SX Installer v2.0.0 Now Available

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
TX is back with a major update to your favorite SX Installer app!
And with the release of v2.0.0 that means a lot of very nice new features.

SXInstaller200.jpg

It has been a while since our SX Installer has been updated, but today we are ready to release v2.0.0 which brings with it a number of nice improvements as you can see in the changelog below, and one of the amazing new features is that you can now upgrade and downgrade your Switch firmware with ease and safety, as simple as installing a NSP game! :)

• Added XCI installation
  • Added on-the-fly standard crypto install
  • Standard crypto conversion hard drops minimum firmware requirement
  • Added socket.json for fine tuning socket settings
  • Added system firmware version check before installing
  • Added google drive directory and file support
  • Plugging in USB cable without SX Server no longer hangs SX Installer
  • Added ability to reset minimum version nag in the application record.
  • Fixed an out of memory crash.
  • Added stability for 8.1.0 firmware.
  • Improved Korean Translations.
  • Added firmware installation.
  • Added dropbox support. url syntax: dropbox:/token:[email protected]/
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes..
  • Enabled compression on database files.
  • Added hosts for custom host entries.
  • Fixed game launching.
  • Improved stability.
  • Added ability to install save game at time of install.
    (unzips titleid.zip in the NSP to the games save)
  • Added ability to install save games from zip files.
    (title id must be in brackets i.e. "doom fix [010018900DD00000].zip)"
  • Fixed error installing certain titles over USB.
That's all for today. Stay tuned!

To find our latest SX Installer, please visit our SX Portal page and for recent Switch firmwares check out this handy listing of firmware packs, and finally we love to thank you for being part of our TX Commmunity!

—< Team-Xecuter – Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: morgul and yoh4n

madasahat

Jul 4, 2010
ingerland
how do i link my gdrive plz

also in the switch/sx/ you need to add a folder cache so it loads correctly

Last edited:

garyopa

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Mar 25, 2005
Tropical Island
www.O-P-A.biz
Ok, not present in the main 'news posting' is how you can easy enable the 'firmware install' features, by default its turned off, but here is how as 'advanced user' you can direct enable it if you so wish:
  1. Start up your SX Installer v2.0.0 app
  2. Scroll down to 'file browser' on left-hand menu.
  3. Press A to enter.
  4. Press X to add 'NEW' location.
  5. Select HTTPS under Protocol (A, then stick down few times, then A again)
  6. On same screen under HOST enter 'repo.xecuter.rocks' (A, enter text, OK)
  7. Finally press 'X' to SAVE your new location.
  8. Once save, quit your SX Installer app.
  9. Restart your SX Installer app
That's it! :) You should now see 'system updates' if your Switch is running on older firmware than current released Nintendo firmware, from this new menu item you can go and upgrade your firmware.

If you wish to downgrade, scroll down to 'file browser', open the new location you added 'repo.xecuter.rocks' and from there you can copy an older install firmware package to your sdcard or open it direct (not recommended as its slower).

See the attached screenshots for more info.

FW1.jpg

FW2.jpg

FW3.jpg

Reactions: Billy Hill

SeaDawgSwitch

Noob Account
Feb 19, 2019
Canada
What if your fuses are already burned it doesn’t say anything about how it deals with fuse count?!?

If you downgrade to far would it even boot?

garyopa

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Mar 25, 2005
Tropical Island
www.O-P-A.biz
how do i link my gdrive plz

also in the switch/sx/ you need to add a folder cache so it loads correctly
Thanks for pointing that out, the zip been updated to auto-make an 'empty cache' folder if not there.

I found the 'homebrew store' listing was empty until i made the folder, after that when i rebooted it worked fine.

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Top Poster Of Month
Dec 2, 2010
Caution:

It is your responsibility to make a full dump of your nand and keys before changing firmware versions.

Make sure you are using the latest version of sx os boot.dat before upgrading your switch firmware. Failure to do so may cause your switch to not boot properly. (Currently SX OS 2.8 Beta)

Downgrading firmware is always done at your own risk!

