Stop Mini-Modding or be Banned !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
It has come to my attention that a number of members are taking it open themselves to mini-mod other members. We do not need anyone to mini-mod other members.

Erhm.. why are you saying these strange words......?

Q: Just what is mini-modding ?

Mini modding is a member who is intending to be a moderator/staff member and in fact they aren't, with answer's like this should be locked, wrong place etc.. that is a mini modding post.

Q: What do I do if I think a post is incorrect or wrongly placed or a user has broken forum rules, because I want to help the forum

Simply report the post by hitting the report button
and give the reasons for reporting. A member of staff will then take care of it.

If we see ANY mini-modding or general abusive behavior towards other members you will be given infraction points which can and will lead to a ban from the forums. And when we ban, we don't just lock your account we block your IP from the entire server forever.

We are here to help people, not only to give advice but to educate them on helping themselves.

Thank you.

^ Correct...100% Agreed

deose

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
Thank you Uber.

If I start a thread/question, and have it answered, what would be the appropriate way of going about letting mods know the question has been answered and can be locked? If I put a post that says that, would it be considered an infraction mini-mod, or do what way do you suggest I do this?

J2G

VIP Member
May 13, 2010
90°N
www.esl-communications.com
Thank you Uber.

If I start a thread/question, and have it answered, what would be the appropriate way of going about letting mods know the question has been answered and can be locked? If I put a post that says that, would it be considered an infraction mini-mod, or do what way do you suggest I do this?
There is no need to suggest for a thread to be locked or to be set as answered all the threads are filtered one by one by Moderators on TX and will be fixed to what ever prefix when needed. ;)

Reactions: BessyWart_NB_

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
Thank you Uber.

You can't mini-mod your OWN thread - the rules only apply to others' :)

So if you want a thread closed simply hit the report button and say "Hi I'm the OP, can you please close this thread as my question has been answered"

jfelding

VIP Member
Feb 9, 2010
Denmark
Lol, i've probably done that countless times. Point taken, though :eek:
Btw, can you be 'banned forever' with a dynamic ip? Just wondering.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.