SX Core blue LED only and Black screen >< included solder points photo.

ps786

Apr 16, 2020
United States
Brand new NS v2. Performed a full reset after updated to 10.2. SX core installation went through without issue. First time power on the LED would flash blue for 2~3 seconds then off. Nothing show up on the screen. If I press the power button again immediately, LED flash blue again for 0.5 seconds and then off. Here is a photo of my solder points after clean off the thermal paste. Nothing seem off. The white spot on top of SP1 cap is thermal paste residue. Any ideas?

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
Have a look at SP1 - add some more flux and solder to the right side of it again.

ps786

Apr 16, 2020
United States
Have look at SP1 - add some more flux and solder to the right side of it again.
Not sure if NS is out of power so I have it plugged charging right now. Will report back once I reflow SP1. Thanks
Have a look at SP1 - add some more flux and solder to the right side of it again.
This is weird. After charging it for half hour, I try to turn it on again and this time LED turned red / purple after flashing blue. But I decide to retouch the solder points again anyway, now blue light doesn't even turn on anymore. Could this be that my battery was out of power all along? I did charged it to full a week ago and then left it in sleep mode.
Ok after few reinstallations with no success I suspect the modchip itself maybe bad. I desoldered the ribbon and reverted back to stock for now. I will contact seller for an exchange.

Last edited:

TheGlichter

Dec 8, 2011
Europe
I think you broke the cap. Best way to see it is through the microscope. Gently press with a tweezer around the cap area on the core pcb to see it the solder moves. It it moves than solder is bad or cap is damaged.

ps786

Apr 16, 2020
United States
I think you broke the cap. Best way to see it is through the microscope. Gently press with a tweezer around the cap area on the core pcb to see it the solder moves. It it moves than solder is bad or cap is damaged.
Thank you for the input. All four solder points have good contact. Surprisingly my NS is running fine after I desoldered SX core. Now I am suspecting the modchip itself or ribbon maybe defective. The possibility of shorting only the chip but not NS during installation is very small. Since the original seller went offline, I have to order a new one from a different source.