SX Gear Installation + SX OS License

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nehalani

Noob Account
Jan 9, 2019
France
Hello,
As I have not yet received a reply from the contact service, contacted a few days ago, I would like to come and explain my problem here.
Coming from another country, I apologize for my English.

I would like help to install SX OS, because after trying everything I still can't do it. My switch version is 6.2, and I bought the sx gear.
I downloaded the boot.dat file from SX_gear_v.0 and the playload.bin from SX LOADER 1.0, I put them on my SD card but during the power and volume + operation nothing happens, the screen remains black. Even if I hold it for more than 30 seconds
I tried with the boot.dat of SXOS_beta_v2.5.2 but same result.

By searching the net, I finally found a boot.dat file and a playload.bin file that would seem to work, the startup manipulation works, the SX OS main screen starts, I select boot custom firmware. it tells me that a license-request.dat file has been created on my SD card, and that I can validate my license directly from the switch.
But when I go to the album app, my license is invalid and asks me to write a new one.
If I go through the site and upload my license-request.dat file, I get a message that I use an SX Lite version and therefore enter my license code.

Thank you for telling me how to really make SX Gear work and how to activate the SX OS.

tokyo

The Panda
VIP Member
Sep 9, 2018
Bamboo Forest

Nehalani

Noob Account
Jan 9, 2019
France
Thank you, I had already followed this solution, without success. If I place the file boot.dat 2.5, the sx os menu starts, but once I go to album, nothing happens and I return to the switch menu automaticaly. Even if I place the playload.bin of sx os.

And if I use the boot.dat of sx gear v1.0, the screen remains black when using power and volume +

I have no sx pro, only sx gear, and don't have any license for sx os too

tokyo

The Panda
VIP Member
Sep 9, 2018
Bamboo Forest
@Nehalani I have created a guide for the SX Gear which gives better details than the post I pointed you to.

Link: [Guide] How to use the SX Gear

From what I am understanding from your post is, with the SX OS 2.5 boot.dat file you placed on your microSD card, you were able to boot into the SX Menu which looks like this:

txos.png
When you were at this screen, did you select Boot Custom FW?

If so, the switch booted up and then you were on the switch home screen where you clicked the Album App and thats when it returns you to the home screen?

As for why nothing happens when you placed the SX Gear boot.dat file on your microSD is because you still need to place a third-party CFW file on the microSD card to accompany the boot.dat file. Instructions are in the Guide I included above.

Sorry for making you repeat yourself, i'm just trying to get a better understanding here so either myself or someone else here can lend a hand.

Nehalani

Noob Account
Jan 9, 2019
France
Thank again for your help, i downloaded the 2.5.2 boot.dat, follow your post, and only put this file in my sd card, it's seem work, select the boot custom FW, and now when I go to the album app, SX OS V2.5.2 launch but.. it tell me "License not found". I have no sx os license so it's normal.
I select "retrieve license online" and i have a note in red "License code invalid!"

Where can i find or bough a license ? Because on the os menu in my switch i have no option for that. And on the xecuter site when i upload my license-request.dat this is what i got

Screenshot_20190112-094852_Samsung Internet.jpg

tokyo

The Panda
VIP Member
Sep 9, 2018
Bamboo Forest
From your previous posts it sounds like you never purchased an SX OS license. If that’s the case, what you are trying to do by activating a license you don’t have will not work. You can use SX OS for free but you won’t be able to use all the features. If you would like to buy a license, please navigate to the following link and select from one of the authorized retailers to purchase one.

https://team-xecuter.com/where-to-buy/

tokyo

The Panda
VIP Member
Sep 9, 2018
Bamboo Forest
You’re welcome. Glad everything worked out. Have fun!

Smaylinko

Noob Account
Jan 26, 2019
Slovakia
Hello,
As I have not yet received a reply from the contact service, contacted a few days ago, I would like to come and explain my problem here.
Coming from another country, I apologize for my English.

I would like help to install SX OS, because after trying everything I still can't do it. My switch version is 6.2, and I bought the sx gear.
I downloaded the boot.dat file from SX_gear_v.0 and the playload.bin from SX LOADER 1.0, I put them on my SD card but during the power and volume + operation nothing happens, the screen remains black. Even if I hold it for more than 30 seconds
I tried with the boot.dat of SXOS_beta_v2.5.2 but same result.

By searching the net, I finally found a boot.dat file and a playload.bin file that would seem to work, the startup manipulation works, the SX OS main screen starts, I select boot custom firmware. it tells me that a license-request.dat file has been created on my SD card, and that I can validate my license directly from the switch.
But when I go to the album app, my license is invalid and asks me to write a new one.
If I go through the site and upload my license-request.dat file, I get a message that I use an SX Lite version and therefore enter my license code.

Thank you for telling me how to really make SX Gear work and how to activate the SX OS.

Hello, I also have Nintendo Switch Firmware 6.2.0 and I have a black screen, please what I downloaded and where? well thank you

tokyo

The Panda
VIP Member
Sep 9, 2018
Bamboo Forest
Hello, I also have Nintendo Switch Firmware 6.2.0 and I have a black screen, please what I downloaded and where? well thank you
More information is needed. Are you trying to use the gear, is your switch hackable?

It would be better if you started your own support thread instead of jumping on this one. You will be supported much faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Our Sponsors