SX Dumper 2.0.4R Bug Report/Suggestion

pcwizard7

Sep 26, 2018
Australia
SX Dumper for many versions/a while the UI would glitch on 99% of doing a dump and freeze the app but the dump stills complete fine and you just need to press home and reopen the app. and this happens 9/10 dumps. it's annoying and would love it fix out

Also Suggestion: Dump all sections button especially the DLC section would be nice too

thanks

Reactions: mje6805

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Can you give us more info on your Setup? This has never happened to me.

SX Version?
Switch firmware Version?
Format of SD card?
Version of SX Dumper?
What games have you tested?

pcwizard7

Sep 26, 2018
Australia
Can you give us more info on your Setup? This has never happened to me.

SX Version?
Switch firmware Version?
Format of SD card?
Version of SX Dumper?
What games have you tested?
Switch firmware Version? happen on any firmware 6.0+ atm 9.1.0

Format of SD card? exfat (I only use the sd card to do dumps and i use exfat so it doesn't split)

Version of SX Dumper? I d say its happen at least when u added eshop support

What games have you tested? most of my dumps are from eshop so it maybe in the dumping of eshop items, Game,Updates,DLC)

thanks

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Version of SX Dumper? I d say its happen at least when u added eshop support

What games have you tested? most of my dumps are from eshop so it maybe in the dumping of eshop items, Game,Updates,DLC)

thanks
I don't know what version added that. Can you let me know what version you are using and we can try to test it.

pcwizard7

Sep 26, 2018
Australia
I don't know what version added that. Can you let me know what version you are using and we can try to test it.
the ability to dump nsps was added in version 2.0.0,
ablity to dump updates from e-shop or cartridge in 2.0.1
ability to dump dlc was added into 2.0.2

Right now I m using version 2.0.4 which atm is the latest version

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Ok. So if you go back to 2.0.2 the issue goes away or do you have to go back to 2.0.0 which removes the eshop dump functionality?

pcwizard7

Sep 26, 2018
Australia
Ok. So if you go back to 2.0.2 the issue goes away or do you have to go back to 2.0.0 which removes the eshop dump functionality?
I say its always been there since its been added. the bug seems to be in the UI as the file gets dump fine but UI locks up and u have to go home and re-open to do more

7heM9L59

Noob Account
Sep 8, 2019
Romania
sx dumper 2.0.4r not working for me on fw 9.1.0 and sx os 2.9.3 when launched just goes to black screen and i need to restart the console

7heM9L59

Noob Account
Sep 8, 2019
Romania
make sure your sd files are up to date and make sure the internet is open for the first open
i fix that it was problem with an app in titles folder but now the dumper crashes after few seconds it shows the games and ends up with app closed cause error occurred i guess i have to wait to convert these games into xci until i get home but thx for the response

pcwizard7

Sep 26, 2018
Australia
i fix that it was problem with an app in titles folder but now the dumper crashes after few seconds it shows the games and ends up with app closed cause error occurred i guess i have to wait to convert these games into xci until i get home but thx for the response
don't press anything and let the app open for bit then try moving in it

7heM9L59

Noob Account
Sep 8, 2019
Romania
don't press anything and let the app open for bit then try moving in it
i did that now stays open for more time snd i can move in it but again crashes with 2168-0001 error i read it might be corrupted game so i'm checking all my games now found 2 corrupted by now i have more then 50 games installed have to reinstall the corrupted but for now just delete and check the dumper again

pcwizard7

Sep 26, 2018
Australia
i did that now stays open for more time snd i can move in it but again crashes with 2168-0001 error i read it might be corrupted game so i'm checking all my games now found 2 corrupted by now i have more then 50 games installed have to reinstall the corrupted but for now just delete and check the dumper again
I have had the sxos album menu crash when there was a corrupted xci file so the same thing is happen here u just need to remove it. try playing it if u not sure. i use fat32 for my main sd card and exfat for my dumping card

7heM9L59

Noob Account
Sep 8, 2019
Romania
I have had the sxos album menu crash when there was a corrupted xci file so the same thing is happen here u just need to remove it. try playing it if u not sure. i use fat32 for my main sd card and exfat for my dumping card
turns out i have almost 20 games that wont start end up app closed cause error occurred and few that are corrupted i deleted them all but still get the same error i even tried my other sd card and i get the same error and i dont have any games that are corrupted or wont start there i think i will end up start from scratch formating the card and make a new setup install everything again and check why so many games wont start and crash then i will see for the dumper

pcwizard7

Sep 26, 2018
Australia
turns out i have almost 20 games that wont start end up app closed cause error occurred and few that are corrupted i deleted them all but still get the same error i even tried my other sd card and i get the same error and i dont have any games that are corrupted or wont start there i think i will end up start from scratch formating the card and make a new setup install everything again and check why so many games wont start and crash then i will see for the dumper
the app won't open in atmos just fyi and make sure u have your patches installed too