SPUTNIK360 SWITCH & PROBE - Instructions

shaky01

BANNED
May 31, 2010
wolverhampton
Re: SPUTNIK360 SWITCH & PROBE + X360USB PRO + New JungleFlasher = Easy ;)

just resoldering it i think there was one of the conections badly soldered i will get back to you in a minute

fix90

Sep 2, 2011

there is 1 complete tutorial for sputnikprobe?

i bought it but i dont see any tutorial, only this mini-guide

shaky01

BANNED
May 31, 2010
wolverhampton

top man sorted it now budy you were corect to ask me that i think it was the switch was not fitted correctly , done it now but slightly different tho when it was in vendor mode i had to click the little sqaure at the bottom i think it had 00x0 in it then it asked me if i want to send the unlock comand

sidearms

Apr 15, 2011

Trying the probe method for my slim 0272 w/ lastest dashboard but, not working. Did the cut and everything. Would not bring up unlock window after pressing INTRO. Got a VIA sata card for connecting to PC. Thanks.

myst77

Nov 24, 2010

Trying the probe method for my slim 0272 w/ lastest dashboard but, not working. Did the cut and everything. Would not bring up unlock window after pressing INTRO. Got a VIA sata card for connecting to PC. Thanks.

same think here!
i have made the trace cut before connect drive to JF
when i press INTRO appears
a message stating that you disconnect the DVD for 1 second, press YES.
i do that and have a lot of dots but nothing happens
please can anybody help?
how to appear the message for SP unlock ?

press yes then flick the power to the drive off then on again

Disk0

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2011
Exeter UK

Many thanks for the excellent tutorial Uber :)

defhead

May 19, 2010
Sydney

have you tried different ohm settings on the probe ?

did you start with 10 ohms ?

is the LED lit up when you connect ?
Thanks heaps man ive spent hours trying to get my SPUTNIK360 working. Read this post and realised you could adjust to 10ohms on the probe itself. Im unlocked now.

mauricio505

Noob Account
Oct 13, 2011
Hello guys, can i use thie unlocked pcb to unlock and put the ixtreme on my drive, and then put the old pcb back to the drive, and use the unlocked pcb to unlock another drives?

Or at the end of the process, the unlocked pcb must stay on the drive?

Thanks!

secgc

BANNED
Hello guys, can i use thie unlocked pcb to unlock and put the ixtreme on my drive, and then put the old pcb back to the drive, and use the unlocked pcb to unlock another drives?

Or at the end of the process, the unlocked pcb must stay on the drive?

Thanks!

JESUS !:facepalm:

the TX replacement pcb must stay in the drive, if you take it out & put the original back in, you have the original back in :crazy:

sarbast

Sep 6, 2011
why people use sputnik360 prob i used 10 ohm resister worked perfect

coleraine

Jan 11, 2004
ireland
I have a slim liteon 0225,I am using a via sata pci card.I keep getting slimkey failed when trying to backup the key before I try flashing.
I have not open the drive to see what chip it has.? which chip needs the Sputnik360 switch,and which needs the unlock pcb.
I bought a CK3 Pro and 3 different probes, can I use one of these probes rather than having to buy the Sputnik360 if my chip suits.I can't find a CK3 PRO and probe guide anywhere for a newbee.just powerdon't know what all the buttons and switchs on the CK3 do.I just use to power cycle and eject.Plus I an old PC power supply to power the CK3 because the PC stalled when I powered from one of molex's.I do find alot of people on here make fun of someone new to this,when they ask a question.
I am sorry for sounding a total noob,I just need to sure its a friends slim,and I never worked on one before.

If everyone made fun of everyone who ever asked a question on how to do something we all would end up not learning very much.

Last edited:

mapleleafs89

Aug 28, 2010
How do you power the probe, do you need a CK3? I use my xbox to power my dvd drive when flashing. Is it possible to use it to power the probe as well (I have a spare xbox 360)?

intromaniac

Noob Account
Nov 7, 2011
A quick starter question. I have the dummy.bin of my slim xbox. I updated it to dash 13604 and now the drive is locked. Do I need both the sputnik switch and sputnik probe to unlock the SPI or is the probe enough?