Swap Toshiba TS-H943 to Liteon DG-16D2S

hyperjase

Noob Account
Apr 16, 2009
Lancs, UK
Right ... this might take some explaining.

Last night I flashed a Liteon drive successfully, but an issue of a single red flashing light (video problem) has occurred. He has given me an older 360 which doesn't have this issue but has a Toshiba TS-H943, however, the drive tray is missing, so it's no good.

The question is, can I "spoof" the firmware somehow, so I can use the Liteon where the Toshiba was ... I think that's the right way, but I'm not totally sure. I looked into it briefly last night. Thought it was just easier asking.

TIA

HJ :)

Yes you can it's very easy too!

You can use jungle flasher or Firmwaretoolbox (both in my downloads)
Firmware toolbox is the easiest way but depends on how your flashing!

If your using JF then use JF to spoof.
If your going to use iprep use FT.

Alternatively i have a ms28 here unwanted. £25 and i'll flash your firmware to it! (if you want it)

Oh if it's a E74 error you do know M$ has extended it's warranty for this error to 3 years also!

Last edited:

hyperjase

Noob Account
Apr 16, 2009
Lancs, UK
Oh if it's a E74 error you do know M$ has extended it's warranty for this error to 3 years also!
Thanks for the info, will give that a bash, I thought it was possible, but not done it yet, got the CK3 pack so will make some use of that.

The guy bought it off ebay 2 weeks ago, £50, it's not really surprising it has the e74 error ... I've rigged it up minus case, just mobo, with the rear fan facing down on top of the gpu heatsink. No problems whatsoever, now going to speak to my engineer friend see if he can knock me up a few thinner heatsinks so I can mount a fan on top, this seems a little more logical that how they've done it.

Thanks for your help.

HJ

cerritos_pr

Mar 30, 2009
Out in the World!
Hey T-Junkie,

I was wondering, in a situation like our buddy has here, where he has a Liteon drive, and wants to put it into an xbox 360 that used to have a Toshiba drive, but no longer has a drive, wouldn't you need the key from the missing toshiba drive to put into the Liteon?

Just wondering because I have a sammy that I flashed, aside from my liteon, and I want to put it into my cousin's old 360, but he's in the same spot... Where his 360 is missing a drive tray too.