Store/restore profile + game saves with Tinfoil

MomZo

Loyal Member
Jul 7, 2020
Vietnam
Hey guys.

Another noob question I didn't find a clear answer after a search on the forum.

As advised by @Vaddum on another post, I am using Tinfoil to backup my game saves.
But how can I backup my profile which is linked to these game saves?

When I bought my Switch V2, SX Core was already installed, sysNand already backuped and emuNand already created.
As I don't have any use of my OFW, I have created my own profile in CFW (SX OS) on emuNand.

Now, I am thinking of using the method from @excellen234 which consists of updating OFW to 10.1.0, dumping this clean NAND, then creating a new emuNand for CFW activities.

But, I am wondering how can I restore my profile and games saves after creating this new emuNand.

I am also wondering if it is possible to copy/paste the games currently installed in my emuNand to the future emuNand via a backup of the SD card on my computer, and if yes, how to do it (which folders in the SD card shall be used for this transfer)
Or, is it better/cleaner to manually install again all the games on the new emuNand?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

excellen234

Jul 14, 2020
Earth
Hey guys.

Another noob question I didn't find a clear answer after a search on the forum.

As advised by @Vaddum on another post, I am using Tinfoil to backup my game saves.
But how can I backup my profile which is linked to these game saves?

When I bought my Switch V2, SX Core was already installed, sysNand already backuped and emuNand already created.
As I don't have any use of my OFW, I have created my own profile in CFW (SX OS) on emuNand.

Now, I am thinking of using the method from @excellen234 which consists of updating OFW to 10.1.0, dumping this clean NAND, then creating a new emuNand for CFW activities.

But, I am wondering how can I restore my profile and games saves after creating this new emuNand.

I am also wondering if it is possible to copy/paste the games currently installed in my emuNand to the future emuNand via a backup of the SD card on my computer, and if yes, how to do it (which folders in the SD card shall be used for this transfer)
Or, is it better/cleaner to manually install again all the games on the new emuNand?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
You can copy the whole emutendo folder for that. All you game save was there. For profile itself, i use local profile and not linked to any nintendo account. Actually my profile on OFW and CFW were same. Lets say i create ABC Profile on OFW, the same profile was created on emunand and i use that profile until now. So you don't need to backup yoir profile since it use the same profile from OFW.

For game, i prefer using XCI and i don't need to install anything. Just copy paste and ready to go.

MomZo

Loyal Member
Jul 7, 2020
Vietnam
I almost only use NSPs so I am interested in knowing if I have to reinstall every games one by one, or if I can simply copy/paste some folders from Emutendo (not all Emutendo folder shall be kept I suppose as some files are relative to the old emuNand and are not useful for a fresh start) and my installed games will directly work without further installation?

MomZo

Loyal Member
Jul 7, 2020
Vietnam
Just to follow this topic. You don't have to save/restore a profile, but only the game saves linked to one profile at a T time.

After my "clean" update of OFW/CFW, I created a new profile with the same name, then tried to restore my saves with Tinfoil. I could not do it as they seemed to be corrupted ("zip file not readable")

Fortunately, I also backed up all my game saves with JKSV before the update. I restored all of them with JKSV on this new profile and it was easy, quick and efficient.