Status
Not open for further replies.

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
Your friends at Team-Xecuter are back again with another major update for the always improving SX Installer V1.1
SX_APP_11.jpg

As it becomes a more and more powerful tool, you will find now not only lots of stability improvements, but also key new features like touch screen support and the never seen before ability for the user to be able to drag the list of games.

We will let you discover the rest, please find below the change log for v1.1:
  • Fixed "delete after install"
  • Fixed file browser copy progress bar.
  • File browser delete now works for SD, FTP, and USB HDD.
  • File browser rename now works for SD and FTP.
  • File browser can now write to SD, FTP, and USB HDD, so files can be copied to FTP and USB HDD now.
  • Single click back up all game saves!
  • Added Touch Screen support everywhere!
  • Added ability to preload meta images.
  • Images are now stored in image database files, as some fat32 users ran into SD card issues with the sheer number of image files before. /switch/sx/cache/ and /switch/sx/icons/ can now be deleted.
  • Added support for backing up and restoring game saves.
  • There is an option to specify the game save backup directory, which supports SD, FTP, and USB HDD. So you can backup and restore your save games from across the network or from your hard drive.
  • Improved stability for network installs.
  • Improved translations for ZH, NL, and RU.
  • Added confirmation dialog for deleting files.
More to come soon on all fronts, and as usual do not hesitate to email us for bug reports and suggestions, or to utilize our TX Community for support from fellow users like yourself. Our motivation is your satisfaction.

—< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

Last edited:

MorningBlunt

Noob Account
Sep 8, 2018
London
Thanks for that. Also, is there a way to move installed XCI/NSP's from/to SD/NAND?

I want to have most used games installed, especially XCI's, but don't want to go back and delete ones already installed and redo them.

vertigo

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2018
Thanks for that. Also, is there a way to move installed XCI/NSP's from/to SD/NAND?

I want to have most used games installed, especially XCI's, but don't want to go back and delete ones already installed and redo them.
Use the file browser in SX Installer to copy the XCI/NSP to/from the SD card. Though there is no reason to copy the NSP to the SD... just install it from the USB HDD.

Zam89

Jan 3, 2019
Germany
Maybe a bug?: if I backup my Zelda save games, only the option file will be saved not the complete save files as checkpoint does.

imprezgc8

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Liking the new features. Playing around with them now.

Bug Report:
----------------

I noticed is that the touch functions when adding a new location to the file browser doesn't seem to work. When the keyboard comes up to actually enter data that works. I mean the screen where it asks the protocol, port, etc. At least not for me. I will report back if that changes.

SX 2.5.1
Installer 1.1
FW 6.2

Last edited:

lvving

Noob Account
Jul 5, 2018
I really like the sx installer and the new features. A save manager is something I've always wanted (yes, I know about checkpoint) and having it integrated into sx installer is perfect. One thing I noticed, is when listing the games installed, and then launching the save manager, if I choose "L", I don't know if it is doing anything. There is no acknowledgement. XL seems to work fine. The only other suggestion I have is changing the the restore from A to a lesser used button. The reason I suggest that, is it is very easy to accidentally hit A and restore/overwrite saves, thus wiping out existing saves. Just a thought.

vertigo

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2018
I really like the sx installer and the new features. A save manager is something I've always wanted (yes, I know about checkpoint) and having it integrated into sx installer is perfect. One thing I noticed, is when listing the games installed, and then launching the save manager, if I choose "L", I don't know if it is doing anything. There is no acknowledgement. XL seems to work fine. The only other suggestion I have is changing the the restore from A to a lesser used button. The reason I suggest that, is it is very easy to accidentally hit A and restore/overwrite saves, thus wiping out existing saves. Just a thought.
It is impossible to accidentally overwrite and lose a save, because whenever you try to restore a game, SX Installer automatically takes a backup of your current save.

ILLPLEASA

Noob Account
Jan 27, 2005
Bug Report:
-----------------

If you attempt to delete a Folder within SX Installer it will ask to confirm the deletion.

If you click yes, the system will crash with Error Code: 2168-0001

This happens with both empty folders as well as folders with files inside. I only tested deleting files from the SD and not from other sources.

