Sputnik360 probe and pcb probe addon tutorial? help?

dking94

Noob Account
Jun 2, 2011
Most tutorials for these items wasnst very descriptive so I'm looking for someone to make me one with pictures of, probing area, soldering area for pcb probe addon, and pictures of jungle flasher the steps to flashing in descriptions under the picture. I have some money on my paypal I can donate I just need 1 because I'm goin to flash some slims today I just need to make sure I'm doing everything correct.i

WNYConsoles

Troll Eating Dogs
The probe doesn't come with any PCB's, but maybe the new ones do come with the Sputnik Probe Switch (not the Sputnik Swich w/ probe built in)???

Anyway, they are cheap, $2 retail, and you don't have to re-solder the trace cut on every flash so it's worth the few bucks for sure!

dking94

Noob Account
Jun 2, 2011
I have the sputnik probe and probe pcb addon not that type that's in that picture or does both of the pcb addons have the same soldering spots? Also at what time in the proccess of soldering do I need to cut the trace

WNYConsoles

Troll Eating Dogs
There is the probe switch which is a small switch and you probe the spot, the switch in my picture is the Sputnik Switch, which basically is the same thing, with the probe built in.

Clean, scratch pen, clean, cut, test cut with multi meter, clean, solder switch with flux, probe/flash.

Clean = rubbing alcohol and qtip.

Reactions: dking94

playingmax

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
The probe doesn't come with any PCB's, but maybe the new ones do come with the Sputnik Probe Switch (not the Sputnik Swich w/ probe built in)???

Anyway, they are cheap, $2 retail, and you don't have to re-solder the trace cut on every flash so it's worth the few bucks for sure!
mines came w/ the unlock switch. on xconsoles the switch is 7.99 + shipping.

doe1200

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2011
northern ireland
you say you are flashing a few slims today,the best thing you can do is read the tuts here and the tut that comes with jungleflasher,then you will need to find out what the ic chip is on the drive mxic can be unlocked sputnik switch are probe,winbond needs the kamikaze hack to unlock,are replace pcb with a tx pcb

doe1200

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2011
northern ireland
there should be no reading if cut is correct , but if you use a fibreglass pen on the place were you cut the trace before you start you will see you have cut the trace cleanly

Last edited:

dking94

Noob Account
Jun 2, 2011
ok thanks but which mode should the multi meter be in when i check it? i have this one one

Im new at this but ill figure out.

---------- Post added at 09:34 ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 ----------

Also can you PM me the steps for flashing slims drives in jungle flasher using probe and probe pcb addon i just need to know when do i probe and put switch on unlock during the proccess?

dking94

Noob Account
Jun 2, 2011
Ok, But i wanna know when and where am i supposed to probe? Details plz! i'm using the PCB probe-Addon switch.

---------- Post added at 11:44 ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 ----------

*While using jungle flasher.

doe1200

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2011
northern ireland
intro your drive power cycle,put addon switch to unlock press the spi button you will get a message saying spi detects as locked,click yes dots wil start now probe the point were i have marked with a red arrow in the pic,jungleflasher should beep and the spi will change from 0x8c locked to 0x00 unlocked.now move switch on addon back to normal,then click read.

Last edited:
Reactions: dking94

dking94

Noob Account
Jun 2, 2011
Thank you doe1200, I couldn't find that info anywhere. What to do next? proceed flashing as usual?