SX Pro Dongle gets so hot that you get burned

xy-maps

Noob Account
Jul 8, 2018
Switzerland
Hello,
I have a problem with my Pro Dongle wich I bought at Shop01media.
I could only use the dongle 3-4 times, because it does not charge.
If I connect the dongle in RCM mode no payload is loaded, using TegraRCMgui on the PC it works without problems.
The dongle gets so hot when charging that you almost burn yourself!
No matter if I charge it directly at the switch or at the PC with the supplied cable.
Furthermore, the green LED does not light up when charging when I connect the dongle to the switch of several USB chargers.
Only when I connect the dongle to the PC the LED lights up, but still sending the payload does not work.

The seller "Shop01Media" does not want to send a replacement, so I wanted to ask if the dongle can be repaired?
Sounds like defective electrolytic capacitors because of the heat?

murpcsm45

Jul 2, 2018
Why are you using the dongle so much, put the Switch in sleep mode rather after loading the SX OS payload, then dock it when not in use to charge it of course using the charger to the dock.

That way you don't have to use the dongle every time, it saves you from having to use it so much.

xy-maps

Noob Account
Jul 8, 2018
Switzerland
Yes, I know that Team Xecuter does not exchange devices:wink:, but I would like to point out the problem and the "good" service of the reseller...
The reseller's response was just bulls**t. "You are using the dongle wrong" and then they have contacted Team Xecutter:" only 0.01% of the dongles have a flaw, so I used it wrong, there is no exchange for you..."

I have now made a video of it unfortunately I have no thermometer at hand to measure the temperature. Abe there is definitely something wrong with the dongle.

[video=youtube_share;0nFehDvFwfY]https://youtu.be/0nFehDvFwfY[/video]

Why are you using the dongle so much, put the Switch in sleep mode rather after loading the SX OS payload, then dock it when not in use to charge it of course using the charger to the dock.

That way you don't have to use the dongle every time, it saves you from having to use it so much.
What the heck? 3-4 times a lot? That's what it's for, after all I have to use it when copying new data to the SD card, copying SX OS updates to the card, and when a game crash and I need to restart the console.

rick48235

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
MICH
they should replace it. I would tell them you sending it back and they can send back to manuf and you will wait on replacement.

GuMossad

Noob Account
Jul 9, 2018
Why in the video are you holding power while holding vol up?, You hold vol up but just tap power once. I cant boot anything while using your method.

Also the reseller should honour any issues, If not email [email protected]
So Rory how do you boot? I just press down Volume Up + 1 Tap in Power and it does the same stuff as OP...

I see that we aren't that few with problems in the Dongle... Mine never worked, at least OP worked 3/4 times...

GuMossad

Noob Account
Jul 9, 2018
Yes, I know that Team Xecuter does not exchange devices:wink:, but I would like to point out the problem and the "good" service of the reseller...
The reseller's response was just bulls**t. "You are using the dongle wrong" and then they have contacted Team Xecutter:" only 0.01% of the dongles have a flaw, so I used it wrong, there is no exchange for you..."

I have now made a video of it unfortunately I have no thermometer at hand to measure the temperature. Abe there is definitely something wrong with the dongle.

What the heck? 3-4 times a lot? That's what it's for, after all I have to use it when copying new data to the SD card, copying SX OS updates to the card, and when a game crash and I need to restart the console.

Same boat here mate, but I gave up, mine never booted. Via PC everything cool. I talked with Shop 01 Media and added all the emails i exchanged with TX and they are going to exchange mine. You even did a video which proves your and my problem!

RazorX2018

VIP Member
Jul 3, 2018
Newcastle, United Kingdom

if you need to replace the super capacitors the ones you want are KAMCAP 2.7V 0.35F Farad Super Capacitor (thanks to @Game_Over for checking what his were from his internal build)