FIXED Strange Problem with CR3 Lite

mickey_313

Dec 21, 2011
Dear Xecuters,

Having had a Trinity sitting around since last summer, due to an unfortunate update, I finally received both my DGX as well as my QSB for Trinity and CR3 Lite this Christmas.

Having slaved through countless hours, we finally got the cpu key off the DGX and network. Step one complete and all happy.

Next, we flashed the CR3 successfully with the correct software, flashed the console with the latest cpu-infused nand, dash 16202, and installed CR3 with the accompanied cables.

Here comes the problem:

With the stock cables, we are getting infinite glitching attempts... however, when we attempted to cut the cpu-rst wire a bit shorter, we get aprox 30 sec. glitching, no green light on CR3 then red-dot on xbox, however without the fan speeding up or ramping.

If I switch to Phat, it removes the occuring red-dot, but just attempts to glitch infinitely.

I have read that either the cpu-rst or the stby-clk could be the fault. I have found that with the switch set to prg, there is a slight dim red in the led on the CR3, with full light on NOR.

So there could be some voltage feedback somewhere.

However, I also tried recently to boot to Xell, no problem !! So it boots xell fine, just has an issue with glicthing when set to Phat, and runs into problems when set to slim after aprox 30 sec. I assume that it glitches after the 30 sec, but runs into some kind of hardware problem, which in turn gives me red-dot. However, could anyone try to give me pointers as to where the problem may be? So I dont resolder myself into hell ? :)

Feedback much appreciated ... Have checked solder points back and forth, no visible issues found as such.

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
Post images of your install, your JR log and tell us what there secondary error code is when you get the red dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moco

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2004
Australia
Have you tried the cr3 with dips 2,4 and 7 on? Works well for me and great boot times. Thats with a 55cm CPURST wire.

yoohoomat

BANNED
Dec 21, 2012
Murfreesboro, TN
When you get the red dot hold the sync button and press eject 4 times lights should flash 4 lights equal 0 so 4432 would be error code 0032. Don't turn the cool runner on prg while its plugged in it could fry it its meant to go dim because its not suppose to be in prg while its plugged in so keep it in norm so no voltage problem. Check the error code and post the results also make sure your nand dumps were good as in you compared a min of 3 dumps and 2 were the same. Could be a bad image burn for your glitch image so post j runner logs and install pics and be able to help more.

mickey_313

Dec 21, 2011
Hi Xecuters... here is an update on the situation:

I have checked the J-Runner logs, but only have logs for flashing the CR3, which seems to have happened without any issues.

Yesterday I tried every thinkable combination of pins, as directed from a myriad of threads here on the site. Nothing changed. I am on stock wires, with CPU-rst to FT4R2 point. Have moved ground and have tried both the motherboard crystal for timing (unsoldered the orange wire and unshorted LK1) as well as using the CR crystal (with orange soldered and LK1 shorted).

The only thing I have experience is, that with 1&5 pin + 4 on Phat setting, gives me a red dot anywhere between 5-15 sec. Thats the only setting with stock wires that gives me this issue now, having gone back to stock everything. Otherwise, with all other settings, it just keeps on trying to glitch forever.

I believe that, when getting the red dot, the CR is glitching, but encounters some kind of issue that returns the red-dot issue. Also, having tried to find the secondary error code when on red-dot, im getting "1011" which after google'ing it, gives me nothing.

It still gives me Xell when using eject button, so there cant be that bad a hardware issue.

The next possible step will be, having tried all kinds of wires during the setup, having reverted back to stock wires, is to unsolder the QSB, and attach the wires directly to the board, thereby removing all possible issues of cold solder points using the QSB.

Apparently there is a feedback on the orange wire, measuring 1.43 volts, which is also apparent on the stby--clk alternative point. I suppose that this voltage is necessary? the dimmed led on prg is not apparent when the orange wire is unsoldered, thereby indicating that this wire is feeding the CR with enough voltage to dim the red led on prg.

I have had a pro-solder working on the board, so besides the possible issues with the QSB I have every confidence that the soldering on all other points are up to par.

Still stumped on this issue. Cant seem to get it to glitch, only getting a different result (red-dot) when on Phat + 1&5 + 4. Also have the CPU-rst coiled around the clamps.

Any ideas are welcome as to where the issue might be :)

madhaxer

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2012
Arkansas USA
You still have not posted a picture of anything. Even if you think there not needed, it may help.

Also have you wrote your stock nand back and made sure it would still boot? If so create the image from the og nand again, try it, and post the log if it don't work.

Last edited:

mickey_313

Dec 21, 2011
Hi All,

As requested, I here have photos of the CR3 as well as the soldering and the QSB. I hope they give some sense of what kind of installation has been made.

We have not yet attempted to flash back the org. nand, as we would like to remove the QSB before doing so. Therefore, should removing the QSB not succeed in anything, then the next step will be to flash back org. nand and see if it boots. Therefore, the log will be posted as soon as this happens.

