sx installer problems

Lestat

Noob Account
Jul 26, 2018
Hi

i am trying to use an external hard drive and sx installer
i have set up all the correct folders ie root:/nsp - root:/dlc - root:/update root:/sxos/xci

the problem i am having is some nsp files fail to install as soon as i click the install button the fail message will come up
if i move the same file to the root of my hard drive and just use the sxos built in installer and not the sx installer add on program the game will in stall with out a problem

unfortunately if i put all my games and updates on the root of my hard drive every time i open sxos menu it takes and age as its scanning every thing on the root of the had drive

in short why will the built in sxos install the games ok when the sx installer ad-don fails to install the same file
and is there any thing i can do about it

i am trying this with sx installer 1.52
and sxos 2.71 beta

thanks

Last edited:

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Have you tried putting the nsp, updates and dlc folders in the sxos folder?

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
put the folders in the sxos folder.

nataliabf

Noob Account
Nov 20, 2018
Hi

i am trying to use an external hard drive and sx installer
i have set up all the correct folders ie root:/nsp - root:/dlc - root:/update root:/sxos/xci

the problem i am having is some nsp files fail to install as soon as i click the install button the fail message will come up
if i move the same file to the root of my hard drive and just use the sxos built in installer and not the sx installer add on program the game will in stall with out a problem

unfortunately if i put all my games and updates on the root of my hard drive every time i open sxos menu it takes and age as its scanning every thing on the root of the had drive

in short why will the built in sxos install the games ok when the sx installer ad-don fails to install the same file
and is there any thing i can do about it

i am trying this with sx installer 1.52
and sxos 2.71 beta

thanks
I don't know if it's the same for you, but here the installation always instantly fails only on the first game i try after opening sx installer, so my workaround is to click a random game first and then the rest installs without problems, if I forget and get a failure on the intended game, I just delete it from queue and try again and it works.

Support Our Sponsors