Split nsp cannot be installed

Insane

Noob Account
Jan 2, 2019
Europe
Hi,
I am trying to write a tool that can split NSP files with the new feature in SX OS 2.5+ (I believe) where the nsps need to be called ns0, ns1 etc.

I tried the XCI splitting method as well as splitNSP with the files appropiately renamed. Everytime I try to install I get the error code 00000666. What is the issue here? Are there guidelines on how to properly split the NSP files? I am using my Bayonetta NSP for that.

Cheers,
Insane

ArcXero18

Noob Account
Feb 11, 2019
Ohio
Hi,
I am trying to write a tool that can split NSP files with the new feature in SX OS 2.5+ (I believe) where the nsps need to be called ns0, ns1 etc.

I tried the XCI splitting method as well as splitNSP with the files appropiately renamed. Everytime I try to install I get the error code 00000666. What is the issue here? Are there guidelines on how to properly split the NSP files? I am using my Bayonetta NSP for that.

Cheers,
Insane
Do you know where I can find a tutorial on splitting NSP files?

tokyo

The Panda
VIP Member
Sep 9, 2018
Bamboo Forest
Do you know where I can find a tutorial on splitting NSP files?
I agree with game_over. I wrote this for someone else in another topic:

I wanted to weigh in on this. There is a easier way of installing larger NSP games on a FAT32 microSD without splitting your NSPs.

What you will need:
  1. Nintendo Switch Dock
  2. Flash drive formated as exFAT
Copy your large NSP games to your exFAT flash drive. Boot up SX OS and Dock your switch. Insert your flash drive on the side of the Dock. Navigate into the “Album App” and install your games onto your microSD card which is formated as FAT32.

I did this the other night with zero issues.

Hope this helps you all.

Support Our Sponsors