SX OS BETA REPOSITORY - Downloads all beta versions

cold4ire

Noob Account
Nov 28, 2018
Re: SX OS BETA - Downloads & Discussion

Ive got the 2.3 beta sx os, which saves emunand on the sd card. That takes a lot of space on a 32gb. giving me less for games.

is there a way round this without splitting games and using fat32?

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud

Ive got the 2.3 beta sx os, which saves emunand on the sd card. That takes a lot of space on a 32gb. giving me less for games.

is there a way round this without splitting games and using fat32?
If I understand what you are saying I would suggest getting a bigger SD card. They are insanely cheap now.

cold4ire

Noob Account
Nov 28, 2018

Thanks for the reply. �� decided to get usb c otg and a flash drive. Leave the sd card in there for the emunand and play roms off the flash drive 128gb. Hopefully that should do it

Last edited:

slamride

Nov 28, 2018

I get very random errors on 2.3 beta with 6.1 emunand that cause switch to shut down. Have yet to pinpoint any cause. I have changed format on sd card, new sd card,different brand sd card,nsp or xci, on dock off dock all with no change. After shutdown I can reboot with jig and right back to CFW no problem. Can't seem to find a trigger and may be days before it happens or minutes. Anyone else having this? Just curious if I may be missing something simple.

hyperSwitch

Noob Account
Nov 19, 2018

Now that Athmosphere is out for Firmware 6.2 is there an eta for a new SX OS Beta with 6.2?
Ask because want to be able to download Games i bought on eshop und install updates whats not possible on Switch FW 6.2
Hope it will be soon :)
Nice thing is users don‘t have to dump a new key as supposed before but at athmosphere they say it‘s automatically done :)

C_cat

Jun 30, 2018

i heard this from one of the mod on the forum that TX doesn't give ETA on stuff, even then lets give em time to work stuff out

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010

Atmosphere's progress in no way affects SX OS progress. SX OS may contain some of the same features, but these are different teams working at different speeds. Atmosphere releasing what they have only gives Nintendo the information sooner on what to patch.

I personally would expect another CFW breaking update from Nintendo before SSB launch. This is just a hunch...

slamride

Nov 28, 2018

I was thinking same thing. SSBU is going to be used to get people to update out of CFW. I know it is not projected to use 6.2 but some game dlc or online play update forcing it. I would use it that way and open up Firmware updates for any console. That would end a few thousand or more I would think.

jucost

Noob Account
Nov 24, 2018

Hello, "differents speed" ? but sxos is not a free product and TX must be the speedest team because they have customers

Elliander

Oct 27, 2018

emuNAND no longer works for me since moving to microSD. I wrote a detailed post about the issue, with a photo, here before I read this thread and saw that it says bug reports should be discussed here.

To summarize: The move was successful, the files are on the microSD card, I can boot into official firmware 6.0.1, and I am not using AutoRCM. Regardless, when I select to boot into emuNAND I just go to a black screen. The emuNAND worked where it was created on SX OS 2.0.1.

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud

emuNAND no longer works for me since moving to microSD. I wrote a detailed post about the issue, with a photo, here before I read this thread and saw that it says bug reports should be discussed here.

To summarize: The move was successful, the files are on the microSD card, I can boot into official firmware 6.0.1, and I am not using AutoRCM. Regardless, when I select to boot into emuNAND I just go to a black screen. The emuNAND worked where it was created on SX OS 2.0.1.
Did you rename your Nintendo folder Emutendo or copy the data from your Nintendo to the Emutendo folder? I am not actually sure if that effects booting or not to be honest, but I know some people have said you need to do 1 of those 2 things after migrating I believe.

I didn't get the black screen when I migrated mine, but I did have other issues so I just backed my SD car up, wiped the switch in the Nintendo restore menu and started fresh and have not had any issues since. Obviously that's a drastic way to go, but I just wanted to get back up and running and that seemed like the fastest way at the time.

slamride

Nov 28, 2018

I am thinking nand requirements for 2.3 sd version may be different. It is no fun but Imprezgc8's suggestion may be the best option. It's seems like you may be missing some needed files in the Emunand dump causing a freeze.​

Last edited:

Elliander

Oct 27, 2018

Did you rename your Nintendo folder Emutendo or copy the data from your Nintendo to the Emutendo folder? I am not actually sure if that effects booting or not to be honest, but I know some people have said you need to do 1 of those 2 things after migrating I believe.

I didn't get the black screen when I migrated mine, but I did have other issues so I just backed my SD car up, wiped the switch in the Nintendo restore menu and started fresh and have not had any issues since. Obviously that's a drastic way to go, but I just wanted to get back up and running and that seemed like the fastest way at the time.
Yup. I had the Emutendo folder, and going into OFW created the Nintendo folder new again. I also tried swapping out the boot 0/1 files, and I even tried creating a new emuNAND. Nothing works.

I have read that people have got it to work by reformatting the SD card multiple times and/or using recovery tools, so it makes me wonder why. I mean, why would the emuNAND be so finicky that a reformat or three could do anything at all? If it really is that bad, they pretty much have to release a PC tool to prepare the emuNAND for this to be usable by the general population. That, or give us a way to move it back to sysNAND until it's actually ready for use.

I am thinking nand requirements for 2.3 sd version may be different. It is no fun but Imprezgc8's suggestion may be the best option. It's seems like you may be missing some needed files in the Emunand dump causing a freeze.​
... except that even a newly created emuNAND didn't work either, and the files in the old emuNAND matched the expected total size of the emuNAND I had before. From what I can tell reading through all the black screen errors, it seems like it happens more for people on 6.0.1 and 6.1.0, doesn't seem to happen on 5x, and for those on 6x seems to require things that it really shouldn't require.

Well, since they are presumably working on getting 6.2 to work with emuNAND I imagine that they will fix whatever is going on here with that since of course a black screen error on 6x is too similar sounding to the black screen errors for those on 6.2

EDIT: I found a solution to my problem. Posted it in detail here. Long story short, a file was bad, but it was because of a bug in the way emuNAND is moved or created in 2.3 Beta. I had to roll back to 2.0.1 to create a new emuNAND to make a new NAND dump to get the files to get my emuNAND on microSD to work, and everything is now working properly.

Last edited:

sporesprout

Noob Account
Nov 30, 2018

Sorry noob question! Why would my external work in hand held mode and not in dock mode? Have tried all 3 ports.
Edit: must have miss read something I guess dock mode is exclusive to 2.2beta?

Last edited:

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud

Yup. I had the Emutendo folder, and going into OFW created the Nintendo folder new again. I also tried swapping out the boot 0/1 files, and I even tried creating a new emuNAND. Nothing works.

I have read that people have got it to work by reformatting the SD card multiple times and/or using recovery tools, so it makes me wonder why. I mean, why would the emuNAND be so finicky that a reformat or three could do anything at all? If it really is that bad, they pretty much have to release a PC tool to prepare the emuNAND for this to be usable by the general population. That, or give us a way to move it back to sysNAND until it's actually ready for use.

... except that even a newly created emuNAND didn't work either, and the files in the old emuNAND matched the expected total size of the emuNAND I had before. From what I can tell reading through all the black screen errors, it seems like it happens more for people on 6.0.1 and 6.1.0, doesn't seem to happen on 5x, and for those on 6x seems to require things that it really shouldn't require.

Well, since they are presumably working on getting 6.2 to work with emuNAND I imagine that they will fix whatever is going on here with that since of course a black screen error on 6x is too similar sounding to the black screen errors for those on 6.2

EDIT: I found a solution to my problem. Posted it in detail here. Long story short, a file was bad, but it was because of a bug in the way emuNAND is moved or created in 2.3 Beta. I had to roll back to 2.0.1 to create a new emuNAND to make a new NAND dump to get the files to get my emuNAND on microSD to work, and everything is now working properly.
All the firmwares that have Emunand in them are all beta's so it makes sense that it would be buggy honestly. They hope that people using them post here so they know about the issues and can test before making a full release. Hopefully they will work out any weird bugs with emunand with the next full update.

Wrath

Noob Account
Jun 29, 2018

Currently on 6.1 and sx os 2.3 beta and have only a slight problem. When switch is turned off and docked, my exfat usb hdd keeps power cycling, you can hear it instantly shut down then powering back up again, it seems to do this over and over, it sounds like it's being plugged in then unplugged.
For now i just unplug it when not using it...am I missing something?
Also have auto RCM installed if that makes a difference.

Last edited:

Hackerjac

The Minifigure
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Jun 2, 2010
Denmark

Your not missing anything, mine does the same and have read alot of posts all over the net about ppl complaining about the same thing

Reactions: Wrath

stonebatista

Noob Account
Nov 24, 2018
Re: SX OS BETA - Discussion

There's a probability of a new update soon, that envolve the Switch with xaw1008? ( My console boots on RCM but doenst accept payload archives)

In this case Im thinking to trade my console to a non-patched one, or its worth waitin this...

Tks

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010

There has been no public news regarding the newer switches with the ipatch. I can tell you we are working on it currently.