SX Installer V1.1 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiagalho

Aug 5, 2011
Portugal
Most of my NSP icons aren't being loaded. I get the out of memory error, and when I delete the icons file and startup homebrew menu using the hijack method, I don't get that out of memory error but icons are still not loading.

Zam89

Jan 3, 2019
Germany
What is the filename of the file that it is not copying?
This is what SX Installer is saved for Zelda:
1546679319664.png

And this is what checkpoint saved for Zelda:
1546679383051.png

And the real save games are in the Folders 0-5 named as:
1546679458363.png
I do not check this for other games at the Moment.

spacecowboy07

Noob Account
Nov 19, 2018
Why can't I see XCI files when browsing an HTTP server? Only NSPs.

Also, saves backup to HTTP with a working server doesn't seem to work, on SD it does.

Also, changed settings are not persisted, do I have to edit the config file manually? Is there a configuration on at least the syntax needed to add HTTP to locations.conf?

andoryuu3

VIP Member
Dec 19, 2015
I didn’t see anything mentioned in the news post, so I assume we’re still waiting on .xci launching from SX Installer for 6.x firmwares? The first release of SX Installer’s news post mentioned this feature was only supported on firmware 5.x or below, with 6.x support on the way.

EDIT: for those unaware, SX OS has always supported .xci launching. It’s just the SX Installer homebrew app that doesn’t support it (yet).

I’m particularly curious because I have a brand new SX Pro on standby for use with one of two exploitable Switch consoles I own. One of these consoles is on 5.2.0 if I remember correctly, so I’m leaning towards activating my SX Pro’s SX OS license on that one. That one also has never been online, so unless 6.2.0 has some killer feature missing from earlier firmwares, I’m pretty sure that’s the one I’ll activate it on. ?

Last edited:

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
Sorry, none of my browsers enter the site https://sx.xecuter.com/, and the thing is repeated for weeks, gives me the error "Connection failed"
It seems the website is blocked in some regions. You can use Tor browser or a VPN to get around it for now until we find another solution.

I didn’t see anything mentioned in the news post, so I assume we’re still waiting on .xci launching for 6.x firmwares? The first release’s news post mentioned this feature was only supported on firmware 5.x or below, with 6.x support on the way.

I’m particularly curious because I have a brand new SX Pro on standby for use with one of two exploitable Switch consoles I own. One of these consoles is on 5.2.0 if I remember correctly, so I’m leaning towards activating my SX Pro’s SX OS license on that one. That one also has never been online, so unless 6.2.0 has some killer feature missing from earlier firmwares, I’m pretty sure that’s the one I’ll activate it on. ?
XCI launching has worked just fine from all releases SX OS. This was only mentioned for the homebrew app SX Installer.

Reactions: andoryuu3

SephiroT

Nov 20, 2018
Poland
Sorry but I still od not see Polish translation.
I have sent pl xml file to Team Executer on 20th of December.

johnjohn2

Noob Account
Dec 16, 2018
Same bug as 1.0 for me. I delete "Switch/sx" folder on the sd card before copy new 1.1.

SD (exfat) --> 5 .xci files (all in the same directory /sxos/xci)
SX OS .xci Loader --> 5 xci (I can mount and use all of them without problem)
SX Installer xci menu --> only 2 .xci
SX Installer file browser menu --> 5 xci (I can mount and use all of them without problem)

Excuse my english

SephiroT

Nov 20, 2018
Poland
Images Preload: - Manually set to "YES"
Cashing happens.
If I restart app: Switch crashes (keep "power off" for 12 seconds).
If I reboot Switch > Images Preload is set back to "NO"
Does it work as it supposed to?

andoryuu3

VIP Member
Dec 19, 2015
XCI launching has worked just fine from all releases SX OS. This was only mentioned for the homebrew app SX Installer.
Ah, that's what I meant, but I guess I could have been more clear. I'll go back and edit my post as to prevent further confusion! (EDIT: Seems like there’s a much smaller grace period for editing messages, so I guess I’ll have to leave it as is) (EDIT2: Seems like the grace period for editing messages got extended. Thanks admin team! Fixed my previous post)

