Sputnik360 Liteon DG-16D4S

gangrel_1313

BANNED
Feb 26, 2012
USA
Drive: Liteon DG-16D4S
FW: 9504

I installed my switch and set it to 10 (from what I read in a tutorial) I dont have a X360USB PRO, but I have a external SATA HD/DVD enclosure, I left the xbox open and used the power for the DVD drive and the SATA of the enclosure, I couldn't get the PC to detect it, wondered if it could be the 10 setting (what about 5, 15 or 20?).

I did put it back together and with the trace cut and switch set to normal I can play games, so apparently the switch is installed right.

This is my first chip install, I have a question about locking and unlocking, is the only time you leave it unlocked is when your flashing? It has to be locked in the xbox?

gangrel_1313

BANNED
Feb 26, 2012
USA
Well I just put in a order on Xconsoles for a X360USB Pro (Jungle Edition), Maybe it will help.. I figured maybe my problem is the External enclosure rig I was trying to use, if the X360USB dont work then I know I have a solder or trace problem.

DayvG

VIP Member
Apr 26, 2007
Gosport, UK
The usbpro will work buddy, can pretty much guarantee that. Slim drives don't play well with onboard sata. Get your self a ck3i or ck3 mini as well to power the drive.

Reactions: gangrel_1313

gangrel_1313

BANNED
Feb 26, 2012
USA
The usbpro will work buddy, can pretty much guarantee that. Slim drives don't play well with onboard sata. Get your self a ck3i or ck3 mini as well to power the drive.
The X360USB Pro doesn't include power?

gangrel_1313

BANNED
Feb 26, 2012
USA
No it doesn't include power. Either CK3 pro, CK3i orCK3mini to power your drive.
Just ordered the CK3i too, adds up quickly... :S

gangrel_1313

BANNED
Feb 26, 2012
USA
Should arrive in the morning, I can't wait to try it!

gangrel_1313

BANNED
Feb 26, 2012
USA
I tried to download xbox 360/firmware/hacked firmware/LiteOn DG-16D4S 209504/Full_iX_and_Stock_fw.rar from Xbins, I got kicked for putting !list twice now I cant download it, I kept having disconnects and couldn't complete download is the reason I did it twice. Can someone get me the file and upload it somewhere for me?

Rome 16:16

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2011
City of Pines, PHL
I tried to download xbox 360/firmware/hacked firmware/LiteOn DG-16D4S 209504/Full_iX_and_Stock_fw.rar from Xbins, I got kicked for putting !list twice now I cant download it, I kept having disconnects and couldn't complete download is the reason I did it twice. Can someone get me the file and upload it somewhere for me?
Aside from xbins.org, there are other places where you can download the firmware pack, just google it.

gangrel_1313

BANNED
Feb 26, 2012
USA
Aside from xbins.org, there are other places where you can download the firmware pack, just google it.
Must have been Filezilla, I tried with windows explorer and had no problems getting it. Thanks anyway

gangrel_1313

BANNED
Feb 26, 2012
USA
Ran into a problem, I have everything hooked up.

Sputni360 set to normal shows:
Vender: PLDS
NAME: DG-16D4S
FW: 0272
Reserved: A0A0
DVD Key: Not Found

When Sputnik is set to unlocked It shows Drive not detected

---------- Post added at 11:03 ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 ----------

Also says Slim-Un-Lock command retured an error, then Unlock failed (when sputnik is set to normal, which I believe is normal)

GhostFace606

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2011
TanonymousX
Ran into a problem, I have everything hooked up.

Sputni360 set to normal shows:
Vender: PLDS
NAME: DG-16D4S
FW: 0272
Reserved: A0A0
DVD Key: Not Found

When Sputnik is set to unlocked It shows Drive not detected

---------- Post added at 11:03 ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 ----------

Also says Slim-Un-Lock command retured an error, then Unlock failed (when sputnik is set to normal, which I believe is normal)
Would you mind posting some high res flicks of your installed Sputnik?Also are you sure that you have a MXIC/03 IC and not a winbond/05 IC?

Last edited:

gangrel_1313

BANNED
Feb 26, 2012
USA

GhostFace606

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2011
TanonymousX
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/638/1000801g.jpg/

That is the best pic I could get, if you notice the hot glue spots, that was to hold the chip in place while I soldered it, it didnt get anywhere near the solder points, so that wasnt an issue.
Ok to me it looks as if you have used a large amount of solder on the right side of the swicth,to check if your your grounded out.Take a volt meter and swicth it to ohms take one lead and put it on each solder joint and place the other anywhere on the board that you do not see a trace or pad if your meter beeps you are grounded out.Which means you will have to clean up and re-do it.
However I do think that your grounded out,because of the amount of solder used.The pic is clear just not a close up.

Also scotch tape works to hold the Sputnik down while you work...for future ref. ;)

gangrel_1313

BANNED
Feb 26, 2012
USA
If it was grounded out, how would the drive function correctly in normal mode? (just a thought)

Also, sorry I missed the question about what version chip MXIC is what it is, has a 03

GhostFace606

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2011
TanonymousX
Check your trace cut,with a volt meter put one probe on the glob of solder to the left and the other on the right side of the trace cut,if it beeps re-work the trace cut.
Like I said before your pic is clear but not close enough to really see,I almost certant that is the problem.

gangrel_1313

BANNED
Feb 26, 2012
USA
All I have is a cheap multimeter, it does not have a beep thing on it, it does have a ohm setting.

I went and took the solder on the right back off and got a thinner one back on it and it still doesn't recognize it, it might be the trace though. I got tired of messing with it so I put it back together, may try again tomorrow.

I find soldering kinda hard, my iron constantly picks the blob back up and sometimes burns it away, wish there was a easier way... What about those trace pens?

---------- Post added at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was at 14:50 ----------

FYI, my camera is a good camera (12mp) but it auto focuses and is hard to get close shots clear, I didnt see a way to stop auto focus

GhostFace606

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2011
TanonymousX
Flux paste plays a major role in soldering:cool2:It is not expensive and can save you alot of trouble..your looking at about few bucks and will last you a good while.