However, if it boots to xell, does this not indicate that there is a working nand on the console that the CR3 is communicating with?

mickey_313

Dec 21, 2011
Will attempt to remove the QSB this week, however, have any fellow Xecuters had any ideas or tips, should this approach not work?

mickey_313

Dec 21, 2011
Hi there,

Yes, I am able to boot to Xell, which it does within around 8-10 sec. This does atleast give me hope that at some point, there is something working :)

I have looked through the Jrunner Log, but only have a log about writing the CR3 lite, not the writing of the motherboard unfortunately.

Should removing the QSB not make any difference, I will have to try to write back org. nand to see if it boots alright. If it does boot alright, then I will attempt to write back new nand again. However, hoping that removing QSB will work since wires directly connected to the points could potentially give better connections.

mickey_313

Dec 21, 2011
Hey Martin,

Thanx for the great reply. This in one hand is great news, however, on the other hand gives me reason to worry.

This must mean that the fault lies in the current dumped nand ? However, if Xell works, then the nand must be doing something right? I dont understand the complex working of the modified nands, so I might not understand if the Nand is able to run xell but not glitch.

How would you advise me to continue from here?

Should I rewrite nand, dump org nand or? If it boots to xell.. am i correct in thinking that there is nothing wrong, hardware wise, with the xbox? Meaning it should easily boot org nand if written back onto the xbox?

But thanx for putting my mind to some ease with you reply Martin!

mickey_313

Dec 21, 2011
Hi Martin,

the fuses are:
00: c0ffffffffffffff
01: 0f0f0f0f0f0ff0f0
02: f00f0000000000
03: 31197c4f052c922f
04: 31197c4f052c922f
05: 5f26cff381eefd51
06: 5f26cff381eefd51
07: fffffffff0000000
08: 0000000000000000
09: 0000000000000000
10: 0000000000000000
11: 0000000000000000

Thanx for your help and time Martin, am really looking forward to hear what you can read from the fuses as well as the info from jrunner.

karindaddy

Noob Account
Sep 25, 2003
mickey,

It seems on your Jrunner post, that you have it set for RGH and not RGH2...i would change that. Plus be sure to check the Dashlaunch patch option.

hope this works or helps....

mickey_313

Dec 21, 2011
Hi there.. I have been looking around my computer and found a log file from jrunner that might come in handy or indicate something.

Karindaddy, i will certainly try your suggestion as soon as possible with RGH2 instead of RGH. However, why the dashlaunch patch option? As I understand, that embeds the dashlaunch into the nand, but how would that help in this situation?

But thanks for your feedback and the RGH option will be given a try soon.

I also really look forward to hearing Martins feedback and what can be read from the fusesets.

Thanx to everyone.

Justice1231

VIP Member
May 4, 2011
Adelaide, Australia (down south)
mickey,

It seems on your Jrunner post, that you have it set for RGH and not RGH2...i would change that. Plus be sure to check the Dashlaunch patch option.

hope this works or helps....
Its been posted so many times ive lost count, trinities are classed as RGH in jrunner and not RGH2.

Have a look at this thread pay attention to post number 5

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88230

Argentum

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2011
Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Hi Martin,

the fuses are:
00: c0ffffffffffffff
01: 0f0f0f0f0f0ff0f0
02: f00f0000000000
03: 31197c4f052c922f
04: 31197c4f052c922f
05: 5f26cff381eefd51
06: 5f26cff381eefd51
07: fffffffff0000000
08: 0000000000000000
09: 0000000000000000
10: 0000000000000000
11: 0000000000000000

Thanx for your help and time Martin, am really looking forward to hear what you can read from the fuses as well as the info from jrunner.
What martin wanted wanted to check is the LDV value on the NAND loaded in j-runner and the number of f's in 07 in the fuses which should be the LDV value on the console and they should match.

What I would do if I was in your position is just load the orig NAND in j-runner, enable dashlaunch patches in Xebuild options and build a new image and write that to your NAND and test.

just a question? beforw you make RGH was the console working normally with a functional DVD Drive?

---------- Post added at 02:50 ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 ----------

LK3 should be open ... it's not clear in the image if its open or if that is flux on it

mickey_313

Dec 21, 2011
Hey Martin and Argentum,

Thanx for your reply !!

I will be meeting up with my "solder" guy today, where we will try and do a new dump.

First off, since we are in the proces of dumping, we could try and dump org. nand back and see if it boots alright.

Second, should the above be succesfull, we can rebuild a new nand with dashlaunch patches enabled to test this, using RGH option (and not RGH2).

Before embarking on the RGH journey, yes indeed, the xbox was booting fine with a working dvd-drive.

I will recheck the LK3 and make sure its open.

I will check back tomorrow with, hopefully, good news of an xbox booting org nand, and booting fine with a new nand build :)

Again, Thanx Martin and Argentum for your efforts and time, and for explaining the issue with the fuses.