SX Installer FAQ

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
I will try to keep a collection of common questions in this thread.
This may be updated at any time.

MY XCI files are not showing up / taking a long time to load. Why?

It is recommended to have [titleid] within the file name for the games to show up in the XCI menu.
Proper file name for example would be:
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom[01006F7001D10000].xci
If the xci file does not contain the title id, the process of finding the correct titleid will take more time, and could potentially fail thus not displaying the file.

Once I have installed and deleted a file, why is it still showing in the menu?

The file most likely was deleted properly, but the list hasn't been refreshed. Exiting and restarting the app will correct this.

NCA Verification failed during nsp install.

If the nsp fails the nca checks, then it’s modified and could potentially be malicious software.
It's not safe to install unless you know it’s good.
You can just enable the option "Install Unsigned Code" at the time of install to stifle this error and force the install anyway.

What is the code to allow the installation of unsigned code?

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, +

Why do I have duplicate entries in File Browser?

Changes were made since version 1.0 of SX Installer.
Anyone who has updated from that version may have duplicate entries listed.
Simply delete the entries you don't want (Press Y Button). Or you can delete locations.conf and relaunch the app to get a clean default list.

Can I install a game on a lower firmware than the minimum required firmware version?

YES! Even if your firmware is too low for launching the game, SX Installer will still install the game for you.

-

Reactions: Zam89 and imprezgc8

chapoca

Noob Account
Feb 14, 2019
brazil
Hi, about this question: Can I install a game on a lower firmware than the minimum required firmware version?

The sx installer, install automatic lower firmware?

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
I believe SX Installer will install the games onto a lower firmware, but you won't be able to launch them unless you update to the required version .... as far as I know. I keep my switch up-to-date with the latest SX OS compatible firmware, so I can't test that.

aofneto1

Noob Account
Feb 27, 2019
Brazil
I believe SX Installer will install the games onto a lower firmware, but you won't be able to launch them unless you update to the required version .... as far as I know. I keep my switch up-to-date with the latest SX OS compatible firmware, so I can't test that.
Unfortunately, you're right. I'm on FW6.1 and I can't play updated Evoland, Sky Force Anyversary or Super Smash Bros (I've re-downloaded it, just in case of corruption but still. It installs but I can't play it.) Sometimes, it also happens (From image)

My solution was to patch the updates and allow unsigned code :/

Attachments

pompanu

May 14, 2019
Canada
hi i copied files from my game cart to the switch. my legend of zelda breath of the wild game is version 0 and now im trying to update the game to v 1.6. im trying to use the nsp game file on nut USB but it keeps saying could not get title ID from file name. first off the name starts at exefs.nsp so i rename it to The Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild(01007EF00011E000)(Multi)(v0).nsp still wont work. so then i try to remove the multi for (us) sill wont work and with caps i tried. then i removed the (us) to The Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild(01007EF00011E000)(v0).nsp and still wont work. what name do i need to call it?is that the only way of updating to v 1.6?

edit: nevermind look like i put ( instead of [ lol

Last edited:

kewil

Noob Account
Nov 9, 2018
Try : The Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild [01007EF00011E000](v0).nsp
(-> with title ID between brackets)

lahma0

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2018
how can i use gdrive protocol??
Exactly what I'm wondering. The changelog for 3.00 says it now supports authenticated gdrive folders but nowhere that I've found provides info on how to use them. I suspect it will require adding the folder URL in locations.conf and then providing a client_secrets.json and token.json, but I'm not sure how we are supposed to magically know the precise means of doing this when no instructions are provided. Can someone provide this or point us to somewhere that will?

lahma0

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2018
Well, I finally worked out how to use the "Authenticated Google Drive" support mentioned in the latest update. I actually kind of made a whole project out of it.. For anyone that is interested, I posted all of the documentation/instructions on my GitHub as well as a utility to make it easy to generate the required credentials files. I also made a post on GBATemp: