LITEON DG-16D4S - SLIM swapping pcbs

jezzasin

Noob Account
Nov 10, 2013
hi guys, new to the forum so if this is in the wrong place please move it lol, i have also tried using the search but doesnt want to work for my for some reason, basically i accidentally spilled water on my xbox which thankfully now works again apart from my dvd drive, its stopped working all together, but still has power going to it due to the lazer on it flashes a few times on start up, now i have been looking online for the past few days to find any info on how to fix it and come up with a lot of stuff about retracting the key from the drive and flashing it to a new one, it seems a lot of hassle as im not much good with that sort of stuff, is it not possible to just buy the same drive from somewhere like ebay and just swap the pcb over to the new working drive to keep the key that way

sorry if i sound like a noob (which i am lol) but this way seems the simplest lol

Taijigamer2

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2013
England
The best thing to do is to crack open the xbox and take apart the DVD drive. U need to find the root cause of the problem before proceeding. If the pcb is ok then a straight swap would be less hassle.

jezzasin

Noob Account
Nov 10, 2013
ive had the drive apart a few times it was opening and closing on its own for a while then i turned off the console for a while and went back to it and nothing, console turns on and signs into dashboard but wont open the drive at all even though it says open lol, the motor does not sound like its moving ot attempting to move so was hoping if i soldered the old pcb into the new drive it would be ok lol