In the event your firmware is downgraded lower than what your switch efuses expect, AutoRCM will be automatically enabled on your switch when possible. In this event, you will be required to send a payload over the usb-c port to boot your switch. (Such as using the Pro dongle)

Downgrading lower than 5.1 is not officially supported.

garyopa

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Mar 25, 2005
Tropical Island
www.O-P-A.biz
Some people have been reporting 'tinfoil' login errors.

90% of the time this is caused because your date/time on your Switch is not correct, and the proper https SSL handshake can not be completed.

You would get the same problem if your Windows 10 PC had an out of date clock and you tried to browse the web securely via https.

Set the clock on your Switch to the correct current date/time for your region, and restart your Switch and these errors should disappear.

Dukeofjelly

Nov 17, 2018
USA
So I'm not sure what I've done wrong and maybe its a simple fix but when I load into the 2.0 Installer from SXOS 2.8 (OFW 8.1.0) it initializes for a second before going to the Switch error code screen with Error Code : 2168-0002. I have not come across any other comments having this issue.

Reactions: Sharkztero805

Beltalowda

Noob Account
Jul 17, 2019
Europe
Many thanks for the update. Two simple questions:
- How can I add additional Homebrew-stores?
- Is there a way to launch SX Installer from the HomeMenu (e.g. by overriding the eShop like Tinfoil does or with a nsp forwarder like Goldleaf)?

cherup

Noob Account
Sep 23, 2018
So I'm not sure what I've done wrong and maybe its a simple fix but when I load into the 2.0 Installer from SXOS 2.8 (OFW 8.1.0) it initializes for a second before going to the Switch error code screen with Error Code : 2168-0002. I have not come across any other comments having this issue.
same problem for me. SX Installer crashes directly with error 2168-0002. Reinstalled 1.52 which works.

badpix11

Jul 13, 2018
Some people have been reporting 'tinfoil' login errors.

90% of the time this is caused because your date/time on your Switch is not correct, and the proper https SSL handshake can not be completed.

You would get the same problem if your Windows 10 PC had an out of date clock and you tried to browse the web securely via https.

Set the clock on your Switch to the correct current date/time for your region, and restart your Switch and these errors should disappear.
How about the other 10% when the switch stays offline/airplane mode? Why can we not just disable the login?

p3el05

Noob Account
Aug 10, 2019
space
same problem for me. SX Installer crashes directly with error 2168-0002. Reinstalled 1.52 which works.
Exact same issue here with SX Installer 2 crash error 2168-0002 with SXOS 2.8 (OFW 8.1.0) - reverted to 1.52 and no issues

Billy Hill

Mar 9, 2019
Germany
Exact same issue here with SX Installer 2 crash error 2168-0002 with SXOS 2.8 (OFW 8.1.0) - reverted to 1.52 and no issues
Had the same error at the first try. I think it crashed because i forgot to reset to the standard theme. After i uninstalled the Theme it updated without any problems.

manyone

Noob Account
Jul 25, 2018
also tried to delete the complete folder but doesnt work.
can see (very short) scanning directories/directory before it crashes
after reboot i delete the cache and db folder again and i can start but now i got the tinfoil login failed. And it retries and retries and retries.
Any wway to stop that ?
I am not online so it could not work to connect to anywhere. ever.

Last edited:

JaySea

Jun 26, 2018
Firmware update is a mess. It takes a long time to actualy install and after it is done, it keeps giving the error "failed to delete NCA" like 20 times.
After that it takes 15 minutes of the same screen to ask to reboot. After reboot it says you cannot play the game without a system update. Then I update in the home menu and it seems to have updated.
Though since I wasn't sure I went back to SX installer to see that the update is still there. Installing looks the same, but at the end now I get a lot of errors about not being able to write to register with a long string. This error shows about 20 times aswell with each time a different string. After a while it reboots again.
The same messag appears that I have to update in order to play the inserted game.

Edit: Fixed by updating with Choidujour, The update still shows in the installer though

Last edited: