SX Pro for Dummies

dxa311

Noob Account
Apr 23, 2020
USA
Hi all,
I'm new to this whole thing, and hoping to get some help.
I've been going by the guide on the sx-xecuter website, but all I get is a black/blank screen when trying to turn the switch on after I use the microSD, sx pro dongle, and jig. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, and just lost in general.
Is there a thread on here for dummies like me? Are there any special features on my switch/laptop that I need to make sure this is working right?
I appreciate any and all help.
Thanks so much in advance.

Vampire

Noob Account
Apr 23, 2020
Spain
Check your firmware, I was in the same trouble and I found my switch is updated to 10.0.1 so OS SX is not compatible yet. Expecting Good news soon

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
SX now supports up to FW 10.0.1 with SX 2.9.5

wolfofwall

Noob Account
Apr 27, 2020
NYC
I am having the exact same issues. I downloaded the 2.9.5 boot.dat file and dragged into my microSD and inserted into my switch. i never had a microSD in the switch so i was asked by the switch to upgrade to 10.0.1 in order for it to be recognized... i upgraded and the sd was recognized by the switch, but im not able to get into the SX OS Bootloader by pressing + and power button and using dongle and jig. Any help would be appreciated! Im growing frustrated trying so many diff things, not tech savvy as most here