Sputnik 360 Switch Install Instructions

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
Before you do anything - dump the drive key using SLIMKEY feature in JF. Keep a copy of the dummy.bin safe. (Just follow this tutorial - steps 1 to 8 show you how)

Remove the PCB from the drive (follow steps 1 to 13) and install the switch as shown in the pictures below. I prep the solder points with a fiberglass scratch brush (essential bit of kit for any modders toolbox) and apply a bit of flux. Then cut the trace and solder the switch - very quick and easy.

Switch to 10 ohms to start with (most work with this) and switch to unlock.

Get the latest version of JF and hook up to your X360USB PRO or compatible SATA card. Run intro in latest JF - power cycle - then will ask you to unlock the SPI. Click yes and you are done :)

Now move the switch back to Normal and now do a full read and save the OFW file (you must the full LT Plus pack in your firmware folder before you can complete this step - it authenticates the firmware dump - you definatley need the files LTPlus-0272-v1.9.bin, LTPlus-0272-v1.91.bin and LTPlus-9504.bin) and then you are able to do a full write to the previously locked chip. Once complete hit CTRL + SHIFT + F11 to lock again

Simple.

Goldensavage

VIP Member
Jul 26, 2009
Essex, UK
Uber, you saying if im on 13599 dashboard i have to dumb the key and save it first then install the switch?:)
It doesn't matter what dashboard your on, or what drive you have, you should save the key, several times first......

But as you are basically going to have issues if you mess this simple process up, make sure you have the key, that is all Uber is saying

Goldensavage

VIP Member
Jul 26, 2009
Essex, UK
The probe is good is you are going to be doing a few, but i think you will need to re-solder the trace that you cut.

With the switch that is not a problem as it has a lock mode, as well as the CTRL + SHFT + F11, to re-lock in JF. You are also re-creating the connection when you have soldered the chip on.

The switch to me, seems to be the better of the two. especially for long term, as with all the new firmwares coming out, you will have to keep de-soldering the trace to unlock the drive. (I cannot confirm this, but it just seems natural to me) But with the switch you can unlock at will.

I was thinking the Unlock was just to get the key.. With the old phat liteon I did MRA hack get the key and udated FW via iprep was hoping the slim would be the same..

So use probe to Unlock and key get write FW with jungle and when new FW comes out just use Iprep to update the drive..

Or am i wrong ? lol (hope that makes sense to someone)

diaboliq20

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2011
Scotland
You can read the key no problem - writing can only be accomplished with the hack - if you download jf 1.86 and read the documentation, it will give you an idea of what you need to do

xbox360items

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2010
sheffield,uk
started up with switch on unlock.no drive detected.started up with switch on normal and drive detected.tried on 10 ohms with no joy so switch'd to 15 and got beep and unlock but when i went to read i got an auto-load orig message saying couldn't open the file ltplus -0272-v1.9bin ??? so turned ck3 pro off restarted jf into id and went straight into vendor mode so i am assuming it was still in unlock mode? clicked on read and same error...any ideas

JungleFlasher 0.1.86 Beta (267)

Session Started Thu Aug 18 13:22:48 2011

This is a Wow 64 process running on 2 x 64 bit CPUs

X360USB PRO detected, Version 0.18

Found 1 I/O Ports.

Found 1 Com Ports.

Found 5 windows drives A: C: D: E: F:

Found 2 CD/DVD drives E: F:

Sending Vendor Intro to port 0x0000

Status 0x51

Re-sending Vendor Intro:

Serial flash found with Status 0x72

Sending Device ID request to port 0x0000

Spi Status: 0x00

Manufacturer ID: 0xC2

Device ID: 0x11

Flash Name: MXIC(MX25L2005)

Flash Size: 262144 bytes

Getting Status from port 0x0000

Serial flash found with Status 0x72

Reading Drive Key.

Authorised !

Confirming sector 0x3E000.

this is the point where i get the auto-load orig message

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
started up with switch on unlock.no drive detected.started up with switch on normal and drive detected.tried on 10 ohms with no joy so switch'd to 15 and got beep and unlock but when i went to read i got an auto-load orig message saying couldn't open the file ltplus -0272-v1.9bin ??? so turned ck3 pro off restarted jf into id and went straight into vendor mode so i am assuming it was still in unlock mode? clicked on read and same error...any ideas

this is the point where i get the auto-load orig message
Use your brain....seriously bro.