SPUTNIK360 SWITCH & PROBE - Instructions

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
I thought I'd just quickly post this up as I was doing a bunch of LT+ testing tonight and figured you'd like to see how simple it is to use one the SPUTNIK360 addon when you have an X360USB PRO and the latest JungleFlasher.

Before you do anything - dump the drive key using SLIMKEY feature in JF. Keep a copy of the dummy.bin safe.

Remove the PCB from the drive (follow steps 1 to 13) and install the switch as shown in the pictures below. I prep the solder points with a fiberglass scratch brush (essential bit of kit for any modders toolbox) and apply a bit of flux. Then cut the trace and solder the switch - very quick and easy.

Press intro in latest JF - power cycle, press the 0x8C Button. It then will ask you to unlock the SPI. Click yes. as the dots are appearing (ensure set to 10 ohms) move switch to unlock. You should hear some beeps and see spi status of 0x00 - you are done :)

Now move the switch back to Normal and now do a full read and save the OFW file (you must the full LT Plus pack in your firmware folder before you can complete this step - it authenticates the firmware dump) and then you are able to do a full write to the previously locked chip. Once complete, re-intro, hit 0x00 button to lock again.

Simple.

Or you can use the SPUTNIK360 PROBE

This is the PCB addon for the Sputnik Probe

Open the new JF and click on Intro/Device ID

Click Yes then Power Cycle the drive (Power off then on)

SPI detects as locked - simply click yes to unlock

That's it :)

No need to probe mpx01, no need for 3rd party software. Nice and simple.

I will do a more detailed guide shortly showing how to set the status back to locked after you have flashed it and how to set the PCB back to default like it was never touched.

Oh and this may be useful also.......

Last edited by a moderator:

changbom

Mar 31, 2011
Re: SPUTNIK360 + X360USB PRO + JungleFlasher = Easy ;)

lovely. Can't wait to have one :X Thank Team TX for good new

marshamods

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2010
ohio
Forgot to mention my thanks for the great work. Keep it up. Surprised how quickly the product was produced. Though it is not as complex as the x360usb, I bet a hell of a lot if testing was put into the product as every product by tx is.

MOCAMBO

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2009

uber

the sputnik is 1 per drive

or 1 for all?
I'm guessing or hoping 1 for all, or I hope they come out with a hardware which will allow us to use it on multiple drives instead of 1 per.

BGAMods

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2010
UK
bgamods.co.uk

the price of these is cheap so why would you need 1 for all. i imagine just leave it installed like the lt switch, with the amount you guys will be making why not buy 1 for every drive.

GhostFace606

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2011
TanonymousX

Damn sweet!!!

Already made thats what you call dedicated!!! It looks simple like 123

I am damn proud of my team members

DevilGlace

Apr 20, 2011
Italy

Come on buddy what do you really think use the head :rolleyes:
is a problem to make an effort and write?
if it was all my own language I would understand instantly

I do not think that it is difficult to write

BGAMods

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2010
UK
bgamods.co.uk

to me its kinda obvious that its 1 per drive, same as the lt switch was. no doubt some tight ass will try doing multiple drives with 1 and then come on here complaining that it doesnt work after hes already flashed 20+ drives with it.

motoxrider365

Jun 9, 2011
Springfield, VA

What? Those arent quick disconnects?!?!?! :O