Sounds like we're still waiting on just SX Installer to support .xci launching on 6.x firmwares, so I'll just proceed with activating my SX Pro on my 5.2.0 Switch solely for SX Installer (I like having as many options as possible lol)... Once I finish putting my switch back together anyway :p

Last edited:

ILLPLEASA

Jan 27, 2005
Same bug as 1.0 for me. I delete "Switch/sx" folder on the sd card before copy new 1.1.

SX Installer file browser menu --> 5 xci (I can mount and use all of them without problem)

Excuse my english
Hey @johnjohn2

This may be a very specific issue tied to the .XCI files themselves.

Are these the only .XCI files that you have?

Have you attempted to dump new versions of the .XCIs that are not appearing in SX Installer and see if they show up?

That would be the first troubleshooting step I would go for in your position. I personally have never had any issues with .XCI files not showing up in SX Installer since the original 1.0.

These particular .XCIs may be usable within SX OS itself, but that does not necessarily mean your dumps are 100% in good condition.

How can I install XCIs with the Installer App?
I can't see an install option :unsure:
@18Phoenix This functionality was not mentioned in the release notes for SX Installer v1.1 so it is not supported as of yet.

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Sorry, none of my browsers enter the site https://sx.xecuter.com/, and the thing is repeated for weeks, gives me the error "Connection failed"
Site works fine for me and I don't think there are any reported issues. some people need to use a vpn to access the site. Try that.

Somechump

Noob Account
Jan 6, 2019
My house

Excuse my english
I have the same issue. Not all my .xci are showing from usbhdd. I have 20 .xci's but only 12 show up.
But I will say that all my .xci's have been converted from .nsp and combined with dlc and updates.
The ones are are displaying are a mix of titles, some with updates and dlc combined in and some without.
All games work fine from normal switch menu.

johnjohn2

Noob Account
Dec 16, 2018
Hey @johnjohn2

This may be a very specific issue tied to the .XCI files themselves.

Are these the only .XCI files that you have?

Have you attempted to dump new versions of the .XCIs that are not appearing in SX Installer and see if they show up?

That would be the first troubleshooting step I would go for in your position. I personally have never had any issues with .XCI files not showing up in SX Installer since the original 1.0.

These particular .XCIs may be usable within SX OS itself, but that does not necessarily mean your dumps are 100% in good condition.
I have the same issue. Not all my .xci are showing from usbhdd. I have 20 .xci's but only 12 show up.
But I will say that all my .xci's have been converted from .nsp and combined with dlc and updates.
The ones are are displaying are a mix of titles, some with updates and dlc combined in and some without.
All games work fine from normal switch menu.
ILLPLEASA, Somechump, thank you for your help.

I use cartridge dump with SX Dumper + nsp update include in xci file with "NSC Builder".
I can see and play all of them with SXOS without any problem.

It seems to be a bug. I think, if sx installer does not find the game in database (or not recognize it), it does not display it.

ErAzOr

Noob Account
Jan 6, 2019
Germany
Network Timeout parameter in settings not respected.
I set that option to 120sec. But I still get an error after 10seconds.

I'm using HTTP Remote.

This problem already exists in v1.0

Reactions: vertigo

spacecowboy07

Noob Account
Nov 19, 2018
How do I have an HTTP server entry persist across app relaunch? Edit locations.conf? Can somebody post an example for the syntax?

Heretic667

Noob Account
Dec 30, 2018
Images Preload: - Manually set to "YES"
Cashing happens.
If I restart app: Switch crashes (keep "power off" for 12 seconds).
If I reboot Switch > Images Preload is set back to "NO"
Does it work as it supposed to?
+1 Happens to me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.