Splitting XCI and getting it to work

mjptorrent

Jan 11, 2019
United States
Hi Team Xecuter, thanks for coming up with the SX Pro and OS, So far I like it alot. Definitely worth every penny.

I have a switch on OFW 4.1.0.
I have successfully dumped the 2 cartridge games I own. LEGO Worlds and BOTW.
As my SD card is FAT32, I chose to have SX Dumper split them.
No issues, they work fine.

Another XCI that I acquired is larger than 4GB, so I used XCI-Cutter 2.42 to split it up.

I tried the files on the root of the SD, I tried the files in the xci folder inside the sxos folder, same deal, no dice.
On the Switch home screen, another tile is active, just a spinning circle, no picture or description.
Do you think I have bad source data, or using the wrong splitter app?
Not waiting long enough? Not putting the files where they belong?

Not sure what to try next. Please advise

mjptorrent

Jan 11, 2019
United States
Yes, that is correct.
Let's say hypothetically, someone with TORRENT in their username downloaded an xci via torrent for a game he wants to try before he buys it? It's an XCI and I need to split it to fit on my SD card

splymb

Noob Account
Dec 22, 2018
Used XCI cutter multiple times with no issues. It will split your XCI into 4GB chunks just put those on the root or one of sx os monitored folders.

https://github.com/Destiny1984/XCI-Cutter/releases

Try another XCI file than the one you're trying now. You can also install the XCI from a usb on your FAT32 SD card with the latest SX OS even if XCI on usb hdd is > 4GB

Game_Over

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2010
Yes, that is correct.
Let's say hypothetically, someone with TORRENT in their username downloaded an xci via torrent for a game he wants to try before he buys it? It's an XCI and I need to split it to fit on my SD card
Read the rules and my response will make sense to you. No piracy support will be given here at all!

Reactions: mjptorrent

ArcXero18

Feb 11, 2019
Ohio
Used XCI cutter multiple times with no issues. It will split your XCI into 4GB chunks just put those on the root or one of sx os monitored folders.

https://github.com/Destiny1984/XCI-Cutter/releases

Try another XCI file than the one you're trying now. You can also install the XCI from a usb on your FAT32 SD card with the latest SX OS even if XCI on usb hdd is > 4GB
Will this work with nsp files as well?

tokyo

The Panda
VIP Member
Sep 9, 2018
Bamboo Forest
I would not bother splitting files. Just install them via a flash drive that’s exFAT. I wrote this in another thread. But the concept should be the same.

I wanted to weigh in on this. There is a easier way of installing larger NSP games on a FAT32 microSD without splitting your NSPs.

What you will need:
  1. Nintendo Switch Dock
  2. Flash drive formated as exFAT
Copy your large NSP games to your exFAT flash drive. Boot up SX OS and Dock your switch. Insert your flash drive on the side of the Dock. Navigate into the “Album App” and install your games onto your microSD card which is formated as FAT32.

I did this the other night with zero issues.

Hope this helps you all.

Reactions: rakjer

Mohawk

Noob Account
May 14, 2019
USA
I would not bother splitting files. Just install them via a flash drive that’s exFAT. I wrote this in another thread. But the concept should be the same.

I wanted to weigh in on this. There is a easier way of installing larger NSP games on a FAT32 microSD without splitting your NSPs.

What you will need:

1. Nintendo Switch Dock
Copy your large NSP games to your exFAT flash drive. Boot up SX OS and Dock your switch. Insert your flash drive on the side of the Dock. Navigate into the “Album App” and install your games onto your microSD card which is formated as FAT32.

Hope this helps you all.
Will any USB flash drive that is formatted as exFAT work with this method?

Also, to get around having to use the dock, can I get a USB flash drive, then a female USB to

What you will need:

1. Nintendo Switch Dock

Hope this helps you all.
Will any old USB flash drive formatted to ex fat work via this method?

Support Our Sponsors