SX OS v2.5.1
SX Installer v1.1
Bug Report:
-----------------

Attempting to install an .NSP file that is bigger than the amount of space available on the NAND or Memory Card will cause the following looping error:

"Error. Failed to write to placeholder"

I say 'looping' as if your volume is up you can hear a loud never ending audio cycling noise. You see the options to click "OK" or "Cancel" below the error message, however none of the two buttons work.

Your only option is to press the "Home" button to force-ably quit the app (not recommended) or to hold the power button to shutdown the console.

Environment:
SX OS v2.5.1
SX Installer v1.1
.NSP file (30gb size)
NAND Free Space: 21gb
SD Card Free Space: 22gb

Last edited:

xxkastiellxx

Noob Account
Nov 20, 2018
Bug Report:
-----------------

When trying to copy a folder from hdd to sd the application says to be impossible and when I try to get a folder or some file nothing happens or it locks the system having to restart it. I can not say anything about saves because I did not test.

EmuNand 6.2 SX OS v2.5.1
SX Installer v1.1

ILLPLEASA

Noob Account
Jan 27, 2005
** Apologies for the formatting of my previous post as it was originally two back to back posts that were auto merged **

Bug Report:
-----------------

Sorting within the 'XCI' tab seems to be dependent on an optional DB file which needs to be placed in the 'switch/sx/db' folder in order to work as expected.

I can confirm that without the DB file, sorting by Name/Size is not working correctly within the 'XCI' tab.

Region/Released sorting are dependent on the DB file as well and does not populate said columns without it (intended behavior for these two specifically I assume)...

Type/Version sorting cannot be tested on my end as all my XCI files are same in this regard.

'Installed' and 'Homebrew' tabs cannot be tested on my end either as I do not have enough of those file types installed on my system. If someone could test these tabs for me it would be appreciated!

Environment:
SX OS v2.5.1 (EmuNAND 6.2 on SD Hidden Partition)
Day 1 Switch Hardware - SysNAND 6.2
SX Installer v1.1 (running from SD)

Last edited:

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Top Poster Of Month
Dec 2, 2010
Bug Report:
-----------------

If you attempt to delete a Folder within SX Installer it will ask to confirm the deletion.

If you click yes, the system will crash with Error Code: 2168-0001

This happens with both empty folders as well as folders with files inside. I only tested deleting files from the SD and not from other sources.

SX OS v2.5.1
SX Installer v1.1
Bug Report:
-----------------

Attempting to install an .NSP file that is bigger than the amount of space available on the NAND or Memory Card will cause the following looping error:

"Error. Failed to write to placeholder"

I say 'looping' as if your volume is up you can hear a loud never ending audio cycling noise. You see the options to click "OK" or "Cancel" below the error message, however none of the two buttons work.

Your only option is to press the "Home" button to force-ably quit the app (not recommended) or to hold the power button to shutdown the console.

Environment:
SX OS v2.5.1
SX Installer v1.1
.NSP file (30gb size)
NAND Free Space: 21gb
SD Card Free Space: 22gb
Folder deletion isn't technically supported, but this error could be better handled. I have forwarded these bug reports on to the dev. Thank you.

Bug Report:
-----------------

When trying to copy a folder from hdd to sd the application says to be impossible and when I try to get a folder or some file nothing happens or it locks the system having to restart it. I can not say anything about saves because I did not test.

EmuNand 6.2 SX OS v2.5.1
SX Installer v1.1

I'm not sure if folder copying was supposed to be supported or not, this has also been forwarded to the dev. Thanks.

lvving

Noob Account
Jul 5, 2018
It is impossible to accidentally overwrite and lose a save, because whenever you try to restore a game, SX Installer automatically takes a backup of your current save.
I'm a little confused then. Are you saying it makes a copy of the existing save file if there is one and then makes a new backup? I'm looking on my sd card in the switch\sx\saves folders, and I don't see anything that looks like a copy/backup of an already existing file.
Double post was auto-merged.

I'm a little confused then. Are you saying it makes a copy of the existing save file if there is one and then makes a new backup? I'm looking on my sd card in the switch\sx\saves folders, and I don't see anything that looks like a copy/backup of an already existing file.
Sorry. I think I figured it out. I do see multiple backups for each game. One thing I did notice is hitting the L button doesn't always seem to do something. I don't know if it doesn't make a backup if the existing backup data and the most recent backup are the same? Otherwise the L button doesn't always seem to do anything, or at least there is no visual acknowledgement that it did something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Our Sponsors