SX Lite, any dreamcast emulators?

Mooninite

Noob Account
Sep 10, 2020
Maine
Hello noob here,

I'm just wondering if there is any sort of dreamcast emulator available through sx os, I'm running a hard-modded switch lite.

I've read you could boot into hekate, then into lakka and launch reicast that way however I was also told this will not work on the lite.

Is it impossible at the moment? Is there anyone working towards this?

Thank you!

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
It seems that Reicast is currently in it's Alpha stage for the Switch which means many functions won't be working right now or may not even exist.

At present, it doesn't look like there is a fully functioning SEGA Dreamcast emulator available for the Switch, but you should check for news regularly as new emulators are always bring worked on by the homebrew scene devs.

There are however many retro emulators available for the Switch if you download and run RetroArch (I won't post links for obvious reasons).

Last edited:

Minino

Sep 18, 2020
España
It seems that Reicast is currently in it's Alpha stage for the Switch which means many functions won't be working right now or may not even exist.

At present, it doesn't look like there is a fully functioning SEGA Dreamcast emulator available for the Switch, but you should check for news regularly as new emulators are always bring worked on by the homebrew scene devs.

There are however many retro emulators available for the Switch if you download and run RetroArch (I won't post links for obvious reasons).
Retroarch with flycast not work to sxos 😞

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
Retroarch with flycast not work to sxos 😞
I don't believe this is an issue with SX OS.

Many emulators for the Switch are still in their BETA stage, so you can expect to run in to compatibility issues and problems.

If you want to know more, speak to the developer(s) or check related forums for answers.

Minino

Sep 18, 2020
España
I don't believe this is an issue with SX OS.

Many emulators for the Switch are still in their BETA stage, so you can expect to run in to compatibility issues and problems.

If you want to know more, speak to the developer(s) or check related forums for answers.
every time I ask in any retroarch or flycast forum about whether they will correct the bug to make it work on sxos, they ban me ... it looks like they don't want you ... you are their enemies ... I don't understand this because it doesn't help to the scene in general and it is hindered that those of us who have sx core cannot enjoy dreamcast. Do you know if you could fix flycast and launch it for each other? I think nobody will help each other

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
every time I ask in any retroarch or flycast forum about whether they will correct the bug to make it work on sxos, they ban me ... it looks like they don't want you ... you are their enemies ... I don't understand this because it doesn't help to the scene in general and it is hindered that those of us who have sx core cannot enjoy dreamcast. Do you know if you could fix flycast and launch it for each other? I think nobody will help each other
If the source code is available on GitHub, anyone can have a go at getting it to work (assuming you know how to write and interpret code, debug code and compile code into a working executable).

I am confident that there are users here who can do that, but I personally cannot (I got as far as writing simple GUI and CLI apps in C#, but I never learned much more than that lol).

All the top emulator guys from back in the day have long since given up on developing and most (if not all) of their projects became open-source (I think MVG aka lantus still does a bit here and there, but not like he used to).

Last edited:

Minino

Sep 18, 2020
España
If the source code is available on GitHub, anyone can have a go at getting it to work (assuming you know how to write and interpret code, debug code and compile code into a working executable).

I am confident that there are users here who can do that, but I personally cannot (I got as far as writing simple GUI and CLI apps in C#, but I never learned much more than that lol).

All the top emulator guys from back in the day have long since given up on developing and most (if not all) of their projects became open-source (I think MVG aka lantus still does a bit here and there, but not like he used to).
Let's see if team xecuter see the post and solve and make flycast compatible for sxos. I think that sxos users (who have the rest of the cfws community apart) deserve to have all the scene available since we have also paid for it .