JR-P is correct

Last edited by a moderator:

InfamousJoe

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Sacramento, CA
This should be stickied! I can not tell you how many people I have seen asking for help and it turned out they just needed to program their board. Good write up, btw.

userbrand1234

Noob Account
Jan 19, 2011
THANK YOU!! :D

My programmer would not initialize and I couldn't figure out why!! Come to find out it was because I was shipped a v1.1 with the speed attachment and was programming it with the .hex for the v1.0 (no speed attachment)

THANK YOU AGAIN!! GREAT WRITE UP!! :D

THANK YOU TX!! ANOTHER GREAT PRODUCT!!

stefanounick

VIP Member
Jun 9, 2010
Orbiting Sun
odd, if you read really closely you may notice where the files are

Sent from my Nexus 7

YS DIGS

Jul 2, 2012
now got the files and still saying device not found.. unplugged it several times still nothing switched ports still nothing..even re downloaded jrunner just to be sure. still nothing .. got a friends console and tried reading nands and it came up with failed

what now..i paid for this when it first came out. so what do i do now?

stefanounick

VIP Member
Jun 9, 2010
Orbiting Sun
now got the files and still saying device not found.. unplugged it several times still nothing switched ports still nothing..even re downloaded jrunner just to be sure. still nothing .. got a friends console and tried reading nands and it came up with failed

what now..i paid for this when it first came out. so what do i do now?
read the first post?

YS DIGS

Jul 2, 2012
this is what i get when i try to flash a coolrunner chip:

Programming Coolrunner
C:\Users\steven\Desktop\J-Runner v02 Beta (284) Core Pack\J-Runner v02 Beta (284) Core Pack\common\xsvf\falcon.xsvf
USB XSVF Player Initialized
Xilinx Device ..... [NOT DETECTED]

stefanounick

VIP Member
Jun 9, 2010
Orbiting Sun
i'd say stop high jacking and open a new thread, but your problem is reading.

YS DIGS

Jul 2, 2012
ok now i get this when programming coolrunner ::

Programming Coolrunner
C:\Users\steven\Desktop\J-Runner v02 Beta (284) Core Pack\J-Runner v02 Beta (284) Core Pack\common\xsvf\jasper.xsvf
USB XSVF Player Initialized
Xilinx XC2C64A-VQ44 ......... [DETECTED]
Erase Succeeded
File: C:\Users\steven\Desktop\J-Runner v02 Beta (284) Core Pack\J-Runner v02 Beta (284) Core Pack\common\xsvf\jasper.xsvf
Sending Out Packets .........
Success
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

but this when i program with sonus:
Sending Flash Init...
SPI Init Failed !
what now

YS DIGS

Jul 2, 2012
went next door to get my friends jr-programmer and it works so it has to be in the board.......thanks for help .....now ive go to find out how to get another one

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
went next door to get my friends jr-programmer and it works so it has to be in the board.......thanks for help .....now ive go to find out how to get another one
Maybe you should stop posting altogether.

Infraction issued (and thread closed to stop others who cannot read).

Status
Not open for further replies.