Switch cheats database needs your help

Iliak

Dec 24, 2018
Hello

I made a new website at www.switchcheatsdb.com less than a month ago. The main goal of this website is to centralize all sx os cheats codes.
Unlike a forum where we have to find the good thread and post to have the cheat, here you just have to look for his game and all the cheats are listed.
There are currently ~1100 games, ~120 cheats available and more thant 260 registered users.

Now to go further, I'm looking for some help from you. Here's my whishlist :

- html template: I'm a coder, not a designer, so if someone wants to offer a better design, I'm looking for an new cool original HTML template
- New features: You have an idea, I'm may have the skills to implement it. So suggest new cool features...
- What works, what doesn't work well: Tell me ! I need feedbacks
- I need to regularly check the list of the new games released, missing covers/metadata: any volonteers ?
- You are a SEO guru: I need your help !
- any suggestion(s) ?

You can have a look at http://www.switchcheatsdb.com/todo to have an idea of the futures incoming features.

This project is a hobbyist side project, on my free time with my own funding (server, bandwidth, electricity, time...) and there are no ads to cushion the costs.
You want to support or show your interest to the project, I invite you to make a small donation at http://www.switchcheatsdb.com/donate.
The idea is not to make a profit, but to cover my expenses and motivate future improvements.
You're tired of giving money, I would understand without problems, so talk about the project to your friends, it needs a better google rank.

Thanks !

Iliak

cajunbob

Noob Account
Dec 3, 2018
Why does it require an account to download a text file? I mean, I guess I can just copy/paste, but it seems like the type of site that shouldn't need a login at all. Also, the mobile site is pretty cramped since it displays the full cover art for all the recent games on every single page.

Other than that, it's a great site that I can see myself using regularly.

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Top Poster Of Month
Dec 2, 2010
There is another site that is supported by this community

https://www.max-cheats.com/

They do monthly prizes for cheat submissions. The more sites we have, the more cheats we can get.... it would be great if all of these were put together though.

Iliak

Dec 24, 2018
Why does it require an account to download a text file? I mean, I guess I can just copy/paste, but it seems like the type of site that shouldn't need a login at all. Also, the mobile site is pretty cramped since it displays the full cover art for all the recent games on every single page.

Other than that, it's a great site that I can see myself using regularly.
Hi Cajunbob

You can download the cheat source code as plain text from the site, but I wanted to add value and stand out from other sites by "clicking" on a button to download a ready to play file (beside the fact you have to unzip the archive...). Before continuing further in the adventure, I wanted to know if it really was an idea that could have users (remember, I do it on my spare time). I needed to have indicators to know the rate of use. So, registering is (I think) an indicator and in addition it removes (at least) the scrappers.
If you are anxious to give your email address, do not worry because it is not verified, you can provide anything as long as it looks like an email address ;)

For the responsive design part, I'm a coder, not a designer. Do you know programmer art ? ;)

Iliak
There is another site that is supported by this community

https://www.max-cheats.com/

They do monthly prizes for cheat submissions. The more sites we have, the more cheats we can get.... it would be great if all of these were put together though.
Hi Game_Over,

I know this site and I mention it in my credits page.

They target multiple platforms, while I'm only targeting the switch. My approach to the service to provide is different from theirs. I think that we can actually be complementary while avoiding conflict.

To stand out from them, I think add more functionalities. For example, to be able to generate on demand a personalized cheat code. Small example:

Take New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe as reference game. Let's say we have a cheat code that offers infinite lives only and another cheat code that starts off being invincible. These are two different files and it can be "difficult" to merge the two files. I think I can offer the possibility of merging the two codes into one on demand. The idea is to generate as you want his cheat file by drawing in all codes available for the game. It's an idea like any other among many others ;)

As for the monthly contest, unfortunately I am very far from being able to make one myself :( That said it can be a good idea, but we will have to find sponsors ...

Iliak
I can do very good SEO - Black and white hat.
Hi Hiper17,

I'm very very bad at SEO, what can I do it enhance the web site white SEO ? You can send me a mail from the contact page of the site.

Thanks !

Iliak

Last edited:

Cl0ss

Noob Account
Jan 20, 2019
USA! USA!
Hey, so a quick few ideas I have on the site that may be helpful from both user perspective and code-creation perspective.

General User Ideas:
- Add a "Recently Updated" area with two sections "Updated Codes", and "Updated Games". The updated code one would be for updating a game on the same versionId as the previous upload (or most recent game version). Updated Games would be updates to a gamer version where a new code was released.

- On the games page make the search bar a filter/search that displays names as it searches W3 Example (makes it a bit more user friendly to find games.

- Maybe add an indicator (just some easy to see icon, or even a colored bar on the left side of a game's div) to tell if games have cheats or not.

Code-Creation Ideas:
So this section is a bit trickier to really explain, but I'll do my best.

Make an area where users can upload their HEAP and MAIN dumps, and have them tag what values there and what they are in the initial dump. Then have that dump save, and have a button for "Continue Dump Search" that allows them to upload their dump after changing value(s) and have them tag what value(s) they changed and how in that specific dump. This would basically give people the ability to have access to multiple memory dumps to find codes, and see how the game is storing it in another instance which could help to find pointers.

For advanced features:
Add a way to highlight the changes between dumps to see how each had changed.
Create a mini clientside FTP client to grab the dumps easily <- this could be BIG, you could check the fs for updated dumps and do real-time uploads, and if this were the case then you could essentially make a cheat-editor, granted it would be limited since it is file transfer only and you don't really have a way to send commands back to SX Cheat Engine.

These are just a few thoughts I had. I haven't done web-development/design in a few years so I'm rusty on terminology and I haven't kept up with web standards, so sorry if anything there is a bit incorrect. As for the cheat codes I like to do this type of stuff for a hobby - I wrote one of the first (crappy and not overly functional) windows clients for the sys net-cheat sysmodule when it came out. it was done in C# and there were a lot of features I wanted to add before life got in the way so if you want details let me know and I'll help how I can.

-Cl0ss

Delaz

Noob Account
Jul 16, 2019
France
Hi Iliak, i want to register on your website but we cant have the validation email, when i clik on "resend me a validation email" i have this message : "
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
"
When i click on "sumit" in your contact page i have this message too : "
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
"

So can you help me?