LITEON 74850 Spoof to Samsung MS25

Deadly9000

BANNED
Apr 15, 2012
Hey guys, it's my first post here, don't really wanna take a lot of your time so I'm going to keep it quite simple.
My xbox originally had a LiteOn, when I got it for repairs, the guy put a Samsung drive instead and spoofed it as a LiteOn 74850.
What I want to do is spoof back to Samsung ms25, unflash my xbox(so I can upgrade to latest dash so I can play my goddamn final fantasy XIII-2), then flash again with an ms25 without spoofing back to LiteOn since I don't use Xbox Live, when I want to use Live I can simply re-spoof back, right?

Well the problem is that I don't know what to do, originally it WAS a Samsung, so it's considered like I'm un-spoofing, should anything else change from the original way? Or is there a special way if I'm un-spoofing back to original?
And what firmwares should I add? My xbox is ALREADY flashed, but the crappy new update doesn't allow Flashed xbox's so I have to unflash first then flash back after updating.

Can anyone tell me(and giving links would be more appreciated) about which firmwares I should use?
I know only that I have to use Firmware Tool 32, put source/target F/W, Spoof, and then Lite-On Erase, then I'm through the spoof step, right?

Using Win.7 ultimate with ICH10R chipset.
Hope I can get some help :smile:
Thanks for reading!

WNYConsoles

Troll Eating Dogs
Firstly, you cannot use spoofed drives on XBOX live, don't even try.

Secondly, confirm you have the correct DVD key and make sure it's saved.

Thirdly, I do not believe you will be able to update the console via traditional methods without a Lite-On or at the very least a BenQ drive. Updating with the Samsung regardless of being spoofed or not it will likely throw E66 or similar. The best thing to do is to simply get a Lite-On drive, this way you are XBL safe and everything matches.

AMIT

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2011
INDIA
Just use your dumped key at source at JF !
and at Target select you dvd drive's (C)FW(sammy.bin) !
you can Use this as a tutorial !

onedumblonde

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2011
Canadia
Your OP is kind of confusing to read. You say that your Xbox originally had a liteon. Then you saying originally had a Sammy. Which one is it? Long story short, find out what the original drive is and put the extracted key on it.

Sent while driving dangerously using Tapatalk

Deadly9000

BANNED
Apr 15, 2012
Your OP is kind of confusing to read. You say that your Xbox originally had a liteon. Then you saying originally had a Sammy. Which one is it? Long story short, find out what the original drive is and put the extracted key on it.
Originally my Xbox had LiteOn
It stopped working. I gave it to some shop to fix it up. He replaced my LiteOn with a Sammy and spoofed it (in 2009 or so)
Now I heard spoof doesn't work anymore so I want to go back to having an ms25 instead of it being detected as a LiteOn, and I don't care about XBL since I don't use it.

Firstly, you cannot use spoofed drives on XBOX live, don't even try.

Secondly, confirm you have the correct DVD key and make sure it's saved.
Firstly, I know that, that's why I want to spoof back to a Samsung.

Secondly, what DVD key? Sorry but I don't really understand a lot in that thing. If you mean the DVD key after going on JungleFlasher, it's "not found"

Just use your dumped key at source at JF !
and at Target select you dvd drive's (C)FW(sammy.bin) !
you can Use this as a tutorial !
What dumped key? You mean use the orig-74850C-1a000.bin file?

And all of the tutorials I've seen use the CK3 Probe thing, is it possible to do the spoofing without it? I can't pay online since Paypal isn't supported in Lebanon&it'll be a pain in the bum to invent some other way. What I do is put the power to the Xbox and SATA to PC. And power up both PC and Xbox. Is that a problem?

Deadly9000

BANNED
Apr 15, 2012
UPDATE
I found out my DVD Key, for some reason it showed up in JF, and I closed program&tried again & got same key.

From some tutorials on the internet I've found that to get the current firmware is to go to
Intro/Device ID>>Read then save it.
I get Status 0x51 and then it asks me if I want to do the step again and to turn off/on Xbox quickly, I do it but it still won't affect, I keep getting a tray of dots and in the end I get Device Intro failed. Any help with that step?

onedumblonde

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2011
Canadia
First off, you can't go back to having a ms25 as you say. It wont work. Your Xbox thinks the sammy drive in there is actually a liteon because that's what it's spoofed as. You need to find a liteon drive and flash the key that is currently on your Samsung drive to it. Since liteon was the original drive it's your only option.

talby71

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2010
Near Melbourne , Australia
if you spoof drives between those that are affected by ap2.5 (includes liteons) and those that aren't (includes sammy's) you will have problems playing those games...even originals !!! not just back ups

Deadly9000

BANNED
Apr 15, 2012
First off, you can't go back to having a ms25 as you say. It wont work. Your Xbox thinks the sammy drive in there is actually a liteon because that's what it's spoofed as. You need to find a liteon drive and flash the key that is currently on your Samsung drive to it. Since liteon was the original drive it's your only option
I don't know if I wasn't clear enough or if you don't know the point of this thread.
My Xbox thinks my sammy is a liteon cuz it's spoofed as a liteon, you're right on it 100%. But since spoof is not allowed on new dashboards, I'd have to remove the spoof, AKA return back to ms25, so that means I'd have to spoof it as a samsung ms25.
And it doesn't matter what my original drive was, it only matters on XBL, it doesn't affect playing!

if you spoof drives between those that are affected by ap2.5 (includes liteons) and those that aren't (includes sammy's) you will have problems playing those games...even originals !!! not just back ups
My drive is ALREADY spoofed. I want to spoof it back to ms25. I know the risk and what I might be against but it's still worth a try.

All I need is a reply to how to fix Status 0x51 when trying the Intro/Device ID to get my current firmware. Just that. Please stop the comments about how it might not work or anything because there's nothing else I can do with my current drive so I might as well try my luck with spoofing back to an ms25, and if it won't work I'll get another drive. I just wanna give it a try, but I get Status 0x51 error when trying to identify current firmware. I just need solution to that problem.

DUSTYB3N

VIP Member
Jun 17, 2011
Blackpool UK
Buy another Liteon drive as you have been told over and over again. You have been given advise yet you choose to ignore it! :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Keyboard

onedumblonde

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2011
Canadia
I understand what you think makes sence. but the answer is still the same. No spoofy. Your Xbox needs a liteon drive to function properly. Save yourself the time and effort trying to do it your way. Spend the $20 on a liteon drive and flash the key you already have to it.

hilly360

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2011
DURHAM, North East. UK
I don't know if I wasn't clear enough or if you don't know the point of this thread.
My Xbox thinks my sammy is a liteon cuz it's spoofed as a liteon, you're right on it 100%. But since spoof is not allowed on new dashboards, I'd have to remove the spoof, AKA return back to ms25, so that means I'd have to spoof it as a samsung ms25.
And it doesn't matter what my original drive was, it only matters on XBL, it doesn't affect playing!

My drive is ALREADY spoofed. I want to spoof it back to ms25. I know the risk and what I might be against but it's still worth a try.

All I need is a reply to how to fix Status 0x51 when trying the Intro/Device ID to get my current firmware. Just that. Please stop the comments about how it might not work or anything because there's nothing else I can do with my current drive so I might as well try my luck with spoofing back to an ms25, and if it won't work I'll get another drive. I just wanna give it a try, but I get Status 0x51 error when trying to identify current firmware. I just need solution to that problem.
:facepalm:

:facepalm:

if u not gonna take the correct advice no one is gonna help u m8. :rolleyes2: