SX Installer v2.0.0 Now Available

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Top Poster Of Month
Dec 2, 2010
For anyone getting errors

Please post screen shots, or detailed information from your error message.

It also helps to know the following:

if your sd card is FAT32 or exFAT?

What firmware version you were on, and what firmware version you are upgrading/downgrading to?

Please include a brief history of your console's firmware changes.... as-in how you have changed firmware in the past (choidujournx, or officially from Nintendo)

Also, please keep in mind, the nintendo switch is notorious for causing filesystem problems on the micro sd card. If you experience problems, it is always best to reformat your sd card and try again as that is usually the first suggestion given when asking for help here.

Cris2809

Noob Account
Sep 1, 2018
Switch 8.01 sx 2.8beta without Emunand.
Install SXInstaller 2.0.0
Update the Switch FW 8.01from your Site https://repo.xecuter.rocks/fwpacks/
After installing comes a lot of errors.
i go back to SX, after i go back to sx Menü, black screen with Error Messege ????
Restart Switch, SX Screen OK,
Now my Switch stay at the "Nintendo Switch" screen
I wait 10 min and nothing is going

I break my Switch or what can i Do

Thanks for your help

Shakuchan

Noob Account
May 2, 2019
uk
getting error: 2168-0002
firmware 8.1
exfat 256Go,
sx os to 2.8 Beta,
sx installer 2.0
I had the same issue as this but i fixed it by factory reseting switch and formating the micro-sd and start fresh after that it worked perfectly fine im also using sx os beta 2.8 exfat and firmware 8.1

Dukeofjelly

Nov 17, 2018
USA
I had the same issue as this but i fixed it by factory reseting switch and formating the micro-sd and start fresh after that it worked perfectly fine im also using sx os beta 2.8 exfat and firmware 8.1
Why? What about this is forcing me to redo everything. By the way formatting and setting up the entire micro again when you have 500 gb can be a bit of undertaking and almost surely going to cost me a day or two so it's hardly acceptable even if that is ones only means of fixing this. Did running Installer 2.0 corrupt my card because everything was working prior to booting it up.

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Top Poster Of Month
Dec 2, 2010
If your sd card is formatted to exFAT you are asking for problems anyway.

Use FAT32 if you are running into corruption issues.

edit: To clarify, exFAT is just fine for loading .xci files. If you plan to use homebrew applications (such as sx installer) you really should be using FAT32. The exFAT driver is buggy from Nintendo. This is not the fault of TX developers. The driver corrupts data when read/writes are interrupted. This will occur if you press the Home button while in a homebrew app. If you do that ONE TIME even.... you are screwed. There are other ways to trigger the corruption too, exFAT is just plain unstable when dealing with homebrew.

Shakuchan

Noob Account
May 2, 2019
uk
Why? What about this is forcing me to redo everything. By the way formatting and setting up the entire micro again when you have 500 gb can be a bit of undertaking and almost surely going to cost me a day or two so it's hardly acceptable even if that is ones only means of fixing this. Did running Installer 2.0 corrupt my card because everything was working prior to booting it up.
Yeah it sucks but seems like the only way it fixed it for me at least. i just went by what the dev said in first post about it.

* Also, please keep in mind, the nintendo switch is notorious for causing filesystem problems on the micro sd card. If you experience problems, it is always best to reformat your sd card and try again as that is usually the first suggestion given when asking for help here. *

Which i did this and bam everything worked as normal. it loaded fine. unless someone knows of another way. but i just replied with what worked for me.

Reactions: Game_Over

Dukeofjelly

Nov 17, 2018
USA
Yeah it sucks but seems like the only way it fixed it for me at least. i just went by what the dev said in first post about it.

* Also, please keep in mind, the nintendo switch is notorious for causing filesystem problems on the micro sd card. If you experience problems, it is always best to reformat your sd card and try again as that is usually the first suggestion given when asking for help here. *

Which i did this and bam everything worked as normal. it loaded fine. unless someone knows of another way. but i just replied with what worked for me.
Okay it's just a hard pill to swallow, it's not the first and certainly won't be the last but is there anything that can be done to avoid this in the future? What exactly is causing it to happen? Random event? To many files being populated in a folder?

Is it more of a Ninty problem with just not playing nice with micros or is it also the act of running foreign code with Nintys micro problem?

I only care because this is such a common thing to happen and when it happens I'm stuck for the weekend fixing it it seems.

Last edited:

LionKing

Noob Account
Aug 11, 2019
canada
Had same issue with error, what I did was deleted everything in installer folder and re copy ..after that it should work one time. After you got it to work, change to different theme. Now it seems to work.

