SX Installer is not seeing all my XCI files under the XCI tab

So as the title says SX Installer is not seeing all my XCI files under the XCI tab.

Setup:

Nintendo Switch Launch Hardware / Firmware 6.2
SX Pro (Dongle/Jig) / SX OS v2.5.2
EmuNAND on Micro SD Hidden Partition (Completely Offline)
SD card EX Fat
SX Installer 1.2

Whenever I go into SX Installer and bring up the XCI tab it's only seeing about 10 of the 30 XCI files I have there. I'm using custom XCI's (updates already installed/patched). I've verified them with XCI Explorer. When I go to the file explorer tab all the XCI files show up. Under the Main browser (when you first open Album) everything I have shows up just fine there and are 100% playable. I already know i can't launch files from the XCI tab since I'm not on 5.x.x. What am I doing wrong? I've searched and searched here and other forums and can't seem to find anyone that's having the same issues I am. Any help would be much appreciated. If I left any info out or more info is needed please let me know and I'll post it. Thanks!

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Top Poster Of Month
Dec 2, 2010
Do you see them in the file browser within sx installer?

It is recommended to have [titleid] within the file name for the games to show up in the XCI menu.

There are checks in place to try to get the title IDs from the xci, but if they are crap custom xci's then this will not work properly.

Also NOT including [titleid] in the name will slow down scan times.

Proper file name for example would be:
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom[01006F7001D10000].xci

Last edited:

It is recommended to have [titleid] within the file name for the games to show up in the XCI menu.

There are checks in place to try to get the title IDs from the xci, but if they are crap custom xci's then this will not work properly.

I don't have [titleid] in the name of any of the XCIs. When I load them into XCI explorer I see the correct Title ID for all the games. I'll try adding the [titleid] as part of the filename to see if they show up.

Edit: I do see them all in the file explorer tab.

johnjohn2

Noob Account
Dec 16, 2018
I have the same bug since 1.0. Not corrected in 1.1 and 1.2. I can see all my XCI in file explorer (or SX OS) but only a part of them in XCI tab.

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Top Poster Of Month
Dec 2, 2010
I have the same bug since 1.0. Not corrected in 1.1 and 1.2. I can see all my XCI in file explorer (or SX OS) but only a part of them in XCI tab.
Did you see my advice on file names? Are they custom XCIs?

johnjohn2

Noob Account
Dec 16, 2018
Did you see my advice on file names? Are they custom XCIs?
Yes, thank you very much. I will try it. And Yes, I have some custom XCI, but none of them is a problem with SX OS.

Edit : Yes it's OK with [titleid] in the name of any of the XCIs.

Last edited:

Since adding the [titleid] in the filename they show up under the XCI tab. Without the [titleid] in the filename it only picks up a few of the XCI files I have. These are all custom XCI files. I can't find/tell what's different about them though.

Edit: Any suggestions on what I can check with or within the custom XCI files to see why some show up and some don't?

Last edited:

Support Our Sponsors