SX Pro Dongle Dying

Noms

Oct 5, 2018
Aberdeen, Scotland
I’ve been using SX Pro for a couple of years but it seems the dongle is dying. Each time I do a firmware update it takes ages and several attempts to power the Switch back on because the dongle has no charge and it’s taking longer and longer to recharge it with my laptop.

Looking ahead what are my options?

Is it just a case of having to buy a new SX Pro and will there be any issues with the licence?

I assume if I buy a new SX Pro I also get a new license – is it allowed to have two licences for one Switch?

I’m more than happy to do that if that’s what needs to be done.

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
In that case, you can buy another SX Pro dongle and activate it's license with your Switch.

Reactions: Noms

cantante2020

Noob Account
Sep 27, 2020
Argentinia
Where is the license code in the SX Pro Package?

I only have the dongle and the jib and a cable. There is no license code number in the package.
The Package inside is white and the outside back red.

AintThatAmazin

Noob Account
Jul 9, 2020
USA
Have you considered opening the SX Pro dongle and replacing the capacitors instead?

The original parts appear to be KAMCAP Super Capacitor 2.7V 0.35F.
My dongle isn't holding a charge very well either, I did look up that capacitor you mentioned but not as easy to find as I thought the info provided would make it. I found the KAMCAP Super Capacitor 2.7 but nothing in the 0.35F, they list 1.0-3000 on their page. Any chance of a link to one or one compatible? Sorry, I am a noob on the electronic hardware stuff...

Last edited: