SX OS Black Screen after Payload ONLY after activating license

lightsethc

Noob Account
Nov 14, 2019
United States
Hey guys, so as the title says I've been at work all night trying to get this working and it's come down to this. SX OS will boot into the CFW when I first start. I did a manual activation and placed the license.dat in the root of the SD then it started to black screen after the SX OS Splash, I removed the license from the SD and once again it would boot the CFW with no black screen, I did online activation the second round and rebooted, and after the new license was made on the SD card it would black screen after the payload was injected. Any ideas how to fix this? Also, I have tried w the EXFat update for the SD card with both scenarios, and I have also tried it with it formatted as FAT32.

Anyways, sorry my first post has to be asking for help but I've did so much googling tonight I figured it would be better to take my specific case to you guys. Hope to hear from you soon! :)

lightsethc

Noob Account
Nov 14, 2019
United States
Just in case someone else has the same problem, I reformatted everything, downloaded latest update on OFW then booted up SX and created an emunand and from then on it worked. Apparently something to do with the old Emunand I had created. Anyways, so if you have the same problem try that!

Reactions: imprezgc8

Alchemy.Gaming

Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 11, 2019
US
9/10 times, this issue is solved by either switching to FAT32, or updating to the latest SXOS. EmuNAND cannot be booted without a license, so if it isn't booting with the license, you're likely using the wrong format or version. If all else fails, and the SD card is authentic (can be tested with h2testw), then doing a "clean all" with diskpart usually gets the job done.

Reactions: imprezgc8

sxos-noob

Noob Account
Nov 16, 2019
D
Hey guys,

I have a same problem, but in my case sx os does never boot.
I can get into the start screen (with the 3 buttons 'boot custom fw', 'boot original fw' and 'options'), into the options and into the ofw from here.
But when I select 'boot custom fw', it tooks a few seconds and then the ofw boots.
It doesn't matter if I already have the license.dat on the card or not.
Just tried it with sxos 2.9.2 and already tried several sd cards and formats in the last months.

Does anybody has an idea???

Velvet

Nov 9, 2018
Hey guys,

I can get into the start screen (with the 3 buttons 'boot custom fw', 'boot original fw' and 'options'), into the options and into the ofw from here.
But when I select 'boot custom fw', it tooks a few seconds and then the ofw boots.
Just tried it with sxos 2.9.2 and already tried several sd cards and formats in the last months.

Download again the needed files, even your license. Format again your MicroSD card to FAT32 and try again.

Alchemy.Gaming

Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 11, 2019
US
Hey guys,

Are you SURE you've booted OFW? Did you try going into the Album menu? You won't see any indication in system settings, you have to open the album/gallery icon to enter the main SXOS menu.