SX Core Problem

Premthegreat

Noob Account
Sep 13, 2020
Scotland
Hey I'm a newbie at this sort of thing, but I bought a SX Core and have installed it, though when I power on the switch I get nothing? The SX Core chip does light up blue? But I get a black screen, I don't see the boot.dat like most guides say I should get?

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
Please post photos of the SX Core chip installation.

You should see a green LED on the chip when it is installed correctly and a sad face with boot.dat on the screen the first time you boot up the console.

While you have the console open, you should also inspect all cable connections.

Premthegreat

Noob Account
Sep 13, 2020
Scotland
Please post photos of the SX Core chip installation.

You should see a green LED on the chip when it is installed correctly and a sad face with boot.dat on the screen the first time you boot up the console.

While you have the console open, you should also inspect all cable connections.
So I've attached some pictures, but yeah I just get a black screen and no light other than this blue one?

NeoWick

Noob Account
Sep 13, 2020
USA
Check your paste and make sure it's non conductive. I can see you have paste all over the chip there and the components. If its conductive you've just shorted all of those out.

edit: It looks like you used a metalic paste like arctic silver. If thats true, you could have blown a fuse now.

Reactions: Premthegreat

Premthegreat

Noob Account
Sep 13, 2020
Scotland
The Solder joints, they weren't connected properly I don't think as I tried it again and it came up red. I removed some solder and managed to have just a tiny bit on connecting it to the capacitor then it worked.

NeoWick

Noob Account
Sep 13, 2020
USA
The Solder joints, they weren't connected properly I don't think as I tried it again and it came up red. I removed some solder and managed to have just a tiny bit on connecting it to the capacitor then it worked.
could have been some paste there somewhere too. I would check to make sure your paste isnt conductive.