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Top Poster Of Month
Dec 2, 2010
If you are upgrading from 8.0.1 to 8.1.0 (for example) you may see a "Failed to Register" error message when it's finished, but after a reboot you will see the upgrade was completed successfully. This has been tested and confirmed as a bug. It all works correctly, but that unnecessary error will be stifled in future update.
It is believed that error may be caused when some files are the same between versions.
Okay it's just a hard pill to swallow, it's not the first and certainly won't be the last but is there anything that can be done to avoid this in the future? What exactly is causing it to happen? Random event? To many files being populated in a folder?

Is it more of a Ninty problem with just not playing nice with micros or is it also the act of running foreign code with Nintys micro problem?

I only care because this is such a common thing to happen and when it happens I'm stuck for the weekend fixing it it seems.
The issue is a buggy exFAT driver from nintendo. When read/write streams are interrupted and not properly closed corruption occurs on the micro sd card. When the switch is used "as intended" this is not something a typical user would encounter, but when homebrew is involved that sd card is read and written to a lot more thus increasing the chances of corruption. FAT32 is much better as far as corruption is concerned, so it is recommended users just stick to FAT32 for now unless a better solution is developed in the future.

Reactions: Dukeofjelly

Wittgenstein

Noob Account
Nov 29, 2018
Coming from from 6.2.0 to 8.1.0

I got that error after the upgrade appeared to have finished. And by appeared I mean the progress bar was full, but it still said "installing" up to the point of reboot.
After I had cleared the message selecting "OK"; it hung for a few seconds before rebooting.
After rebooting it appears to have been successful; settings say it's 8.1.0

I believe this is the tinfoil error others had mentioned, but I never installed tinfoil so I'm confused.
Can anybody help clear up my confusion? plz && ty

It did flash to the license screen on me while I was trying to browse the file system (while within installer 2.0); said my license was not found and then the screen flashed and it rebooted. After rebooting the license pane says "License Valid" and it hasn't done it since; haven't done much testing since this occurrence but no continual crashes or anything.

Last edited:

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Top Poster Of Month
Dec 2, 2010
Coming from from 6.2.0 to 8.1.0

I got that error after the upgrade appeared to have finished. And by appeared I mean the progress bar was full, but it still said "installing" up to the point of reboot.
After I had cleared the message selecting "OK"; it hung for a few seconds before rebooting.
After rebooting it appears to have been successful; settings say it's 8.1.0

I believe this is the tinfoil error others had mentioned, but I never installed tinfoil so I'm confused.
Can anybody help clear up my confusion? plz && ty

It did flash to the license screen on me while I was trying to browse the file system (while within installer 2.0); said my license was not found and then the screen flashed and it rebooted. After rebooting the license pane says "License Valid" and it hasn't done it sense; haven't done much testing since this occurrence but no continual crashes or anything.
Assuming your sd card is exFAT....

Wittgenstein

Noob Account
Nov 29, 2018
yes ;.(

Sorry if i'm just full of noob questions today; but should I just back everything up, format to Fat32 and move everything back to prevent exFAT issues.
Or do you think I'll need to redo the EMUNand as well due to the error?

Last edited:

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Top Poster Of Month
Dec 2, 2010
yes ;.(

Sorry if i'm just full of noob questions today; but should I just back everything up, format to Fat32 and move everything back to prevent exFAT issues.
Or do you think I'll need to redo the EMUNand as well due to the error?
Any files you have over 4gb in size will need split to work on FAT32. I mean, it's up to you what you do, but exFAT has proven to be quite problematic. It may be worth while to convert over to FAT32 when you have the time.

p3el05

Noob Account
Aug 10, 2019
space
delete the cache dir and it will boot
now I am extra confused, one post sad that cache directory was needed and now we are asked to delete the cache directory.. which is correct please admin?

Fat32 SD card
SX OS 2.8 Beta
8.1 CFW Hidden SD Partition EMUNAND
4.1 OFW

SX 2.0 installer Error Code : 2168-0002 when launching
SX Installer 1.52 works fine

thanks

NEOGEOKAI

Noob Account
Apr 15, 2019
Colombia
How can I add my google driver?
["https://drive.google.com/uc?id=137WUIGG44vSuqqfZpinhPNPB4cyNDK6y","usb:/","usbfs:/","sdmc:/","system:/","user:/","safe:/"]

Last edited:

puppydogpals

Noob Account
Nov 22, 2018
I have emunand 8.1.0
SX 2.8
SX installer 2.00

No errors. However my homebrew store is empty and not showing any homebrew. Before i updated it was populated and the list either said outdated or uptodate or not installed.

Now nada