Switch wont boot after installing EmuNand

lounard

Noob Account
Oct 9, 2019
France
Hello,

sorry for my bad english,
i followed this tutorial https://team-xecuter.com/switchid/ and after installing the EmuNand on my SD card and activate my licence, i tried to boot custom FW and my screen turn black...nothing happen.

i generate a licence.dat and copy it in my sdcard.
Someone can help me on this ?

Thank you

Hackerjac

The Minifigure
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Jun 2, 2010
Denmark
You need to come up with more info

What FW is your emunand ?
FAT32 or ExFAT formated SD ?
Can you boot cfw without emunand ?
Is emunand in files or hidden partition ?

lounard

Noob Account
Oct 9, 2019
France
SX OS version: 2.5.3
FW: 9.0.1
SD card formated in exFAT

it seems that i can't turn on my switch anymore. i tried to push the alim bouton 12 seconds and 15 seconds
Correction, i can't turn on my switch without the xecuter dongle but when i charge it and try to boot, now i got SX OS screen and a black screen
Ok i just understand that the AutoCRM is the cause of not booting, i've just formated my SD card in fat32 and i will try the tutorial again.
if i follow what it said on this link : https://team-xecuter.com/community/threads/why-isnt-my-tx-sx-pro-dongle-working.127668/
the dongle is working.

Last edited:

Hackerjac

The Minifigure
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Jun 2, 2010
Denmark
You need SX OS 2.9.2 if running FW 9.0.1

Hackerjac

The Minifigure
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Jun 2, 2010
Denmark
backup your emunand, format your SD as FAT32, put emunand back on the card and try again

Hackerjac

The Minifigure
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Jun 2, 2010
Denmark
it is, but if you use choi to update you have to choose the ExFAT version of the firmware manualy, if using online update iirc you need to have a eXFAT formated SD card in your Switch if you haven't already had the driver installed
So to rule out if the driver is missing, the easiest way is to backup whats on the card, reformat it to FAT32 and put back the content and try booting your Switch

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
You can use SX Server and SX Installer or if you dump your carts with SX Dumper it should split them for you. You can also use XCI Splitter.